The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 9th, 2019 at 3:27:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The walls are caving in. lol

Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-record-support-for-trump-impeachment
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 9th, 2019 at 4:04:19 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Tripdufan
Fine.

Artilce II, Section 1, Clause 7.

"The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them."

Is the Pentagon excluded from this one?

I will agree that this may apply.

There are several lawsuits which have been filed concerning this issue. At least one of them has been dismissed by a federal court. Some continue to be in litigation.

I guess we will both have to wait to see the final results.

Since in an earlier post you stated: 'the list of possible violations are too long to post", I will make it easy for you, just limit your list to 5 more.

Having fun reading the Constitution?
More people should actually read it.
Let's go Brandon
October 9th, 2019 at 4:14:25 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: fleaswatter
Since in an earlier post you stated: 'the list of possible violations are too long to post", I will make it easy for you, just limit your list to 5 more.

Since I truly believe that we function better as a society when we are "all in this together", how about we make it easy on both of us? If you are interested in reading about Trump's possible violations of the Emoluments Clauses in the Constitution, you can google it and save us both time and effort.

Is this where you tell me that Google is weeding out the results? "LOL"

We do agree on something though. We'll both just have to wait and see.
October 9th, 2019 at 5:01:17 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Tripdufan
Since I truly believe that we function better as a society when we are "all in this together", how about we make it easy on both of us? If you are interested in reading about Trump's possible violations of the Emoluments Clauses in the Constitution, you can google it and save us both time and effort.

Is this where you tell me that Google is weeding out the results? "LOL"

We do agree on something though. We'll both just have to wait and see.

No need to google, the issue concerning emoluments, if I remember correctly, has been a topic of discussion since between the time Trump was elected and before he was inaugurated, and quite possibly during his campaign. It was one of the early issues that the dems desired to get President Trump on. We agree to wait and see.

I guess I misunderstood your following statements: "... a man who consistently sh*ts on it." (constitution) and "...the list of possible violations are too long to post...". I got the false impression by your statements that you meant President Trump has violated numerous (too many to list) sections and articles of the Constitution, not just the one that you found. My bad.
Let's go Brandon
October 9th, 2019 at 9:47:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Frankly, it is absolutely easy to not get impeached whether you're Nixon, Clinton or Trump.

Nixon-. Don't get involved in a crime and cover it up.

Clinton-Don't screw an intern and perjure yourself.

Trump-You've got experts all around you, on the law and the job. From what I understand any significant calls with other leaders, the points of interest are discussed with senior staff beforehand unless it is just a congratulatory call or condolences. So you had people to keep you out of trouble. You apparently didn't consult them or maybe even care.

Again, you have experts on the law and the job, there's no excuse. AND you had people to spell out the emoluments problem right from the beginning. it's been all on you to do the right thing since then. Not anyone else's problem if you can't or won't.

WHO FEELS THEY AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO KEEP FROM GETTING IN IMPEACHMENT TROUBLE? i'LL JUST GO AHEAD AND BLOCK YOU, BECAUSE NO SENSE WASTING MY TIME WITH SOMEONE SO DUMB.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 10th, 2019 at 5:08:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 10th, 2019 at 7:08:41 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288

I guess you haven't been paying attention. Not long after Disney bought Fox their polls have switched from right leaning to left leaning.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 10th, 2019 at 7:33:17 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman

I guess you haven't been paying attention. Not long after Disney bought Fox their polls have switched from right leaning to left leaning.

?????
Not long after the Ukraine call text was released, fox polls switched from right leaning to left leaning due to Trumps actions and people changing their minds on Trump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 10th, 2019 at 7:42:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Huh?

Fox has always been regarded as a really good pollster.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 10th, 2019 at 7:59:01 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

?????
Not long after the Ukraine call text was released, fox polls switched from right leaning to left leaning due to Trumps actions and people changing their minds on Trump

Long before that if you were paying attention. Check the history on their presidential approval polls they changed 10 points from one poll to the next and have stayed there. That only happens if the methodology was changed.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin