The Trump Impeachment Thread

November 14th, 2019 at 12:45:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

How come no one ever responds to this point...... He only asked to uncover EVIDENCE, never asked to FABRICATE EVIDENCE on the evil Bidens. To me, that is enough to make it a NON IMPEACHABLE event.

No one asks why after 3 years he doesn't know how to do everything he does through proper channels and procedures. If he doesn't know, why doesn't he find out?

I still say there's only 2 requirements to avoid impeachment that even the average intellect could follow. Follow the law, and consult your experts if you don't understand.

If you decide to do otherwise, take your punishment.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2019 at 1:03:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

The judge can issue a subpoena for a witness to appear and testify at a hearing or deposition and to bring documents or other material to the hearing or deposition.

When no crime has been named? Think
again. That's exactly what a judge CAN'T
do. It's what the old Soviet Union was
famous for, fishing expeditions in search
of a crime.

I forget, what crime has Trump been charged
with. Refresh my memory. (hint: beating Hillary
is not a crime)
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2019 at 1:12:47 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
No one asks why after 3 years he doesn't know how to do everything he does through proper channels and procedures. If he doesn't know, why doesn't he find out?

I still say there's only 2 requirements to avoid impeachment that even the average intellect could follow. Follow the law, and consult your experts if you don't understand.

If you decide to do otherwise, take your punishment.

Geez, Rx.... Because maybe as the BOSS he felt like HE was best suited to accomplish the task! He might not agree with what 'proper channels and procedures' are with you. Perhaps he felt his underlings talking to Ukrainian underlings would get nothing done?

You, and most Dems, want him impeached, and it does NOT MATTER if there is evidence worthy of such. Stormy, collusion, Putin, Ukraine, Islamaphobia, anti semitism, Trump U, Trump charity, you can add more..... ALL VALID reasons to vote him out. NONE valid reasons to impeach him.
November 14th, 2019 at 1:29:52 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Geez, Rx.... Because maybe as the BOSS he felt like HE was best suited to accomplish the task! He might not agree with what 'proper channels and procedures' are with you. Perhaps he felt his underlings talking to Ukrainian underlings would get nothing done?

You, and most Dems, want him impeached, and it does NOT MATTER if there is evidence worthy of such. Stormy, collusion, Putin, Ukraine, Islamaphobia, anti semitism, Trump U, Trump charity, you can add more..... ALL VALID reasons to vote him out. NONE valid reasons to impeach him.

The Ambassador removed was known for fighting corruption and just legit corruption. If Trump was fighting corruption, he would have kept her. He didn't because he was not fighting corruption, he was looking for the Ukraine to interfere in our elections by smearing his political opponent
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2019 at 1:32:29 PM permalink
rxwine

I would impeach my own family for the same things.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2019 at 2:01:25 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I would impeach my own family for the same things.

I would have demanded Obama be impeached for the same things
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2019 at 2:35:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tripdufan
when you are called as a witness, you have two options. Don't answer the question OR answer the question honestly.

If only it was that simple. All the
time witnesses get tripped up by
expert examiners, they get tricked
into making contradictory statements.
Or other things are uncovered that
have nothing to do with why they
were called in.

Saying 'what do have to hide', as y'all
are saying, is the same line they used
in fascist countries. If you're innocent,
have nothing to hide, what do you have
to worry about. In fact you have just about
everything to worry about.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2019 at 4:00:21 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Tripdufan
But you're leaving out the part of withholding aid that was appropriated by Congress.

My personal summary - he abused the power of his office for personal and political gain.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 14th, 2019 at 4:06:26 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
U.S. envoy Sondland did not link Biden probe to aid: Ukraine minister
Quote:
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko said on Thursday that U.S. ambassador Gordon Sondland did not explicitly link military aid to Kiev with opening an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Interfax Ukraine reported.

The president, not diplomats, sets 'official foreign policy'
Quote:
There’s an important revelation from the first day of impeachment hearings that I haven’t heard discussed. It has to do with the witnesses’ strange notion of how foreign policy works.

Under the U.S. Constitution, it is the president of the United States who determines foreign policy. How can President Trump be “at odds with foreign policy” when he’s the one who determines it?
Let's go Brandon
November 14th, 2019 at 4:26:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Now a female staffer sitting at the same table says she heard the Sondland call.