The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 9th, 2019 at 10:03:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Why don’t you just give Trump his dictator sash to wear and be done with it?

The President also has and been using Executive privilege. Not something available to most people.

If the republicans have the legal authority to challenge the Democrats on those list of points, let them enforce it Otherwise your assertion is just wishful thinking, not Constitutional,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 9th, 2019 at 10:04:47 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO
It would be interesting to ask those who 'support impeachment' if they understand that just means there is a Senate trial with nearly no chance for conviction, unless the Senators can be convinced that an impeachable offense is found.

I believe that 'impeachment' is often misinterpreted as 'removal'. As has been mentioned here a multitude of times, there are tons of Republicans who are in favor of impeachment, not because they believe that Trump has committed a crime, but because impeachment increases the chance of his re-election.

I think the polls should ask are they in favor of Trump's conviction, not his impeachment.

A lot of the polls do as for opinions on both impeachment and removal from office.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/09/poll-trump-impeach-041942

"The (Politico/Morning Consult) poll, conducted Monday and Tuesday, shows that 50 percent of registered voters surveyed would support the Senate’s removing Trump from office, while 43 percent oppose the president’s removal. Seven percent of voters were undecided."

for removal in particular, numbers are support / oppose
Overall 50 / 43
Democrats 88 / 7
Republicans 12 / 83
Independents 44 / 43
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 9th, 2019 at 10:39:56 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: rxwine
If the republicans have the legal authority to challenge the Democrats on those list of points, let them enforce it Otherwise your assertion is just wishful thinking, not Constitutional,

I am shocked, saddened and disappointed that you are so completely clueless concerning the on-goings in the House of Representatives since the democrats recently gained control.

The democrats have repeatedly changed and modified the rules of the house to suit their purpose with no recourse available to the republicans.
Let's go Brandon
October 9th, 2019 at 10:54:21 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: fleaswatter
I am shocked, saddened and disappointed that you are so completely clueless concerning the on-goings in the House of Representatives since the democrats recently gained control.

The democrats have repeatedly changed and modified the rules of the house to suit their purpose with no recourse available to the republicans.

Elections have consequences. If the Republicans had run on their pro-growth trickle-up tax plan (lol) instead of "invasion", they might've fared better in the midterms and maybe even retained control of the House. (There's a reason they didn't)

It's also interesting to see people tout their support for the Constitution while supporting a man who consistently sh*ts on it. Think, if Obama had blocked Hillary from testifying in the Benghazi probes, you all would be losing your minds.
October 9th, 2019 at 10:59:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tripdufan

Elections have consequences.

Yup
Looks like the Dems are playing hardball taking lessons from the republican house during Obama
If Republicans don't like the way the house is run, win it back
The Dems won the house because of Trump. The Dems won because the American people voted for oversight
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 9th, 2019 at 1:49:47 PM permalink
fleaswatter

It's also interesting to see people tout their support for the Constitution while supporting a man who consistently sh*ts on it.

I eagerly await for you to provide examples where President Trump did what you have accused him of. Please feel free to cite by article and section.

You can start by reading here: The Constitution of the United States

MAGA (don't click here)
Let's go Brandon
October 9th, 2019 at 2:01:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Interesting
Matt Drudge is no longer in Trumps corner
telling
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 9th, 2019 at 2:28:02 PM permalink
Tripdufan
I eagerly await for you to provide examples where President Trump did what you have accused him of. Please feel free to cite by article and section.

You can start by reading here: The Constitution of the United States

MAGA (don't click here)

Article I, Section 9, Clause 8

"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State"

Honestly, the list of possible violations are too long to post. But just the Pentagon spending $185k at Turnberry is enough to qualify my statement that he's been s**ting on the Constitution. We don't even need to get into the separation of powers discussion. Emoluments is all we really need.
October 9th, 2019 at 3:10:17 PM permalink
fleaswatter

Article I, Section 9, Clause 8

"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State"

Honestly, the list of possible violations are too long to post. But just the Pentagon spending $185k at Turnberry is enough to qualify my statement that he's been s**ting on the Constitution. We don't even need to get into the separation of powers discussion. Emoluments is all we really need.

LOL,
The pentagon's spending does not apply. (Hint: the pentagon is neither a King, Prince nor foreign state)

NEXT!!!

And by the way:

Trump Org donates nearly $200k to cover foreign profits
Let's go Brandon
October 9th, 2019 at 3:22:35 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Fine.

Artilce II, Section 1, Clause 7.

"The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them."

Is the Pentagon excluded from this one?