In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 6th, 2021 at 4:43:41 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146

I like the first sentence. The second sentence will turn out to be folly. Stock market generally flat pre market. Some big tech (FB, AAPL) down a percent or two. Marijuana (TLRY) soaring! True story.... when first $1200 stimulus check came out I asked step daughter and her boyfriend what they will do with the money, and the answer shot back ‘better weed’.

My super liberal son texted me ‘Joe Manchin’ is now the most powerful man in America. Apparently he and one of the Montana Senators (Teater?) are two centrist Democrat that might check the left agenda at the door. I hope so.
January 6th, 2021 at 4:44:47 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288

Warnock won for sure. Ossoff probably won but not yet called.

With both seats blue, this is excellent for America.

Congress will also be certifying Biden's tremendous victory today. It's not even 0800 and its already a brilliant day!
January 6th, 2021 at 5:06:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I like the first sentence. The second sentence will turn out to be folly. Stock market generally flat pre market. Some big tech (FB, AAPL) down a percent or two. Marijuana (TLRY) soaring! True story.... when first $1200 stimulus check came out I asked step daughter and her boyfriend what they will do with the money, and the answer shot back ‘better weed’.

My super liberal son texted me ‘Joe Manchin’ is now the most powerful man in America. Apparently he and one of the Montana Senators (Teater?) are two centrist Democrat that might check the left agenda at the door. I hope so.

You hope so? But you were so against Trump?! This is what you asked for!
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2021 at 5:15:37 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Kristen Sinema (sp?) of AZ is probably more centrist than Tester.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 6th, 2021 at 6:07:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Yeah, if, "Legally cast," wasn't again code for, "ONLY the people who physically appeared and voted." I mean, whoever this person is isn't going to be as direct as Trump...but is basically saying the same thing.

Manchin has already said that he will NOT vote to eliminate the filibuster and will NOT vote to pack the Supreme Court. Republicans knew that, of course, but generating a tribalistic, 'Fear of the other,' is just as much in their playbook.

Joe Manchin, former governor, West Virginia.

Question: What do you call a West Virginia Democrat in most other states?

Answer:
A moderate Republican.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2021 at 6:29:08 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This seems like a..... strange statement to have to put out in the middle of the day on Election Day.

Are their campaigns getting spooked by some low turnout numbers or something?

So yeah, I think it's clear now that they knew they weren't hitting the turnout numbers they needed in the Trump counties and sent out this last minute plea.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 6th, 2021 at 6:37:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
This seems like a..... strange statement to have to put out in the middle of the day on Election Day.

Are their campaigns getting spooked by some low turnout numbers or something?

So yeah, I think it's clear now that they knew they weren't hitting the turnout numbers they needed in the Trump counties and sent out this last minute plea.

But...they told me the elections are rigged anyway and the first Tuesday of the month is usually for pot luck at church.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2021 at 8:30:37 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
We do have one piece of good news today some of you might have missed:

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/last-minute-white-house-decision-opens-arctic-land-oil-leasing-rcna217

That'll at least bring in some revenue. The best part is that it's hard to imagine that Biden can do anything about it since the rights will already have been sold by the time he gets into office.

Unfortunately, the drilling is only to take place on 80% of the reserve, when it should really be more like 100%...but you can't win them all.
January 6th, 2021 at 8:35:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

Unfortunately, the drilling is only to take place on 80% of the reserve, when it should really be more like 100%...but you can't win them all.

I can see where some parts need to be set aside due to legit environmental concerns. Bit drill, baby, drill!
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2021 at 8:53:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
I can see where some parts need to be set aside due to legit environmental concerns. Bit drill, baby, drill!

What's a legit environmental concern?