In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 20th, 2021 at 8:58:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

Have you been to a mass protest or riot before? Crowds are a weird thing. When you look at assaults, if I have some sort of one-on-one situation in a bar, for example, then I feel a little more comfortable that the other guy's aim is not to try to kill me...in a riot, though?

A very good point. Crowds and riots change how people behave. IIRC this was part of the defense in the Reginald Denny assault case. That they lost their heads in the riot and pulled a guy from his truck and beat him up just because he was white. No hate crime charge or anything. It is why being near one can be very dangerous even though much of the crowd is just there to see what is going on.
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2021 at 9:19:59 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
A very good point. Crowds and riots change how people behave. .

I just heard nobody's rioting in Wisconsin because it's too cold. Temperatures are in the 30s and low 40's and riot temperature has to be over 50 for anybody to be interested in bothering to do it. That's why you never see riots in the cold weather states in the winter. It's a summer sport, t-shirts and shorts weather. LOL they are rioting in Europe over covid, however. They must not know about the cold weather rule.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 20th, 2021 at 10:59:49 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Uh oh:

Prosecutors Find Mail-In Jury Votes At 3AM, Rittenhouse Now Guilty

Quote:
KENOSHA, WI—In a stunning reversal, Kyle Rittenhouse awoke this morning to discover that he had been found guilty after all.

Prosecutors explained that during the night, they had found dozens of mail-in jury votes declaring the defendant guilty on all counts. Apparently, boxes of these mail-in votes arrived in a truck at the courthouse around 3:00 am.

Attorneys for Mr. Rittenhouse were dumbfounded as to how such a thing could have happened, raising questions as to the validity of mail-in jury voting. They stated: “We’ve never heard of this. This isn’t part of the legal system. Where did these votes even come from?”

"How DARE you question the sanctity of our criminal justice system!" cried the prosecuting attorneys. "There is no justice until EVERY vote is counted!"

Prosecutors then explained that it was a new COVID measure they had just instituted. “But given how well it’s worked out,” they said, “we’re planning on making it permanent.”

***yes the above is sarcasm

Let's go Brandon
November 20th, 2021 at 11:15:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter

Yeesh.

Babylon Bee is like The Onion, minus the comedy. Righties really struggle with comedy for some reason. Probably because all their positions and views are based on hate.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 20th, 2021 at 11:31:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman

That is clever! The lefties will go nuts over it because they cannot think of anything near clever. But of course we all know liberals have no sense of humor.
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2021 at 11:34:48 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

That is clever! The lefties will go nuts over it because they cannot think of anything near clever. But of course we all know liberals have no sense of humor.

Yes, that must be why virtually every massively successful stand-up comedian is a conservative.
November 20th, 2021 at 11:39:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler

Yes, that must be why virtually every massively successful stand-up comedian is a conservative.

Stand up comedians only become conservatives once their careers dry up and they want interview bookings on the lower-tier Fox News shows.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 20th, 2021 at 11:51:39 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288

Stand up comedians only become conservatives once their careers dry up and they want interview bookings on the lower-tier Fox News shows.

I've not given it much thought. I hear something and think it is either funny, or not, then think a comedian generally says funny things, or not. I've just now looked at lists of top, "Conservative Comedians," and, "Liberal Comedians," and it would appear that I have comedians in both categories that I really enjoy.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 20th, 2021 at 11:53:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

Limbaugh used to point it out all the time that liberals have no sense of humor. This exchange proves it true. The mail-in jury voting thing is great satire. You do not see good liberal satire sites because liberals do not get satire. Liberals do not get anything but simple jokes.
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2021 at 11:56:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I wish that I was surprised that the issue of what is or isn't funny has become political.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman