2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 8th, 2020 at 2:02:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
Utah Republican Senator Mike Lee calls the briefing on the drone strike that killed Iranian General Qasem Soleimani "the worst briefing" he's seen on a military issue during his nine years in the Senate. He also says it's "insulting" for administration officials to tell senators that they cannot debate War Powers legislation because it would embolden Iran. Senator Lee says he will now support a resolution proposed by Virginia Democratic Senator Tim Kaine. "It is not acceptable for officials within the executive branch of government…to come in and tell us that we can't debate and discuss the appropriateness of military intervention against Iran. It's un-American. It's unconstitutional and it's wrong," Senator Lee says.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4844034/senator-mike-lee-calls-iran-briefing-the-worst-years-senate
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 8th, 2020 at 2:04:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
More evidence Marco Rubio is a spineless cretin:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 8th, 2020 at 2:41:06 PM permalink
rxwine
I don't know Lee, but Rand Paul is pretty unlikely to let any sketchy excuses for armed conflict slide without speaking up.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 9th, 2020 at 10:55:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Limbaugh is nailing it today. Trump wants results not process. It so sums up things. People in politics and really those in legislative areas love process. Live process. Trump doesn’t have time for nonsense process. He comes from the real world. You don’t tell your banker “well we are not running yet but we have a bunch of meetings set.”

Meanwhile he again reminded the press how Obama gave Iran a pallet of cash that helped buy the missiles they are launching. The left can’t handle a gop potus who stands up for himself.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2020 at 11:28:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Limbaugh is nailing it today.

The media is melting down that
there will be no WWIII. They are
sooooo disappointed, Trump has
failed them yet again. Iran did
a face saving symbolic strike, they
even told our military it was coming
hours in advance. So Trump knew
it was coming and how he would
react. All that wasted time on CNN/MS
predicting the end of the world.
All the movie stars going to Canada,
now they have to stay. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 9th, 2020 at 11:36:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
The media is melting down that
there will be no WWIII. They are
sooooo disappointed, Trump has
failed them yet again. Iran did
a face saving symbolic strike, they
even told our military it was coming
hours in advance. So Trump knew
it was coming and how he would
react. All that wasted time on CNN/MS
predicting the end of the world.
All the movie stars going to Canada,
now they have to stay. LOL

Lucky Canada.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2020 at 11:38:09 AM permalink
rxwine
If you believe this will have a positive effect, you’d believe anything.
January 9th, 2020 at 11:42:57 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
If you believe this will have a positive effect, you’d believe anything.

I'd say we either knew it was coming or Iran is extremely bad at attacking people. In either case, kind of makes full-scale war a little less of a concern.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 9th, 2020 at 12:03:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
I'd say we either knew it was coming or Iran is extremely bad at attacking people. In either case, kind of makes full-scale war a little less of a concern.

If the Iranians aren’t already plotting to conduct another terrorist attack because of this, then I’m a lousy judge of human nature. Will they try to disguise the source? Surely.
January 9th, 2020 at 12:18:49 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
If the Iranians aren’t already plotting to conduct another terrorist attack because of this, then I’m a lousy judge of human nature. Will they try to disguise the source? Surely.

Maybe, I don't know. You could fit everything that I know about foreign affairs into a thimble, and if thimbles were sufficiently voluminous, then tempests wouldn't need entire teapots. In any case, I think a terrorist attack with anything shy of absolute ties to Iran would be insufficient to result in full scale war.

Like two little boys wrestling, then one boy grabs the other just a little bit hard such that it's out of bounds according to the second. The second little boy busts him one in the face, but then clearly stops. "Whatcha do that for?" demands the first boy hitting him back...then they either agree to calm it down or have an all out fight. Looks like the boys have agreed to calm it down. Let's hope it stays that way.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman