The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 24th, 2020 at 2:25:57 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Tripdufan
Which of these articles of impeachment explicitly specify that his behavior constituted "high crimes and misdemeanors"? None of them do!

Gosh, do I have to all the work for you??

Following is a quote from the articles of impeachment for Pickering:

Quote:
....and was then and there guilty of other high misdemeanors.....

You are correct again, the articles do not use the exact words: "high crimes and misdemeanors".
Let's go Brandon
January 24th, 2020 at 2:33:29 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Tripdufan
Which of these articles of impeachment explicitly specify that his behavior constituted "high crimes and misdemeanors"? None of them do!

The point is that you don't need a statutory crime to have been broken to impeach a federal official. It turns out, just being somebody devoid of moral character and a drunk is good enough.

And here, today, we have somebody that is not only devoid of moral character, he used the power we bestow upon one individual for his own personal gain. If what Trump did is not impeachable, NOTHING is impeachable.

He made unlawful rulings on the bench, had mental deterioration, and was a drunk. That is way, way more than these trumped up Trump charges.

EVERYTHING is impeachable; Trump has been impeached. That doesn't mean that the Senate will convict and remove.

You think there is plenty of evidence to do that; many disagree.

So...yes, you can do enough without an actual statutory crime to be convicted and removed. That doesn't mean that this particular event merits that outcome; the best you will get is that we agree to disagree.
January 24th, 2020 at 2:34:28 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Bill Clinton committed perjury.

Should he have been convicted and removed from office?

Damm straight
I never voted for that sicko. He's right up there with that sicko Donald Trump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 24th, 2020 at 2:44:54 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
So...yes, you can do enough without an actual statutory crime to be convicted and removed. That doesn't mean that this particular event merits that outcome; the best you will get is that we agree to disagree.

Have a good weekend.
January 24th, 2020 at 2:45:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Bill Clinton committed perjury.

Should he have been convicted and removed from office?

Tell you what. If Trump testifies under oath like Clinton I'll accept whatever verdict the Senate comes up with and never complain about him again.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 24th, 2020 at 2:57:04 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
Damm straight
I never voted for that sicko. He's right up there with that sicko Donald Trump

I agree with the sicko part, but I still think it fell short of conviction and impeachment.
January 24th, 2020 at 2:59:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Please pay close attention to what
is said when Trump's team destroys
the whole thing. You might
learn something. Maybe.
Hopefully. Probably not...

Hahahahaha.

Donny’s team can’t “destroy the whole thing.” He’s guilty.

They’ll probably just try to talk about the Bidens for three days.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 25th, 2020 at 6:47:51 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Hahahahaha.

Donny’s team can’t “destroy the whole thing.” He’s guilty.

They’ll probably just try to talk about the Bidens for three days.

It's really quite simple, actually. Trump asked for help in investigating high level American corruption from a foreign country. Trump will say it's because he was aware of at least the allegations of this corruption. The Democrats will say he did it to help him win an election and not because he was aware of the corruption. If you made me pick which one I believed, I'd believe the Democrat story. But it IS just conjecture. Every witness, every scholar, everyone.... is just guessing. Don't you think THIS scenario is possible........??

"Rudy, I heard Sleepy Joe's son is scamming money from the Ukrainians, and got to do it because of Sleepy Joe! If I put the squeeze on Zelensky we can get them both arrested! How great would that be?"

If so.... and it is kind of believable, to me that is NOT an impeachable offense. The fact that exposing the Bidens ALSO benefits the President does not make doing so impeachable.
January 25th, 2020 at 7:16:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
It's really quite simple, actually. Trump asked for help in investigating high level American corruption from a foreign country.

B.S.

I’m not going to entertain any more gaslighting. Donny didn’t care about investigating corruption, and you know it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 25th, 2020 at 7:47:38 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
B.S.

I’m not going to entertain any more gaslighting. Donny didn’t care about investigating corruption, and you know it.

Presented with the only relevant proven fact in the whole impeachment process:

Quote: SOOPOO
Trump asked for help in investigating high level American corruption from a foreign country..

You give the answer one would expect from you. You decided President Trump was guilty of anything he could be accused of even before any evidence as presented. When flawed evidence was presented and the Democrats made a politically expedient move to disrupt the 2020 election instead of fully pursuing the facts by going to court over to compel testimony, you supported their attempt to overthrow the election.

Someone like SOOPOO finds flaws in both the President's actions and the actions of the Democrats and you call it "gaslighting."

None of that changes the other relevant facts...the Democrats did a poor job in their House impeachment process. Now they want the Senate to fix it. That is not how it works.