2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 10th, 2020 at 5:53:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
Saying he’s going to be right and that he hopes he’s right are two extremely different things.

Let’s assume I don’t want to die.

A. I know I’m right that I will eventually die.

B. I hope I eventually die.

Statement A is different than Statement B. (Statement B is nonsensical, anyway, because I don’t have to hope for something I know will happen—-so ignore that aspect for this example) Statement A just points out that which the speaker seems factual.

Suppose a person did something bad at work, but doesn’t want to lose his job:

A. I know I’m going to get fired for this. I can’t believe you don’t think so, you’re going to look really silly when I’m right.

B. I hope they fire me.

Nice strawman accusatory paragraph, though.

Let me try it another way. I call it the lie detector test. I believe that the great majority of Democrat politicians would push a 'recession' button if they could, so long as the recession was a 'Trump recession'. I now believe that given the choice of no successful terrorist attack 'attributed' to Trump and one that can be blamed on him, the lie detector would show they want one. Trump hate 'trumps' country love for the majority of Democrats. Of course I can't prove it. Unless you give me the lie detector......
January 10th, 2020 at 6:52:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I now believe that given the choice of no successful terrorist attack 'attributed' to Trump and one that can be blamed on him, the lie detector would show they want one.

Absolute nonsense.

Most likely projection as well.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 10th, 2020 at 7:43:23 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
That's some real Trumper logic there. One is not allowed to disagree with Trump without being anti-American.

Here's another Trumper who said something similar yesterday.

Easy way to solve this. Just state on the forum you would sooner see Trump right and the Iranian crisis diffused than be right and have more attacks.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 10th, 2020 at 8:05:11 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
January 10th, 2020 at 8:59:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: kenarman
Easy way to solve this. Just state on the forum you would sooner see Trump right and the Iranian crisis diffused than be right and have more attacks.

Kenarman is trolling.

And this is the outline of his troll.

1. Accuse me of something I didn't say or claim.
2. Say I have an obligation to answer for something I never claimed. No one has to answer for something they didn't claim.
3. Since the goal is to actually force me to do something. If I don't answer him he will claim what he claims must be true.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2020 at 9:08:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Btw, I'm not asking for him to be banned for trolling.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2020 at 9:49:22 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Btw, I'm not asking for you to be banned for insulting Kenarman by inferring that he is a troll.
Let's go Brandon
January 10th, 2020 at 10:12:33 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Face
How about another? Next comes the test of faith. There will be no discussion, no debate. Next, those who are against this will be branded as weak, cowards, or unpatriotic. No substance, no purpose, just bulls@#$.

Prescience: n - the act of knowing something before it takes place; foreknowledge.

It's almost like the GOP has a bad faith playbook they've not deviated from in 50yrs that's public knowledge to anyone paying attention.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 10th, 2020 at 10:33:19 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-says-it-is-willing-to-share-jets-black-boxes-denies-hostile-act-11578653983

We'll see who gets to look at the black boxes?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 10th, 2020 at 11:03:52 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Kenarman is trolling.

And this is the outline of his troll.

1. Accuse me of something I didn't say or claim.
2. Say I have an obligation to answer for something I never claimed. No one has to answer for something they didn't claim.
3. Since the goal is to actually force me to do something. If I don't answer him he will claim what he claims must be true.

You are absolutely right RX I take your refusal to answer a simple yes/no question on whether or not you want more terrorist attacks as proof of my assertion.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin