The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 25th, 2020 at 1:09:37 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
January 25th, 2020 at 1:31:45 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: aceofspades
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/gop-senators-incensed-schiff-head-pike-remark-impeachment-trial-n1122761

I'm not surprised that he is repeating an unverified report. After all, he has already made up a story to tell the House Intelligence Committee, among other things.

He's a total loser trying to get in line for the Senate seat of Feinstein.
January 25th, 2020 at 1:47:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
He's a total loser trying to get in line for the Senate seat of Feinstein.

He’s an American hero. History will remember him well. Donny? Not so much...

That Senate seat is his if he wants it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 25th, 2020 at 2:05:35 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Your problem is - you’re unable to identify any crimes committed by the Bidens.

And Donny has admitted he’d do the same thing Hunter did!

Trump: ‘I Would’ Do What Hunter Biden Did for ‘Millions of Dollars’

Wow, your desperation is really showing if you believe your link has any relevance.

Did you even read the article??? The president was joking.

From your link (emphasis mine):

Quote:
With a Senate impeachment trial looming, President Donald Trump joked to supporters on Thursday that he would have no problem doing exactly what he’s accused former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter of doing for “millions of dollars.”

------the crowd seemed to have no qualms with the president joking about taking money .........

Libbies have no sense of humor.
Let's go Brandon
January 25th, 2020 at 2:09:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
You're still missing that the President had a proper way to conduct investigations.

Presidents even have good ways to smear rivals as long as they have sympathetic supporters who are distant enough from the President's inner circle.

A president using his political power abusively to win his next election seems well within impeachment.

This is what everyone will say when the next President abuses his power to win an election. MUST be okay.

You still don't get the point of who is in charge. You say "the President had a proper way to conduct investigations." It is the President who decides what is a proper way to conduct the investigations. It is not up to you to decide. It is not up to me to decide. It is not up to the Democrats in the House to decide.

The underlings can advise the President they don't think it is the best thing to use the leverage on the Ukrainian President, but the President can, and obviously did, overrule them.

He's boorish. He doesn't follow established norms in virtually anything he does. He gets things done in a different way than any other politician I can remember. But he was ALL of these things BEFORE he won the election. 35 or so states worth of citizens voted to make him President, aware of his 'differences'. If you think that these are actually new findings that are unexpected (I don"t), then maybe a few of those states will vote for the Democrat instead of him. You know he won't be convicted unless the Democrats come up with real evidence.
January 25th, 2020 at 2:09:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Did you even read the article??? The president was joking.

You honestly think Donny (or any Trump for that matter) would turn down that cushy high paying position?

Puh-leez! The dude sold cheap steaks for an extra buck!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 25th, 2020 at 2:15:21 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: SOOPOO
We can parse back and forth this trivia. You say political rival. I say high level American. And a high level American WHOSE SON GOT A MILLION DOLLAR FAUX JOB with the Ukrainians. Mention any other ex elected official whose son got a similar job and I'll ask for help investigating him too. Point being, you can choose to think what Trump did was bad, wrong, not in concert with your ideals for a President..... But it's not even close to a reason to impeach.

Do you think all 'political rivals' should be exempt from having their crimes investigated?

Are you saying Biden is the only corrupt American that needed to be investigated?

If I didn't say it, I think it would be fine if a political rival was involved with a larger investigation into corruption.

In this case, somehow one individual political rival is the ONLY one that Trump wanted an investigation done on.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 25th, 2020 at 3:39:24 PM permalink
fleaswatter
The idiot house impeachment managers spent almost 24 hours "making" their case. CNN's Jeffery Toobin admits that the republicans are winning after only 2 hours of testimony.

President Trump’s Defense Team Hit Dems So Hard That Even CNN Admits, ‘The President is Winning’ (VIDEO)

Jeffery Toobin quote from the video

Quote:
“I just think that the Republicans are winning here. The President is winning here,”

WOW, what is this world coming to when a CNN pundit admits that it only took the republicans 2 HOURS to destroy the dems.
Let's go Brandon
January 25th, 2020 at 3:47:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Not being politic, I find it odd that the democrats would have no problem if Trump would have ordered a drone strike on Zelenski , but get all bent out of shape when he tells him to check into [American] malfeasance.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 25th, 2020 at 3:57:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
You still don't get the point of who is in charge. You say "the President had a proper way to conduct investigations."

The law is above the President. He cannot just do it the way he wants. He cannot break the laws conducting investigation, and the GAO has ruled withholding the Ukraine aid was illegal.

Nixon can't break laws.
Clinton can't break laws.

etc.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?