In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 22nd, 2021 at 7:34:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Unless they can connect Biden to Hunter other than being his son, there's nothing there but an adult son doing as he wishes despite what his Dad said. Hunter is free to get as many China jobs or investments as he can, whether it looks bad for his dad or not.

So I guess Biden's false statement about what would happen if he was elected President doesn't matter at all?

It is amazing that everyone thought a lie or false statement was just that a few months ago, but now they just don't seem to matter. Plus, there is a desire not to do anything to anyone about the Russian hoax, which Dems were convinced was the truth. I am glad Durham is at least doing a little about it.
November 22nd, 2021 at 8:22:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Quote:
"This case has nothing to do with race. It never had anything to do with race. It had to do with the right to self-defense," Rittenhouse said. "I'm not a racist person. I support the BLM movement. I support peacefully demonstrating."

Yes. This has always been about the Second Amendment and has never been about race. The reason the Libby media is so upset it's because this is now a benchmark case for defending yourself with a gun. This was a gigantic monumental win for gun rights activists like the NRA. Obviously it had nothing to do with race. And the media all weekend saying if Rittenhouse had been black he'd be spending life in prison is just stupid. The same day that Rittenhouse was acquitted a serial criminal black guy with a rap sheet as long as your arm who killed two or three people in self-defense got the same acquittal Rittenhouse got. And there are two or three other examples of black men recently who were acquitted that the media totally ignores.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 22nd, 2021 at 8:26:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Obviously it had nothing to do with race. And the media all weekend saying if Rittenhouse had been black he'd be spending life in prison is just stupid.

Agreed. He’d be dead - the cops would have shot him on sight that night.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 22nd, 2021 at 8:42:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
So I guess Biden's false statement about what would happen if he was elected President doesn't matter at all?

It is amazing that everyone thought a lie or false statement was just that a few months ago, but now they just don't seem to matter. Plus, there is a desire not to do anything to anyone about the Russian hoax, which Dems were convinced was the truth. I am glad Durham is at least doing a little about it.

It's not reasonable to expect Biden to do something like that by some sort of force which he doesn't legally have anyway over an adult son, so I hold him to good intentions even while his son failed him. Until I find reason to think otherwise that he has some connection to his son doing or not doing those things I will continue to think that way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2021 at 8:43:11 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Agreed. He’d be dead - the cops would have shot him on sight that night.

...because every black suspect is shot on sight.
November 22nd, 2021 at 9:08:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

If you wanna argue that a black guy running around shooting people with a long gun wouldn’t have been killed on sight by the police, you can try - but you will fail.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 22nd, 2021 at 9:12:47 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

According to the media that the Libby's watch, yes. The serial criminal black guy who was acquitted of the same crimes that Rittenhouse supposedly committed was acquitted on the same day was never mentioned once all weekend in the liberal media. His whole family from his grandfather down has rap sheets and jail time literally longer than your arms. And he got off. When the verdict was read, did he break down like Rittenhouse did? Hell no. He got a sarcastic little smile on his face like he just beat the system again, ready to go out and kill somebody else.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 22nd, 2021 at 10:16:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
If you wanna argue that a black guy running around shooting people with a long gun wouldn’t have been killed on sight by the police, you can try - but you will fail.

I'm not going to say 100%, but in general, I'm with AMS288 on this one.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 22nd, 2021 at 10:32:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I'm not going to say 100%, but in general, I'm with AMS288 on this one.

Probably would, but Rittenhouse was defending himself, not "running around shooting people."
The President is a fink.
November 22nd, 2021 at 10:53:52 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Probably would, but Rittenhouse was defending himself, not "running around shooting people."

Well, he shot someone, ran around and then was on the ground shooting people. I think AMS888's point is, in general, if you put a black guy in that exact spot, it's probably bye-bye.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman