The Trump Impeachment Thread

November 14th, 2019 at 11:20:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tripdufan
You know how to avoid a perjury trap? Tell the truth.
Pretty simple.

LOLOLO! If you think that's true, you
know zero about how perjury traps
work.

Mark Dice nailed what happened
yesterday in his commentary today.
I'm the only one here who'll watch
this, I'm sure.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2019 at 11:22:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
No, it doesn't. The case is for the
prosecution is to prove guilt, the defense's
job is to make this as difficult as
possible. Any good lawyer will tell
you never to volunteer anything
to law enforcement, even if you
are 100% innocent.

In this case, all they're interested
in is setting up perjury traps. Get
people close to the president under
oath and trap them. Look how many
times in the past it's worked.

since you insist on comparing this to a normal trial, remember these guys who aren’t testifying because the accused doesn’t want them to, would normally be compelled by a court or face the result of contempt. In other words, You lose again,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2019 at 11:27:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
would normally be compelled by a court

No they wouldn't, because a crime
has yet to be named. Tell us the
impeachable crime Trump is
accused of. The point of this
hearing is to ferret out a crime,
because so far they have zilch.
We don't live in the former Soviet
Union where you can put anybody
you like on the stand and twist
it all to your advantage.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2019 at 11:30:23 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
That was enjoyable
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 14th, 2019 at 11:44:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
No they wouldn't, because a crime
has yet to be named. Tell us the
impeachable crime Trump is
accused of. The point of this
hearing is to ferret out a crime,
because so far they have zilch.
We don't live in the former Soviet
Union where you can put anybody
you like on the stand and twist
it all to your advantage.

Wrong again.

The judge can issue a subpoena for a witness to appear and testify at a hearing or deposition and to bring documents or other material to the hearing or deposition.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2019 at 11:58:24 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
LOLOLO! If you think that's true, you
know zero about how perjury traps
work.

Mark Dice nailed what happened
yesterday in his commentary today.
I'm the only one here who'll watch
this, I'm sure.

We all understand that prosecutors are good at what they do and can play games while not actually prosecuting the case and instead use tidbits of contradictory information to set the "trap". However, when you are called as a witness, you have two options. Don't answer the question OR answer the question honestly.

Exhibition A for what's wrong with America. Americans get their analysis from YouTubers who believe 9/11 was carried out by the federal government. Scumbag. Why are most right-wing "pundits" also conspiracy theorists? I'll tell you why.

Because you guys are living in a different world.
November 14th, 2019 at 12:16:11 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Any good lawyer will tell
you never to volunteer anything
to law enforcement, even if you
are 100% innocent.

That is what cracks me up about libbies. I can guarantee you that if one of the libbies was falsely accused of murder and police wanted to comb through their computer, physical records, etc., these same libbies would be fighting them tooth and nail. They would not be saying, "Oh, you can look over whatever you want, Mr. Policeman! I'll voluntarily give you anything your heart desires!" lol 😂😂
November 14th, 2019 at 12:27:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64
Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury to a grand jury, and obstruction of justice, not for any of his actions that led to the convening of the grand jury.

He was not impeached for the Whitewater controversy, the firing of white house travel agents, abuse of fbi files, or getting a blowjob from a subordinate.

He was impeach for lying about it and covering it up.

For the things he was impeached for, he should have been convicted in the senate.

I agree
I was pretty furious with all his lying
reminds me of that liar we have in the WH now
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2019 at 12:27:35 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Okay, so let me ask you. What was his motive in asking Ukraine to do this? A noble effort to stamp out corruption? That seems to be what your position is but I just want to clarify before we move on. Withholding aid appropriated by Congress in exchange for a personal political favor is a clear abuse of power and is DEFINITELY an impeachable offense. But you firmly believe that this was not an impeachable offense.

So...what was the motive then?

Well Trip, I'm not a mind reader......... But MOST LIKELY DJT just hated that Biden got HIS son a do nothing 7 figure job! And more than likely wanted it exposed for political, not noble, reasons. But just because one hates Trump one cannot read his mind and deny the possibility that the reason was valid. Once again, you are saying a 'personal political favor' where it could be interpreted differently. He would say he was trying to root out corruption. I am sure Presidents use leverage all the time in foreign affairs.

How come no one ever responds to this point...... He only asked to uncover EVIDENCE, never asked to FABRICATE EVIDENCE on the evil Bidens. To me, that is enough to make it a NON IMPEACHABLE event.
November 14th, 2019 at 12:44:07 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Well Trip, I'm not a mind reader......... But MOST LIKELY DJT just hated that Biden got HIS son a do nothing 7 figure job! And more than likely wanted it exposed for political, not noble, reasons. But just because one hates Trump one cannot read his mind and deny the possibility that the reason was valid. Once again, you are saying a 'personal political favor' where it could be interpreted differently. He would say he was trying to root out corruption. I am sure Presidents use leverage all the time in foreign affairs.

How come no one ever responds to this point...... He only asked to uncover EVIDENCE, never asked to FABRICATE EVIDENCE on the evil Bidens. To me, that is enough to make it a NON IMPEACHABLE event.

But you're leaving out the part of withholding aid that was appropriated by Congress.

Let's do something here. Let's assume that Trump's motives were pure; he wanted to stamp out corruption in the Ukraine. There are three things that he could've and should've done, IF, this was his motive.

For starters, we have an ENTIRE State Department bureau, the Vureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL), that is focused on law enforcement efforts overseas, including investigating corruption. Trump has requested LESS money for INL in FY20 than in FY19. Is this the action of a president who wants to fight corruption overseas? Cut the budget at the State department that does this? (At the same time, bringing 1 trillion dollar deficits back into fashion?)

Trump did not contact the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine who could've assisted in information gathering in conjunction with INL and DOJ personnel. He didn't do this either. What's ironic about this is that Republicans are saying "see, Bill Taylor didn't have direct contact with Trump so he couldn't of known." But that is the problem! If Trump wanted to root out corruption, this would've been one of the first people to contact!

We have a formal process for this that is dictated by the MLAT treaties we have with countries like Ukraine. If there was an actual US government investigation into American activities in Ukraine, a request for cooperation could have been made through a formal process run by DOJ's Office of Internation Affairs. Once the DOJ vets the request, it couldl be passed onto the central authority in that foreign country. If granted in that country, it would allow the DOJ obtain documents, locate people, take testimony, request searches and seizures, freeze assets, etc.. Trump did none of this!

Add it all up. Add what he could've done IF he was truly wanting to make a difference and root out corruption, with what actually took place, and the picture COULD NOT BE CLEARER. Sprinkle on top the fact that he is blocking officials with the first-hand knowledge? Geez. It's a "witch hunt". It's a "hoax". Well, if that is true, WHY NOT EXPOSE IT?

He did this for political gain. He withheld money that was was appropriated by Congress, which is set forth in the US Consititution, for his own political gain. This is an abuse of power and an impeachable offense. It's not even close.