In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 5th, 2021 at 3:03:20 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: rxwine
One thing I'm glad about this election is it being on the east coast, I may not have to stay up too late to see what happens.

Don’t you think it will take at least a couple of days? There are significant mail in votes right?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 5th, 2021 at 3:08:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford
Don’t you think it will take at least a couple of days? There are significant mail in votes right?

Have no idea. They ought to be pretty good at counting. They did it 3 times last time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 5th, 2021 at 3:18:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JimRockford

It wont be called tonight
But
Whats counted tonight is better then a poll and give us an idea of where things stand
Will be called tomorrow
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 5th, 2021 at 3:21:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
One thing I'm glad about this election is it being on the east coast, I may not have to stay up too late to see what happens.

Depends on if the Dems need to dig up some votes for a MASSIVE DUMP late tonight.

A YUGE LATE NIGHT DUMP LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE

/tinfoilhat
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 5th, 2021 at 3:24:13 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined
It wont be called tonight
But
Whats counted tonight is better then a poll and give us an idea of where things stand
Will be called tomorrow

Depends on how big the blue shift is. Just like in the general election, Ds are more likely than Rs to vote by mail.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 5th, 2021 at 3:31:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Depends on if the Dems need to dig up some votes for a MASSIVE DUMP late tonight.

A YUGE LATE NIGHT DUMP LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE

/tinfoilhat

Its gonna get ugly
because
Rural votes reported 1st
End of night Republicans ahead, Trump declares victory despite say only 80-90% counted
Count gets close tomorrow as Trump cries fraud
Personally I find Loeffler pretty disgusting. Sad this is the type of person appointed to a Senate seat. Anti-mask and corrupt making stock trades on inside info because she is a Senator.
Got the popcorn out
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 5th, 2021 at 3:51:49 PM permalink
Altstates93
Threads: 0
Quote: Shrek
Gee, so a brand new member (another libbie) posts for the very first time, and then ams posts 27 minutes later.
So we now have the "dog", "cat", "trip", and now "alt". Is he "quad" too?
How's this guy keep track of all his burner accounts?? That takes talent man. 😂😂

Yep, nothing fishy here at all.................. /s

Quite a welcome to the forum.

Contrary to any fanciful suspicions, I am neither AMS nor any other member in disguise.

Though I will fess up to my handle being an acronym for Another Libby Trump-Spiting Trump-Assailing Trump Election Stealer...93.
January 5th, 2021 at 4:19:48 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Now look what you guys have me doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmihGvY8NIk

Wherein Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro discuss the problems that Ben Shapiro has with gay marriage and debate the issue. This was entertaining because Rogan, who is himself a blithering moron, absolutely shreds every single position of Ben Shapiro's to pieces. Shapiro does not score a single point in this one aside from suggesting that the Government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage, which Rogan agrees with.

I've listened to Ben Shapiro speak in the past and came to the conclusion that he was borderline intelligent, but nope, game over for that. He's just a flat out moron who is hopelessly unable to defend his position on gay marriage with anything that's not theocratic in nature. Is THIS really the best and brightest that religious conservatives have on their side? F***ing seriously!? You guys are even more screwed than I thought.

I mean, maybe he was just having an off day. I guess that's possible.

In secular terms, Shapiro points out that only a man and a woman (assuming it must be a romantically linked couple to do it in the first place) can (I assume, naturally) conceive a child. This ignores all of the various forms of artificial insemination out there. It also ignores the fact that two people can be in a gay relationship and one of those two people can physically produce a child with someone else.

Even ignoring all of those things, Shapiro's argument assumes that a couple producing children is in some way useful AND assumes that the continued propagation of the human race is a worthy goal unto itself...which it isn't...and if he wasn't a religious moron he would recognize that fact.

Shapiro also states that reason without theocracy can lead to all kinds of, "Dark things," because humans essentially don't do a good job of finding meaning in anything without a God involved. He's an idiot. He correctly states that religion without reason would be disastrous because it would essentially result in a system of Government that would be theological tyranny. As we know, the Catholic Church already tried and failed at that one, but they gave it a hell of an effort.

As far as Shapiro's nonsensical position that religion is going to be in some way required for us to not dissolve completely into a nihilistic chaos, I offer this:

Life is meaningless.
There is probably no god.
There is most likely nothing after this.

Just accept those things like an adult and quit hiding behind your make-believe creator and go from there. There's really nothing to be afraid of in a godless world. Start with this one:

***Life is Meaningless:

---That's awesome. That just means that life has no meaning of its own accord. None of this exists as part of any greater plan and there is no purpose to anything that we do. That should be seen as more liberating than scary.

But...but...if there's no meaning, then why are we here?

Because we f****** are, that's why. Asking why we are here is no different than asking why the little pill bug is under that rock you picked up...it just is.

And, for anyone who thinks your life should have meaning, just go do whatever it is you think is meaningful. It won't matter whether you succeed or fail because we all will go into the eternal nothingness together in the end anyway...except we won't, because there will be nothing sentient to experience the, "Nothingness," which itself doesn't really exist. It's also not eternal because, again, you won't exist and will have no concept of time, its passage or anything else.

***There is probably no god.

---Good! What sort of god would do this anyway? Not one that I want to meet. We can only hope that there's not a god. If there is a god, then we can hope that we at least are fortunate enough to not have it be the God of Abraham.

***There is most likely nothing after this.

---This one is the real winner. This is the one that should bring people the most peace. You are dead, game over...and that's it.

I'm honestly shocked that anyone would see this as a problem. It gives you a clearly defined end point. People should take solace in the fact that they will one day exist as nothing but a memory and, given enough time, won't even exist as that.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 5th, 2021 at 5:51:16 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Mail in voting fraud would be quite easy to prove.... if it existed.

Yet the only fraud charges have been made against a trump voter.

And still all those down-ballot republicans won. We can't possibly believe that the democrats would be so clever as to only corrupt the presidential race while simultaneously letting republicans such as mitch mcconnell get elected, can we? We all know democrats are stupid. No way they could come up with and execute such a cunning plan, a plan that is totally court-proof!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 5th, 2021 at 6:38:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Looking good for the Dems in GA.

Quote:
Republicans have taken a narrow lead in the tabulated vote, but the Democrats are clear favorites in both races for Senate. The overwhelming majority of remaining votes are in the Atlanta metro area, and while the race remains competitive, there's no indication that the Republicans are poised to run more strongly than expected there.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman