In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 22nd, 2021 at 11:00:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Well, he shot someone, ran around and then was on the ground shooting people. I think AMS888's point is, in general, if you put a black guy in that exact spot, it's probably bye-bye.

He was actively defending himself. If he were black the media would be defending him to the very end and calling the DA a racist for even charging him.
The President is a fink.
November 22nd, 2021 at 11:03:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
Well, he shot someone, ran around and then was on the ground shooting people. I think AMS888's point is, in general, if you put a black guy in that exact spot, it's probably bye-bye.

Actually, the opposite is true. These days cops think twice and three times and three times more before they shoot black people. If it was the exact same scenario that the black guy was giving up, was surrendering unarmed to the police when they arrived, they would not have shot him. Shooting another unarmed black guy who's surrendering, we kind of sort of know how that turns out. Have you forgotten 'hands up don't shoot' in Ferguson, the event that never really happened? That's the last thing cops want to go through again.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 22nd, 2021 at 11:38:25 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
He was actively defending himself. If he were black the media would be defending him to the very end and calling the DA a racist for even charging him.

I didn’t know corpses could still be indicted.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 22nd, 2021 at 11:39:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Actually, the opposite is true. These days cops think twice and three times and three times more before they shoot black people. If it was the exact same scenario that the black guy was giving up, was surrendering unarmed to the police when they arrived, they would not have shot him. Shooting another unarmed black guy who's surrendering, we kind of sort of know how that turns out. Have you forgotten 'hands up don't shoot' in Ferguson, the event that never really happened? That's the last thing cops want to go through again.

Maybe in the last year. Did that kid in Cleveland actively shoot anyone with his toy gun?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 22nd, 2021 at 12:30:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
November 22nd, 2021 at 12:41:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
This not white man wasn't shot, why not?

Because the cop had bad aim?

Quote:
A police officer opened fire at the suspect but had to stop for the safety of bystanders, Thompson said

#FAIL
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 22nd, 2021 at 12:46:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Unless they can connect Biden to Hunter other than being his son, there's nothing there but an adult son doing as he wishes despite what his Dad said. Hunter is free to get as many China jobs or investments as he can, whether it looks bad for his dad or not.

If this is true why did his father (President Biden) tell such a bald faced lie?
November 22nd, 2021 at 12:59:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Who could have seen this coming, why, anybody could. Long-term studies are finding the people who use marijuana on a daily or every other day basis, their chances of having a heart attack before the age of 50 just went through the roof. So on top of what pot does to the brain, memory loss, depression, you name it, now they get to deal with heart attacks. Doctors are worried that more and more States are legalizing pot and it's going to overwhelm the Healthcare System. This could finally explain why my oldest friend from high school who has smoke dope every day of his life since tenth grade had a heart attack when he was 42. And it doesn't run in his family his father died at 85, he has four brothers and none of them have had heart attacks. The dope smokers will laughing laugh because the dope has so addled their brains, so addled their ability to think clearly, they will just brush this off. And think they are geniuses for doing it.

But that's why they call it dope, cuz it makes you dopey. Dope comes from a Dutch word that means thick, as in thick-headed. It became slang in the 19th century for addictive drugs because they made people thick headed and stupid. Dope became slang for a stupid person, and the drugs were called dope because they made people act stupidly. Times haven't changed at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:03:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Who could have seen this coming, why, anybody could. Long-term studies are finding the people who use marijuana on a daily or every other day basis, their chances of having a heart attack before the age of 50 just went through the roof. So on top of what pot does to the brain, memory loss, depression, you name it, now they get to deal with heart attacks. Doctors are worried that more and more States are legalizing pot and it's going to overwhelm the Healthcare System. This could finally explain why my oldest friend from high school who has smoke dope every day of his life since tenth grade had a heart attack when he was 42. And it doesn't run in his family his father died at 85, he has four brothers and none of them have had heart attacks. The dope smokers will laughing laugh because the dope has so addled their brains, so addled their ability to think clearly, they will just brush this off. And think they are geniuses for doing it.

But that's why they call it dope, cuz it makes you dopey. Dope comes from a Dutch word that means thick, as in thick-headed. It became slang in the 19th century for addictive drugs because they made people thick headed and stupid. Dope became slang for a stupid person, and the drugs were called dope because they made people act stupidly. Times haven't changed at all.

I will keep saying it, when you alter the way anything from the way it is supposed to work you cause issues. You crank a car up on its rear suspension you put more pressure on the front and it will not handle right. You put a kitchen appliance on 220 to make it run faster you burn it up. You do dope to trip up your brain and your body will eventually give in somewhere else.
The President is a fink.
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:13:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
I will keep saying it, when you alter the way anything from the way it is supposed to work you cause issues. You crank a car up on its rear suspension you put more pressure on the front and it will not handle right. You put a kitchen appliance on 220 to make it run faster you burn it up. You do dope to trip up your brain and your body will eventually give in somewhere else.

I could feel it happening to me in 1970 which is when I quit smoking dope. I smoked it for about a year and I could feel the changes. It just didn't seem worth it to me so I quit and never went back. Same thing happened to my brother. Years later when he tried cocaine he did it once and said he could tell by the way he felt that this was not a road he wanted to go down. It's called intelligence, something many dope smokers seem to lack in any great abundance when it comes to drugs. They will justify their use 25 different ways, just like the crack addict who steals from everybody he knows to support his habit. Feels totally justified to him.