The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 19th, 2019 at 1:20:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Agree. Still NOT a reason for removal via impeachment.

Never said it was. So obviously you're a person who would put up with someone forever as long as they didn't quite cross a line. If your spouse got 10,000 traffic tickets a year, you'd just keep paying them as a minor offense declaring, not a big enough offense to get rid of her?

Just a hypothetical.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 19th, 2019 at 1:23:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
I guess those on the left forgot about Dingle's nasty tweets aimed at President Trump.

BREAKING: Dingle first human to ever accomplish tweets from beyond the grave.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 19th, 2019 at 2:19:56 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
BREAKING: Dingle first human to ever accomplish tweets from beyond the grave.

Duh, the ones that he sent before he died.
Let's go Brandon
December 19th, 2019 at 4:20:15 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Never said it was. So obviously you're a person who would put up with someone forever as long as they didn't quite cross a line. If your spouse got 10,000 traffic tickets a year, you'd just keep paying them as a minor offense declaring, not a big enough offense to get rid of her?

Just a hypothetical.

LOL!!!!!! My ex wife did get a gazillion tickets and accidents! My new wife is a ridiculously safe driver. I never thought about getting divorced because of traffic concerns, even though they were costly!

But my point is that impeachment, as Pelosi said, should be clear, and bipartisan. It's not clear to EVERY Republican and SOME Democrat lawmakers. It's not bipartisan at any level. The fact that Democrat leadership is worried he may get re-elected shows me they are not convinced that they have convinced the American people that he has done enough wrong to not re-elect him, let alone remove him by impeachment. His idiotic comment about the dead Congressman is an example of his character. Once again...a reason to vote him out, not a reason to impeach him. Impeachment and removal nullifies the previous election. I need A LOT more to justify that.
December 19th, 2019 at 4:22:11 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
LOL!!!!!! My ex wife did get a gazillion tickets and accidents! My new wife is a ridiculously safe driver. I never thought about getting divorced because of traffic concerns, even though they were costly!

But my point is that impeachment, as Pelosi said, should be clear, and bipartisan. It's not clear to EVERY Republican and SOME Democrat lawmakers. It's not bipartisan at any level. The fact that Democrat leadership is worried he may get re-elected shows me they are not convinced that they have convinced the American people that he has done enough wrong to not re-elect him, let alone remove him by impeachment. His idiotic comment about the dead Congressman is an example of his character. Once again...a reason to vote him out, not a reason to impeach him. Impeachment and removal nullifies the previous election. I need A LOT more to justify that.

Forget about Trump for a second.

Do you think withholding military aid appropriated by Congress to an ally at war for your own personal gain is an impeachable offense?

Yes or No
December 19th, 2019 at 5:21:02 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Tripdufan

Do you think withholding military aid appropriated by Congress to an ally at war for your own personal gain is an impeachable offense?

Yes or No

Ahhhhhh, I got a secret for you, the aid was delivered.

Do you think withholding military aid appropriated the delivery of the articles of impeachment approved by Congress to an ally at war the senate for your own personal gain is an impeachable offense?

Yes or no
Let's go Brandon
December 19th, 2019 at 6:03:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Well, if anything lawful has to be bipartisan, they'll likely be several future supreme court decisions we can ignore.

(FS - the aid was delivered after Trump became aware of the whistle blower report)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 19th, 2019 at 6:34:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Tripdufan

Yes or No

Yes. Show me one iota of PROOF that is what happened!

Forget the names..... The President became aware that a powerful American citizen was likely involved in corruption in a foreign country. The President perceived that the leader of that foreign country could provide evidence of this corruption. It is the President's DUTY to find out the facts. Should he ignore the information he has? He had information, or at least thought he did, that Ukraine was involved in election interference. Should he not act on that? Some have said he should have used the FBI/CIA or other official agency. Trump as the boss can so it his way, the agencies work at his direction, not the other way!

You all are focused on the fact that the corrupt family, and make no mistake that Hunter Biden got the million dollar job because of his father, was the Bidens. If Trump would gain personally, which is dubious at best, it is SECONDARY to the FACT that corruption would have been exposed.

You all say Trump did not care about corruption...... So you are going to impeach him using your mind reading skills?

If you think about it, I would say MOST of the Democrats voted for impeachment for their own personal gain! They know that they would be ostracized from their party, not get good committee appointments, not be supported by the national party for re-election..... If you let me put a lie detector on each member of the House, probably half (both Dem and Repub) truly believe in their vote for or against impeachment, and half probably ARE VOTING FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL GAIN.

Let me ask you this..... When President Buttigieg finds out that there is evidence Trump got hotels built in Estonia due to pressure he applied, should he start an investigation or ignore it because he might be a Buttigieg foe in 2024?

Once again..... if you are so sure the evidence is solid, just that the Republican Senate will be obstinate, why are you afraid that the American people will be as well?
December 19th, 2019 at 6:40:29 PM permalink
SOOPOO

Do you think withholding military aid appropriated the delivery of the articles of impeachment approved by Congress to an ally at war the senate for your own personal gain is an impeachable offense?

Yes or no

This is one of my favorite posts! The entire Democrat run impeachment process NEVER was about removing Trump as President via impeachment, it was all about beating him in the next election. I believe it was a misguided attempt, and will backfire. My wife, who HATES Trump, said upon hearing that the Dems are delaying sending the articles to the Senate..... "THAT'S BULLSHIT!" "Why did they waste millions of dollars and weeks of time on a show?"
December 19th, 2019 at 6:52:06 PM permalink
rxwine

Yes or no

This is one of my favorite posts! The entire Democrat run impeachment process NEVER was about removing Trump as President via impeachment, it was all about beating him in the next election. I believe it was a misguided attempt, and will backfire. My wife, who HATES Trump, said upon hearing that the Dems are delaying sending the articles to the Senate..... "THAT'S BULLSHIT!" "Why did they waste millions of dollars and weeks of time on a show?"

No bribe or foreign country involved. It hardly meets any standard of bad behavior much less illegality.