In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 26th, 2020 at 2:09:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
What are you going to explain to them? That the KKK was supported by southern Democrats and you support symbols of the slave supporting confederacy?

No, THIS is the flag of the CSA:

I will explain that it is a symbol of the south. That southerners had family that died under it and feel strongly about it. That is is a general symbol of rebellion. That just because they do not like something that they do not get to demand they never see it.

And yes, why on earth do they not demand we ban Democrats since they fought to defend slavery and supported Jim Crow laws?!

Se, Democrats are the same symbol of racism by YOUR standard on the Confederate Flag. So why do they still get to even use the Democrat Party name?
The President is a fink.
June 26th, 2020 at 2:21:15 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/16009-whats-your-iq/7/#post295734

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/16009-whats-your-iq/6/#post295711

Okay, so I decided to look into EvenBob's claim just to put the matter to rest.

The most recent post I could find, "Bragging," about my IQ was in a thread titled, "What's Your IQ?", (2013) started by EvenBob. In that post (first link) I said:

Quote: Myself
I didn't say I am over 161, I USED to be over 161, now I'm in the 140's, I believe.

Are there any Free On-Line IQ tests that are legitimate? I'd be happy to take one and see where I'm at right now.

In any case, an IQ in the 140's is not anything for a person to even brag ABOUT. For one thing, the, "Genius," category starts at 160, so I admit in that very post to NOT having a genius IQ. I still admit that I don't have a genius IQ. An IQ score above 140 would be considered, "Near genius," and 120-140 would represent, "Superior Intelligence."

In any case, hardly in a class of my own, here.

In that same thread, which again was started by Evenbob, Evenbob also specifically requested that I participate in the thread (second link):

Quote: Evenbob
I suspect one of them is Eliot. The first N of 161 appeared
the at the same time as his post. We have yet to hear from
the mod who says he's over 161. We lose points as we age,
women lose them faster for some reason. But not drastically,
we don't go from 125 to 100. It's more like 125 to 117.

I have no idea how many times I supposedly, "Bragged," about it, or even mentioned it, but there would at least have been one fewer occasion had EB not mentioned me in that thread. Based on the context of EB's post, I must have mentioned it at least once, but it wouldn't shock me to discover that it was only once.

Also in that thread, I volunteered to take an online IQ test if there is one that is both legitimate and free.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 26th, 2020 at 2:25:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Bzzzt. Wrong. I chose my words carefully with the word "symbols" and not specifically making the mistake about the flag. But keep trying to run away from what you actually support, because the confederate statues say otherwise.

There's plenty of evidence that erecting of many confederate statues correlates with black rights movements. Racist trolls imagery not pride.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 26th, 2020 at 2:51:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Bzzzt. Wrong. I chose my words carefully with the word "symbols" and not specifically making the mistake about the flag. But keep trying to run away from what you actually support, because the confederate statues say otherwise.

There's plenty of evidence that erecting of many confederate statues correlates with black rights movements. Racist trolls imagery not pride.

So you are saying Democrats put up symbols to upset blacks?
The President is a fink.
June 26th, 2020 at 2:54:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
Yes, and who would get entertainment from watching such people?

For the most part, people who
DON"T live that way. We like
to see the part of society we
never have to deal with. It's
entertaining. Springer I have
never seen except for outakes
shown to make a point. You
seem to be an expert, you must
have watched every episode.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2020 at 2:57:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
I USED to be over 161,

And there you go.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2020 at 2:59:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
the difference between the two of us is that you care about me enough to remember,.

The difference is, I have a good memory
and you obviously do not.
June 26th, 2020 at 3:01:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
So you are saying Democrats put up symbols to upset blacks?

It probably was Democrats. But not modern ones. You're in the 21st century. So, what's your excuse? Either swear off your support, or admit you support racism.

Yes or no? Don't dodge.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 26th, 2020 at 3:02:54 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
For the most part, people who
DON"T live that way. We like
to see the part of society we
never have to deal with. It's
entertaining. Springer I have
never seen except for outakes
shown to make a point. You
seem to be an expert, you must
have watched every episode.

Virtually everyone alive in the 90's has some idea of what the Jerry Springer Show consisted of without having actually watched it. I won't go as far as to say that I've NEVER watched it, or that I have NEVER watched trash TV, in general. I've probably watched fewer than five episodes of Springer, and one of those occasions was because Type O Negative frontman, Peter Steele, was a guest on the show.

As we have already discussed, I used to be, in my own words, "A rabid wrestling fan."

Beyond that, I've maybe watched fifty, or so, episodes of Judge Judy, which is only slightly less trashy than Springer. Fifty is probably an exaggeration, but I wouldn't want to artificially lowball it. Generally speaking, this would happen if I was in the process of waiting somewhere (such as a doctor's office) and it was already on the TV. Back before the Internet really blew up, I'd also occasionally stop on it if I had been flipping channels and nothing else was on...though I've never really watched TV with any great frequency. I'll say definitely more than twenty and as many as fifty.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 26th, 2020 at 3:05:40 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
And there you go.

Okay, so that constitutes the same thing as, "Bragging," about my IQ, in the present day, in your view? Besides that, all I'm doing is quoting myself from over six years ago in a thread that you created specifically to discuss IQ...and that only after you asked me to respond.