The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 9th, 2019 at 12:31:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
The Supreme Court has quite a few significant cases coming up as well. Depending on how they rule, it could also push the election one way or the other.

Not sure which issue polls a majority of Americans for them. Making conservative decision where the majority of Americans doesn't favor it could hurt the Republicans in the election.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 9th, 2019 at 7:27:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Most Democrats want to impeach U.S. President Donald Trump,

supported impeachment

It would be interesting to ask those who 'support impeachment' if they understand that just means there is a Senate trial with nearly no chance for conviction, unless the Senators can be convinced that an impeachable offense is found.

I believe that 'impeachment' is often misinterpreted as 'removal'. As has been mentioned here a multitude of times, there are tons of Republicans who are in favor of impeachment, not because they believe that Trump has committed a crime, but because impeachment increases the chance of his re-election.

I think the polls should ask are they in favor of Trump's conviction, not his impeachment.
October 9th, 2019 at 7:38:55 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: FrGamble
You would definitely lose your dollar bet. However, in regards to your other examples you can't live on $13 an hour or really $35k a year. I also was moved by Face mentioning for the the work load has increased as technology is pushing things beyond the human capacity to keep up. The stress and work load and fear of losing a job doesn't really translate to the security we need to find happiness. I promised I wouldn't mention it but I feel like I have to at least say that something like a UBI would be really helpful to relieve the financial stress on people. But anyway the idea that Trump will be removed from office is crazy, I just hope he can avoid going crazy himself during these attacks on him.

You picked the wrong religion! Rabbi's being wooed from other congregations easily making 6 figures. Where we obviously disagree is that I do not think you are automatically supposed to be able to support a family on an entry level job. I should have specifically mentioned that one high school girl, the other in college, are doing these jobs part time. You say you can't live on $35k a year (with benefits)? How about a couple then that is making $70k? I am not saying they are living the life of Riley, but not on food stamps either.
As far as any job being too difficult, I will PROMISE you if Face decides it is too tough there is another guy hoping to get his job.

As far as fear of losing a job..... I think that is similar to our ancestors of fear of a bad crop, fear of an unsuccessful hunt, fear of an unruly king, etc....

As far as my dollar bet..... do you get free room and board in your job? Or do you pay rent like most working folk?
October 9th, 2019 at 7:43:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

I think the polls should ask are they in favor of Trump's conviction, not his impeachment.

I'm for House hearings on investigating impeachment
The best thing about Watergate
The hearings getting to the truth of the matter. As the hearings went on, Nixon got less and less support
The more truth that is exposed regarding Trump, the better it is for the country
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 9th, 2019 at 8:27:28 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: terapined
I'm for House hearings on investigating impeachment

Do you support how the democrats are conducting their so-called "impeachment inquiry"?

Do you support:
-the democrats conducting the "impeachment inquiry" without a full house vote???
-the democrats conducting the "impeachment inquiry" in secret behind closed doors???
-the democrats preventing the republicans and the President from calling their own witnesses???
-the democrats preventing the President the right to confront the witnesses against him???
-the democrats preventing the President from having the assistance of counsel during the committee hearings???
-the democrats preventing the President the ability to present evidence during the committee hearings???
-the democrats preventing the President the right to cross examine the witnesses against him???
-the democrats refusing to release the transcripts of the interviews of witnesses (such as the ICIG and Kurt Volker)???
-the democrats preventing the President the right to make objections relating to the examination of witnesses???
-the democrats preventing the President the right to make objections relating to the admissibility of testimony and evidence???

The above is exactly what the democrats are currently doing.
Let's go Brandon
October 9th, 2019 at 8:55:01 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: fleaswatter
Do you support how the democrats are conducting their so-called "impeachment inquiry"?

Do you support:
-the democrats conducting the "impeachment inquiry" without a full house vote???
-the democrats conducting the "impeachment inquiry" in secret behind closed doors???
-the democrats preventing the republicans and the President from calling their own witnesses???
-the democrats preventing the President the right to confront the witnesses against him???
-the democrats preventing the President from having the assistance of counsel during the committee hearings???
-the democrats preventing the President the ability to present evidence during the committee hearings???
-the democrats preventing the President the right to cross examine the witnesses against him???
-the democrats refusing to release the transcripts of the interviews of witnesses (such as the ICIG and Kurt Volker)???
-the democrats preventing the President the right to make objections relating to the examination of witnesses???
-the democrats preventing the President the right to make objections relating to the admissibility of testimony and evidence???

It is a mess, for sure. But I think "impeachment inquiry" is to figure out if they have enough to actually impeach. If he is impeached, it will be because a majority of the House of Representatives felt there was enough evidence to merit a Senate trial. No Congressman voting to impeach is by their vote saying that Trump is guilty, just that there is enough evidence to proceed with the trial. If it goes to a trial Trump will be afforded the opportunity to defend himself.
October 9th, 2019 at 9:00:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

Do you support:

Wah wah wah The President already has Republicans helping him from Congress, and he has his own legal team.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 9th, 2019 at 9:24:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Do you support:

Wah wah wah The President already has Republicans helping him from Congress, and he has his own legal team.

I agree
wah wah wah
I am for ALL investigations as long as there is probable cause regardless if the target is a Dem or Rep
I was fine with the Benghazi investigation, I never complained
Many conservatives are totally fine with Dems being investigated but complain when Republicans are investigated
SAD
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 9th, 2019 at 9:48:34 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Wah wah wah

Quote: terapined
I agree
wah wah wah

It is good to see that both of you have no problem of stripping the President of his Constitutional rights. /sarcasm

Both of you would fit right in in Russia and China. So SAD.
Let's go Brandon
October 9th, 2019 at 9:54:25 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Let's go Brandon