2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 2nd, 2020 at 11:06:44 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
That is a total loser post, as often happens with you. Your posts have deteriorated so much recently, and I am not sure why? If you disagree with my interpretation that the 1st Amendment guarantees you the right to speak freely, but not wherever you want, tell me YOUR interpretation. Not the absolutely childish response of "look it up". In actuality, the interpretation of the 1st Amendment can itself be an entire academic class. But your pathetic answer is 'look up the text'.

OMG, this is my lucky day!! SOOPOO is on roll man!!!

This is what just happened to the libbie!! 🤣🤣🤣

June 2nd, 2020 at 11:14:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Stay in the White House...get criticized.

Leave the White House...get criticized.

People have to clear out the way when their is Presidential movement all the time. If you live in or around DC, you see it and get held up by it. I haven't been watching the news all day today, but did anyone ask if the protesters were ordered to move back and did not do so?

NOPE
Have you ever lived in DC??????????
I lived near DC and spent a lot of time in DC
People are allowed to protest in Lafayette Park, across the street from the WH 24/7 365
This area is watched very closely. You go there at 4am any day, the protesters are awake. They are not allowed to "camp". They have to be awake when the police check. That's the only major rule. As long as they stay awake and they do because they do rotating shifts. They are allowed to protest 24/7 365
I've talked to those protestors
This is a permanent protest of various causes that have been there for decades.
Multiple Presidents have moved plenty without infringing on the rights of protesters in Lafayette Park
Its a constitutional right
It disgusts me theses people were teared gassed
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:31:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
That is a total loser post, as often happens with you. Your posts have deteriorated so much recently, and I am not sure why? If you disagree with my interpretation that the 1st Amendment guarantees you the right to speak freely, but not wherever you want, tell me YOUR interpretation. Not the absolutely childish response of "look it up". In actuality, the interpretation of the 1st Amendment can itself be an entire academic class. But your pathetic answer is 'look up the text'.

So if you want a conversation about an issue, please address the issue. I'll listen if you want to present a different interpretation of the 1st Amendment.

Someone needs to eat a Snickers bar. You’re a little grumpy today.

What I was getting at was the whole peaceful assembly part that you seem to have forgotten.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:40:53 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
NOPE
Have you ever lived in DC??????????
I lived near DC and spent a lot of time in DC
People are allowed to protest in Lafayette Park, across the street from the WH 24/7 365
This area is watched very closely. You go there at 4am any day, the protesters are awake. They are not allowed to "camp". They have to be awake when the police check. That's the only major rule. As long as they stay awake and they do because they do rotating shifts. They are allowed to protest 24/7 365
I've talked to those protestors
This is a permanent protest of various causes that have been there for decades.
Multiple Presidents have moved plenty without infringing on the rights of protesters in Lafayette Park
Its a constitutional right
It disgusts me theses people were teared gassed

Wrong. The area has been at least partially closed to the public at least in 2013 and 2017 (and likely more often than that) for months in support of the inauguration.

You have the right to protest; not the unlimited right to protest wherever and whenever you want.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

The amendment does mean that you can protest anywhere that you want--there are all kinds of rules on protests that have been found not to violate the amendment.

You can be as disgusted as you want, but the movement of the Chief Executive causes all kinds of disruptions. They were asked to move three times. They thought they had the right to protest anywhere they wanted. They did not.
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:41:15 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Someone needs to eat a Snickers bar. You’re a little grumpy today.

What I was getting at was the whole peaceful assembly part that you seem to have forgotten.

NO! No! They're right. A situation that has rocked the nation for a week now, is best handled by a president having protestors gassed, pushed out of the way, and shot rubber bullets at so he can stand in front of the Church in front of THE PEOPLE'S HOUSE and have a photo op!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <- is that enough explanation points?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:44:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
"explanation points" is pretty funny actually.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2020 at 12:03:27 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
You can be as disgusted as you want, but the movement of the Chief Executive causes all kinds of disruptions. They were asked to move three times. They thought they had the right to protest anywhere they wanted. They did not.

Ah yes, the famous “three times” clause we’ve all forgotten about.

Honestly, I find the fact that our more “moderate” righties are going out of their way to defend Donny’s dumb photo op to be disgusting.
June 2nd, 2020 at 12:17:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
You do realize what humoring his posts is becoming do you not?

I've been trying to tell him but
he has a very slow understanding
curve for a doctor..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2020 at 12:27:42 PM permalink
ams288
Ugh, I get uncomfortable on those rare occurrences when a GOP senator actually shows signs of having a spine.

Apparently he missed the memo that your 1A rights become null and void if someone asks you to move three times.
June 2nd, 2020 at 12:37:03 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288

Honestly, I find the fact that our more “moderate” righties are going out of their way to defend Donny’s dumb photo op to be disgusting.

Being a "moderate" in June of 2020 is spineless and weak. If you haven't seen enough at this point...