No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 15th, 2020 at 7:08:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Quote: fleaswatter

lol if the GOP considers this winning it shows just how soulless they have become. Hopefully the party will be eradicated sooner than later.

Who cheers for family separation? Even in hardened criminal cases in the US, no one cheers that the kids have to be separated from their parents when their parents go to prison. Not the prosecutors, not the judges. No one.

Obviously I'm not talking about child abuse, but that's just a doubly sad situation, nothing to cheer about.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 15th, 2020 at 7:12:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Who cheers for family separation? Even in hardened criminal cases in the US, no one cheers that the kids have to be separated from their parents when their parents go to prison. Not the prosecutors, not the judges. No one.

fleaswatter does, apparently.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 15th, 2020 at 7:19:25 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Thank god! It blows me away that libbies pretend to love science, yet NONE of them have explained how biological men can change their biology and become biological women. I challenge any libbie to scientifically explain how that's possible although I'm not holding my breath lol. 😂

Totally agree. Isn't it curious that libbies never complain that Roger Stone is being separated from his family?? Hmm................. 🤔
January 15th, 2020 at 7:42:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Totally agree. Isn't it curious that libbies never complain that Roger Stone is being separated from his family?? Hmm................. 🤔

Oh my god, I love it when you actually try to make a substantive point instead of just trolling and fall flat on your face like this. Just priceless.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 15th, 2020 at 8:55:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I actually tried to watch the signing of the China/USA agreement. Trump was determined to introduce everyone in the room with a small speech about each of them. Went on way too long. Maybe he was trying to get the Chinese negotiators to hang themselves out of extreme boredom.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2020 at 3:37:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Obviously I'm not talking about child abuse, but that's just a doubly sad situation, nothing to cheer about.

I don't see anyone "cheering for it." Just that it is a necessary policy, and was from when Obama started it. Border jumping is a crime, not a family vacation. If they had shoplifted Wal Mart together they would be separated. Just common sense.
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2020 at 5:05:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I actually tried to watch the signing of the China/USA agreement. Trump was determined to introduce everyone in the room with a small speech about each of them. Went on way too long. Maybe he was trying to get the Chinese negotiators to hang themselves out of extreme boredom.

I watched almost all of it. It WAS agony! There was a younger attractive female CEO he mentioned during his CEO thank you portion of his speech. Of course he mentioned how young she looked! It was cringeworthy! But not as bad as complimenting someone who said Trump was among the best Presidents ever. Trump giggled when mentioning he is better than Washington and Lincoln.

On a substantive note, Trump did give props to a bunch of American companies that are doing well under his administration, and even said encouraging things to those that have not done as well (GE is an example). Apparently, the agreement has no real teeth to it, and if China does not live up to its side Trump can re-establish some tariffs. But that overall this will be good for American companies, especially food producers, that want to export their products to the billion plus people of China.

Not a bad week for Trump.... new NAFTA deal, China deal, #1 terrorist in the world taken out.......
What will the Democrat response be? Lev Parnas! Lev Parnas! Lev Parnas!
January 16th, 2020 at 5:11:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
I watched almost all of it. It WAS agony! There was a younger attractive female CEO he mentioned during his CEO thank you portion of his speech. Of course he mentioned how young she looked! It was cringeworthy! But not as bad as complimenting someone who said Trump was among the best Presidents ever. Trump giggled when mentioning he is better than Washington and Lincoln.

I don't see how that would be "cringeworthy" unless there was some creepy intent. It is generally a compliment to be told you look younger than you are. Or if you are young to be told you sound older than you are. I've been told the later more than once and take it as a compliment in most cases, it means you are coming off wiser than your age. To say you look young is a compliment, means you are taking care of yourself.
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2020 at 5:29:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
I don't see how that would be "cringeworthy" unless there was some creepy intent. It is generally a compliment to be told you look younger than you are. Or if you are young to be told you sound older than you are. I've been told the later more than once and take it as a compliment in most cases, it means you are coming off wiser than your age. To say you look young is a compliment, means you are taking care of yourself.

You are there because you have risen to the top of your profession by being a CEO of a major company. Everyone is being complimented on the great job they have done for their company. Except the ONE attractive young woman. She is complimented because she is young and attractive.

I guess you and I have to disagree on what is cringeworthy.....
January 16th, 2020 at 5:43:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
You are there because you have risen to the top of your profession by being a CEO of a major company. Everyone is being complimented on the great job they have done for their company. Except the ONE attractive young woman. She is complimented because she is young and attractive.

I guess you and I have to disagree on what is cringeworthy.....

Everyone there was some kind of CEO, so you would not really compliment someone there. Even if the others did, so what? Trump was simply avoiding repeating himself. When I was first in management I was 27 and made it by a very selective process and grueling 2 year program. More than a few people mentioned how young I was for such a gig. I always took it as a compliment, me a "26 year old kid running an 8 truck, 15 employee operation."

A truths of life to add.

Women that get upset at that compliment are probably too unattractive to get that compliment.

Seriously, why are you upset he gave a compliment?
The President is a fink.