In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 22nd, 2021 at 1:19:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I could feel it happening to me in 1970 which is when I quit smoking dope. I smoked it for about a year and I could feel the changes. It just didn't seem worth it to me so I quit and never went back. Same thing happened to my brother. Years later when he tried cocaine he did it once and said he could tell by the way he felt that this was not a road he wanted to go down. It's called intelligence, something many dope smokers seem to lack in any great abundance when it comes to drugs. They will justify their use 25 different ways, just like the crack addict who steals from everybody he knows to support his habit. Feels totally justified to him.

I feel that drug use is going to be one of the things that finally brings down the USA. But I also feel there is nothing we can do about it. Time to enjoy the decline.
The President is a fink.
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:21:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
If this is true why did his father (President Biden) tell such a bald faced lie?

I'm sure a week before the Kenoshaw riots Kyle's mother would have claimed Kyle would never ever be on trial for shooting 3 people with extreme confidence. Would that be a lie? Trump promised a wall across the southern border. He didn't get it finished. is that a lie?

Now, whereas when Trump said Mexico would pay for it, that was not even a good faith promise. Therefore that was a LIE!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:23:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Obama said you could keep your doctor. That was a lie, if you know it's not really going to happen when you said it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:27:29 PM permalink
rxwine
If you promise your kids a trip to Disney World, it's not a lie if you can't legitimately make that schedule because of something unforseen. If you already know you aren't going to make it, it's a lie.
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:51:17 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
If you promise your kids a trip to Disney World, it's not a lie if you can't legitimately make that schedule because of something unforseen. If you already know you aren't going to make it, it's a lie.

You are trying to justify Biden's lies with someone else's. Trump lied. Trump lied more than once. That is not the conversation. He is not the President. He has not been the President for almost a year. I think he got hate for his lies, if I remember correctly.

The President that you supported told either a calculated lie or his son lied to him. It would be kind of good to know which one; Hunter being a liar is much better than President Biden telling a calculated lie--one he knew to be a lie--by saying that his family would not work with the Chinese or Chinese corporations.

""No one in my family will have an office in the White House, will sit in on meetings as if they are a cabinet member, will, in fact, have any business relationship with anyone that relates to a foreign corporation or a foreign country. Period. Period. End of story," Biden told reporters"

That is a very definitive statement on Biden's part. No ambiguity. Hunter is part of his family.

The Russian Hoax was a lie, too.

Campaign promises of actions to be taken--like building a wall--are a little harder to pin down as "lies" because they require the cooperation of others to get them done and, likely, a second term that does not always happen.

Biden is a liar. I am not going to call it trolling; I just think that you don't count his lies as such.
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:52:07 PM permalink
RonC
Obama said you could keep your doctor. That was a lie, if you know it's not really going to happen when you said it.

Everyone with a functioning brain housing group knew that was a whopper when he said it.
November 22nd, 2021 at 1:53:59 PM permalink
RonC

If you knew your son was not going to get out of bed with the enemy, why promise that he would? He already knew it was an issue and he said it would not happen. Perhaps he should have consulted Hunter.

The kids will still grow up thinking that you lied to them, but that has nothing to do with President Biden's lie.
November 22nd, 2021 at 2:12:08 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I would equate what happened to insider trading. If the son of the CEO of a company make trades using information that is not available to the general public than that is insider trading. Biden's son should not be involved in any major transactions with a foreign country. If his son had a major position in an arms manufacturer that was given a large contract by the US is that okay? Too bad Trump didn't get the swamp drained, it is now deeper than ever.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 22nd, 2021 at 2:19:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
You are trying to justify Biden's lies with someone else's. Trump lied. Trump lied more than once. That is not the conversation. He is not the President. He has not been the President for almost a year. I think he got hate for his lies, if I remember correctly.

The President that you supported told either a calculated lie or his son lied to him. It would be kind of good to know which one; Hunter being a liar is much better than President Biden telling a calculated lie--one he knew to be a lie--by saying that his family would not work with the Chinese or Chinese corporations.

""No one in my family will have an office in the White House, will sit in on meetings as if they are a cabinet member, will, in fact, have any business relationship with anyone that relates to a foreign corporation or a foreign country. Period. Period. End of story," Biden told reporters"

That is a very definitive statement on Biden's part. No ambiguity. Hunter is part of his family.

The Russian Hoax was a lie, too.

Campaign promises of actions to be taken--like building a wall--are a little harder to pin down as "lies" because they require the cooperation of others to get them done and, likely, a second term that does not always happen.

Biden is a liar. I am not going to call it trolling; I just think that you don't count his lies as such.

Oh baloney. Are you really claiming that that I think Biden hasn’t told lies. I’m just saying that as far as I know this wasn’t one. I included Obama so you wouldn’t think I was just picking on trump’s lie. But that didn’t stop you from accusing me of it anyway.

I made it about Disney so maybe you could see it from a non-political angle.

Who’s trolling? You?
November 22nd, 2021 at 2:23:54 PM permalink
RonC
Oh baloney. Are you really claiming that that I think Biden hasn’t told lies. I’m just saying that as far as I know this wasn’t one. I included Obama so you wouldn’t think I was just picking on trump’s lie. But that didn’t stop you from accusing me of it anyway.

I made it about Disney so maybe you could see it from a non-political angle.

Who’s trolling? You?

I never said that anyone was trolling,

He clearly stated what would happen.

He has not changed his statement on the issue.

Hunter is clearly involved with interests in hostile foreign countries.

Candidate Biden misled the people to believe that he would keep his family from operating in the way one of them continues to operate.

Has he done anything about it?