In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 5th, 2021 at 6:43:19 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I think they’re about to call the race for Warnock.

Ossoff race is closer.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/05/us/elections/forecast-georgia-senate-runoff.html#click=https://t.co/0j5ZRAkGmI
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 5th, 2021 at 6:59:03 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288

My son says Warnock declared winner by ‘Waserman’ who has ‘never been wrong’ and is leaning towards Ossoff as well but hasn’t declared that one yet. And this is not even counting the buckets full of made up Dem votes just delivered.... (teasing!!!!!).
January 5th, 2021 at 7:00:37 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
My son says Warnock declared winner by ‘Waserman’ who has ‘never been wrong’ and is leaning towards Ossoff as well but hasn’t declared that one yet. And this is not even counting the buckets full of made up Dem votes just delivered.... (teasing!!!!!).

Yes, I was basing that statement on Wasserman calling it.

Didn’t even have the TV on to see that the GOP candidates are still leading, but with heavily blue areas still outstanding, it will change.

Just follow the NYT needle.
January 5th, 2021 at 7:11:04 PM permalink
ams288
Tweet of the night:

January 5th, 2021 at 7:14:54 PM permalink
ams288
The Economist has called it:

Quote:
Folks, it's over. We have enough returns to project that both Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff will win their Senate runoffs in Georgia, giving Democrats control of the US Senate.
January 5th, 2021 at 10:48:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Looks like there may be at least one recount in the Ossoff/Perdue race regardless of the outcome.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 5th, 2021 at 11:48:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Well, I was wrong about not having to stay up late. But anyway, looks like Donald Trump is leaving the Republican party in shambles as well as losing the presidency. Don't think they're going to a have a check on power in the Senate.

I suppose we can wait and see if they try Civil War. Because I don't think legal options are real options any longer for them to regain power anytime soon. At least not until the next election.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2021 at 12:06:51 AM permalink
ams288
January 6th, 2021 at 12:07:05 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Well, I was wrong about not having to stay up late. But anyway, looks like Donald Trump is leaving the Republican party in shambles as well as losing the presidency. Don't think they're going to a have a check on power in the Senate.

I suppose we can wait and see if they try Civil War. Because I don't think legal options are real options any longer for them to regain power anytime soon. At least not until the next election.

Maybe Texas will sue with the claim being that Georgia should conduct its Senate elections based on a single vote with a plurality winner rather than having run-off elections. I’m not sure who the defendant will be, perhaps they’ll sue the State of Hawaii to effectuate this. (JK)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2021 at 12:13:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/politics/live-news/georgia-senate-runoff-election-results/index.html

From the Perdue camp:

Quote:
“We will mobilize every available resource and exhaust every legal recourse to ensure all legally cast ballots are properly counted. We believe in the end, Senator Perdue will be victorious,” the statement reads.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman