In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 22nd, 2021 at 5:14:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine

"This case has nothing to do with race. It never had anything to do with race. It had to do with the right to self-defense," Rittenhouse said. "I'm not a racist person. I support the BLM movement. I support peacefully demonstrating."

LOL - Rittenhouse is woke.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 22nd, 2021 at 5:27:19 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
LOL - Rittenhouse is woke.

Well, he isn't what the media and politicians labeled him. They could not wait to convict him in the court of public opinion.
November 22nd, 2021 at 5:48:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Are you guys seeing this?:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-11-21/bay-area-hit-with-spate-of-large-scale-smash-and-grab-robberies

Quote:
Scott said that during a four-hour window starting at 8 p.m. Friday, thieves burglarized Louis Vuitton on Union Square, Burberry and Bloomingdale’s in the Westfield mall, Yves Saint Laurent on Geary Street, Walgreens on Market Street and multiple cannabis dispensaries across the city. Police were able to prevent thefts at other locations, Scott said, including at Fendi and Hermès stores.

What did Walgreen's do to anyone, anyway? You're going to have more Walgreen's shutting down and then what's going to happen is we're going to hear about how there is a, "Disparity of access," to pharmaceutical stores in urban environments compared to suburban and rural. When it's pointed out that San Francisco is a big part of that since all the pharmacies left town due to being tired of being robbed...the person pointing that out will be called a racist.

Nordstrom?:

https://www.insider.com/dozens-ransacked-sf-nordstrom-store-smash-and-grab-looting-incident-2021-11

Who the hell wants anything from a Nordstrom?

Maybe there will be a community effort to get the stores their merchandise back like they have for all of the car smash and grabs in the city:

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/residents-work-to-return-items-from-smash-and-grab-robberies-in-san-francisco/

Sounds like a great place to live. I bet the entire city would throw itself off of the Golden Gate Bridge, if it could. (Meaning the physical city)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 22nd, 2021 at 6:02:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Are you guys seeing this?:

<snipped for berevety>

Been seeing it and reading about it for years. CA always seemed to have lots of property crime, it is just getting far worse now. Before it was taken down the "People Behaving Badly" YouTube channel would show it. Place was much like NYC in the 1990s, when I was visiting once my boss loaned me his car and said I could go visit "the city" (as NYC is called in NYS) but to not leave ANYTHING on the seats of visible in the car as someone would smash and grab. SF is the same way.

I will keep saying it, SF is a collapsed society. The well off live sealed off in their own little enclaves. They are surrounded by slums in the form of homeless camps. The people in the middle have to deal with the property crime and its effects. Now the retail is vanishing due to the shoplifting. Sooner or later something will have to give.
The President is a fink.
November 22nd, 2021 at 6:54:42 AM permalink
RonC
Defunding the police is one of the stupidest movements ever. Reform may be in order, but that is different from "defunding" and "disbanding."

People who commit crimes need to be caught, charged, and prosecuted. Just letting them get away with X number of dollars gives a license to steal. The "flash mob" incident will be repeated until crackdowns happen.

You can say it doesn't impact you, but you are wrong. People get scared of going to work. Prices go up to cover losses or the cost of insurance against increasing losses. Stores close. Neighborhoods lose vital businesses in already underserved areas. Thieves get more brazen. They speed away from the scene and may end up in accidents trying to get away.
November 22nd, 2021 at 7:02:23 AM permalink
RonC
"The president’s son was part owner of a venture involved in the $3.8 billion purchase by a Chinese conglomerate of one of the world’s largest cobalt deposits. The metal is a key ingredient in batteries for electric vehicles."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/20/world/hunter-biden-china-cobalt.html

Why is Hunter having such a hard time divesting all of his interest in investments that involve the Chinese?

The stories keep coming up and he seems to not know how to sell his investments or something. His Dad said:

"Joe Biden, in Iowa, says his family won't work for foreign companies if he's president"

"No one in my family will have an office in the White House, will sit in on meetings as if they are a cabinet member, will, in fact, have any business relationship with anyone that relates to a foreign corporation or a foreign country. Period. Period. End of story," Biden told reporters in Iowa after giving remarks at a labor conference."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2019/10/13/joe-biden-hunter-donald-trump-impeachment-family-foreign-companies-ethics/3970703002/

It appears Hunter does not agree.
November 22nd, 2021 at 7:22:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Unless they can connect Biden to Hunter other than being his son, there's nothing there but an adult son doing as he wishes despite what his Dad said. Hunter is free to get as many China jobs or investments as he can, whether it looks bad for his dad or not.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2021 at 7:31:20 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Unless they can connect Biden to Hunter other than being his son, there's nothing there but an adult son doing as he wishes despite what his Dad said. Hunter is free to get as many China jobs or investments as he can, whether it looks bad for his dad or not.

I assume you are just trolling for something to do with a statement that foolish.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 22nd, 2021 at 7:32:00 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: RonC
Defunding the police is one of the stupidest movements ever. Reform may be in order, but that is different from "defunding" and "disbanding."

People who commit crimes need to be caught, charged, and prosecuted. Just letting them get away with X number of dollars gives a license to steal. The "flash mob" incident will be repeated until crackdowns happen.

You can say it doesn't impact you, but you are wrong. People get scared of going to work. Prices go up to cover losses or the cost of insurance against increasing losses. Stores close. Neighborhoods lose vital businesses in already underserved areas. Thieves get more brazen. They speed away from the scene and may end up in accidents trying to get away.

I think it might be worse than that because it's not as if Nordstrom's (450+ stores), for example, is just going to jack up the prices in one or two locations to cover the loss. That's just going to be a corporate, "Loss to theft," line item that's going to be accounted for at all Nordstrom locations, by trying to raise the margins on the goods that aren't being stolen.

With that, what ends up happening is that their shoppers in areas that don't basically allow robbery to blatantly take place unchecked are also going to see higher prices...despite the fact that they themselves, and their own cities, have comparably little to do with the loss situation.

I think the only way to quickly handle the San Francisco situation is to go full-on martial law, but I think we both know that isn't going to happen.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 22nd, 2021 at 7:34:29 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
I assume you are just trolling for something to do with a statement that foolish.

What...that assuming anything criminal took place...you would actually have to connect a person to the crime by way other than simply being related to someone?

What's foolish about that? Fundamentally, you would have to demonstrate that Joe Biden at least (provably) directly or indirectly facilitated something.