The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 20th, 2019 at 10:50:09 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: pew
I watched the rally in Battle Creek last night and have to say how proud and happy I am that we have such a great and glorious president in Donald John Trump. His accomplishments in three short years are too numerous to list. His love for the American people is beyond measure. His self sacrifice for the United States of America is only equaled by the likes of Washington and Lincoln. God bless our wonderful and awesome commander in chief President Donald John Trump! TRUMP 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1,000,000

You can say that again. Other than Reagan, he is the greatest president in the last 100 years. 👍
December 20th, 2019 at 12:25:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
You miss the point.... It's not about what I BELIEVE, it's about what can be PROVEN!

And I can't believe you actually typed this "(no evidence of Trump caring about corruption up to that point)". Do you actually believe that is relevant? Since this corruption is egregious and involves an ex Vice President, maybe it rose to the level of him caring? Once again, you are trying to oust a duly elected President based on him now caring about corruption while before he just wasn't on the record as making it a talking point?

It was rolled out as a defense for Trump -- that he cared about corruption in Ukraine. No evidence he cared about ALL the corruption in Ukraine until Biden became a candidate. No evidence he was interested in any other corruption in Ukraine than the Bidens. Worse yet, he had already authorized funds to Ukraine prior to this, twice, without caring about corruption.

How thick are your glasses? It's apparent you can't see things that are overwhelmingly obvious.

What say you about his changing story. That there was no quid pro quo. Then there was. Doh? Huh? Just a simple mistake? lol.

The case wouldn't be laughed out of court except by biased Republicans

People have been convicted on circumstantial evidence alone -- for instance. The murder of Scott Peterson's wife
Quote:
The media closely followed the subsequent murder trial, in which there was virtually no direct evidence, but a long string of circumstantial evidence pointing to Scott Peterson’s guilt. Such evidence included the inconsistencies in Scott’s stories, his admitted affair with Frey, the fact that he sold Laci’s car soon after she disappeared, that he had expressed an interest in selling the house right away, and a 6-inch long, dark hair found on a pair of pliers located in his boat.

People have been convicted of cruise ship murders when there are no bodies and no direct witnesses, and no direct evidence.-- true some go free, but some are convicted.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 20th, 2019 at 1:39:29 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
What? Oh come on. This makes perfect sense!

"Hey I know your country is corrupt. Can you do me a favor and investigate corruption?"

To quote Donald Trump, "How stupid are the people of Iowa America?"
December 20th, 2019 at 2:06:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tripdufan

"Hey I know your country is corrupt. Can you do me a favor and investigate corruption?"

It really boggles my mind how trump excusers really believe he wants to fight corruption in Ukraine
No doubt they would all line up at a chance to buy the Brooklyn Bridge
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 20th, 2019 at 3:07:36 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: terapined
Quote: Tripdufan

It really boggles my mind how trump excusers really believe he wants to fight corruption in Ukraine
No doubt they would all line up at a chance to buy the Brooklyn Bridge
President Donald John Trump doesn't give shit one about Ukraine or any other country ( except maybe Israel). He is totally focused on doing the right thing for the people of the United States of America. God bless president Trump and God bless America! TRUMP 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 20th, 2019 at 4:11:43 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: terapined

He wants to fight the corruption of Dem🐀🐀.
December 21st, 2019 at 12:25:49 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is interesting. It's being reported that the
Senate can send the articles of impeachment
to the Supreme Court for a ruling on whether
or not they meet the constitutional requirement
of high crimes and misdemeanors. If they do not,
and everybody knows they don't, the Supreme
Court will rule them invalid and the impeachment
will be nullified. Because Nancy Pelosi is trying to
extort the Senate into having a trial were there
are no crimes.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 21st, 2019 at 4:46:36 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/an-impeachment-role-for-the-supreme-court/

Great quote from this article LOL

Quote: article
The House Democrats are following the sophisticated jurisprudential analysis of those renowned constitutional scholars Maxine Waters, Al Green, Jerry Nadler, and Adam Schiff, as well as Speaker Nancy Pelosi (blinking back tears of anguish at the solemnity of the House proceedings), that they can impeach for anything they don’t like.
December 21st, 2019 at 5:19:38 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
This is interesting. It's being reported that the
Senate can send the articles of impeachment
to the Supreme Court for a ruling on whether
or not they meet the constitutional requirement
of high crimes and misdemeanors. If they do not,
and everybody knows they don't, the Supreme
Court will rule them invalid and the impeachment
will be nullified. Because Nancy Pelosi is trying to
extort the Senate into having a trial were there
are no crimes.

lol.... so desperate.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 21st, 2019 at 5:43:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Legislators may work on legislation but more likely

https://history.house.gov/People/Appointed-Officials/Legislative-Counsel/

The Office of Legislative Counsel provides nonpartisan and impartial technical advice to Members and committees in the drafting of bills, resolutions, and amendments at all stages of the legislative process. The office also assists House committees and conference committees—which settle differences between conflicting versions of bills passed by the House and Senate—draft reports and explanatory statements.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?