2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 17th, 2020 at 10:08:58 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Seems most everyone is doing the same thing. Using a real criminal trial as a comparison when it suits them and ignoring it when it doesn't. From what I heard, evidence can be brought it at any time in a regular trial until the final moment.

It is a comparison to something it is not truly comparable to, of course, but most of us tend to make it anyway. We probably shouldn't do that...

I don't think the poor work of the House precludes the Senate doing better work; I just think it makes the House look bad in comparison. When people who did a bad job say someone else should do a better job, it makes you wonder just why the heck they did not do a better job themselves.
January 17th, 2020 at 10:32:55 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
I don't like the President's behavior

I absolutely LOVE Trumps's
behavior because it triggers
the Dems into insanity. I
wish he'd ramp it up at his
rally's and tweets. It's glorious.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 17th, 2020 at 10:41:25 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
I find it interesting that the Democrats in Congress, instead of presenting a great case for impeachment after a solid process and the proper use of the courts, now want the Senate to do a better job than they did. They presented a partisan impeachment, now they want a fair trial.

The House decided to move quickly rather than have the process drag through the courts which can take months, putting us squarely in the middle of an election. Is this what conservatives wanted? A process that drags out through the entire campaign? It sounds like the opposite of what they've been clamoring for, a fast acquittal and resolution.

I personally would've liked to see them go through the process for the fact witnesses. Of course, if I was Donald Trump, and the call was perfect, and I had done nothing wrong, I would be pushing to have my fact witnesses expose the democrats for pursuing yet another "hoax". The fact that he is hiding documents and preventing testimony speaks volumes.
January 17th, 2020 at 10:58:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Tripdufan
The House decided to move quickly rather than have the process drag .

HUH? It took them a MONTH
to walk the documents to
the other chamber in the same
building! You call that 'quickly'?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 17th, 2020 at 11:02:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
to walk the documents to

Pretty pathetic considering the offense Is Democrats don’t like him.
The President is a fink.
January 17th, 2020 at 1:07:16 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
to walk the documents to

You know I was specifically referring to the inquiry, but whatever.

Without Pelosi's delay, we might not have been able to see the Parnas evidence dump we saw this week.

Of course, there's nothing there, right? Just our ambassador being stalked. No biggie. Nothing to see here. It's all good. Biz as usual.
January 17th, 2020 at 1:26:54 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
You know I was specifically referring to the inquiry, but whatever.

Without Pelosi's delay, we might not have been able to see the Parnas evidence dump we saw this week.

Of course, there's nothing there, right? Just our ambassador being stalked. No biggie. Nothing to see here. It's all good. Biz as usual.

I am betting that we would have seen it with the same impeccable timing as it came out this week had Nancy Pelosi sent the documents over immediately. This was an event that was going to happen at this point in the process no matter when we got there.
January 17th, 2020 at 1:35:48 PM permalink
Evenbob

You do realize Parnas is a big
nothing burger, right? Rush
even predicted way back on
Nov 11th that they were
holding back Parnas until
the last minute. That was
over 2 months ago, I just
saw the clip from that show.
Rush is amazing.

Parnas is the guy who claimed
Devon Nunes visited Vienna and
met with Shokin, which Nunes
totally denies. Shokin says he
it didn't happen and he doesn't
know who Nunes is.
Parnas is just another congenital
liar, his testimony is useless.

Devin Nunes Suing CNN: "I Wasn't In Vienna, I Never Met With Shokin"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/12/08/devin_nunes_suing_cnn_i_wasnt_in_vienna_i_never_met_with_shokin.html
January 17th, 2020 at 2:16:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
You do realize Parnas is a big
nothing burger, right? "

Don't get too fat trying to eat it then. Nunes has already been caught trying to hide what he has been doing more than once. Parnus has phone records. Probably reveals all the lies about people not contacting him or knowing him. Not by him, but by all the goober GOPers.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2020 at 2:26:16 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Parnas is just another congenital
liar, his testimony is useless.

The president of the United States was conducting secret diplomacy in one of the most sensitive and volatile regions of the world (Ukraine) by relying on a congenital liar named Lev Parnas. Out of all the people on the planet that the President could have picked for this extremely important, sensitive mission, the President picked a congenital liar... Lev Parnas.

Why does the President keep relying on unprofessional goons like Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman, and Michael Cohen? All of these men are obviously extremely untrustworthy.

The President keeps doing this over and over. It reminds me of this NSFW dirty joke.