In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 25th, 2020 at 5:57:42 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
We are still discussing some specifics but I want to assure the #LivePDNation that we are not abandoning you.

You don't just abandon the
most successful show in cable
history.

Is this true? I had never heard of the show until Bob brought it up a month or two ago. I still haven't seen it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 25th, 2020 at 6:15:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
Is this true? I had never heard of the show until Bob brought it up a month or two ago. I still haven't seen it.

Never heard of anything but COPs, and America's most wanted.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 25th, 2020 at 8:24:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich

It was the most watched reality
show on cable. They were live
from 12 cities with 30 camera
crews riding with cops. You
literally never knew what was
going to happen. It was on
Fri and Sat for 3 hours a night.
On in reruns for the whole
day on Mon and Wed. It
spawned 3 spinoff shows on
A&E.

There are 1300 videos from
the show on Utube. Don't
watch or you'll binge watch
all 1300. Lots of meth busts.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2020 at 4:33:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
It was the most watched reality
show on cable. They were live
from 12 cities with 30 camera
crews riding with cops. You
literally never knew what was
going to happen. It was on
Fri and Sat for 3 hours a night.
On in reruns for the whole
day on Mon and Wed. It
spawned 3 spinoff shows on
A&E.

There are 1300 videos from
the show on Utube. Don't
watch or you'll binge watch
all 1300. Lots of meth busts.

If it makes you feel better, you can probably find some old Springer episodes you haven't seen while you wait for it to come back.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 26th, 2020 at 5:14:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
I am kind of thinking if not hoping the fake noose slaps people to their senses.

Mostly it has brought out idiots who ignore the reality that it did appear to be a noose to the NASCAR president and he rightfully had it investigated. Nothing fake, mistaken...but you are too lost in your own reality to acknowledge that mistakes happen. I am glad it turned out not to be a hate issue and just an unfortunate situation...but I have been appalled by the actual racism displayed by those who comment on it all over the place. They can't just use words to describe their being upset about it happening; they have to use racist comments.

No, there aren't racists around every corner but the truth is that there are a lot of them out there. NASCAR's fan base, sadly, has more than a fair share of them. All racists do is make it harder for those who aren't...because we, as humans, are good at lumping people into groups they may not belong in.
June 26th, 2020 at 5:33:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
Mostly it has brought out idiots who ignore the reality that it did appear to be a noose to the NASCAR president and he rightfully had it investigated. Nothing fake, mistaken...but you are too lost in your own reality to acknowledge that mistakes happen. I am glad it turned out not to be a hate issue and just an unfortunate situation...but I have been appalled by the actual racism displayed by those who comment on it all over the place. They can't just use words to describe their being upset about it happening; they have to use racist comments.

No, there aren't racists around every corner but the truth is that there are a lot of them out there. NASCAR's fan base, sadly, has more than a fair share of them. All racists do is make it harder for those who aren't...because we, as humans, are good at lumping people into groups they may not belong in.

Again it is not a "mistake." It was incompetence. It was a desire to "find racism." It is people waiting to find racism because so many people think of NASCAR as a KKK meeting.

Racism gets people attention. How many people even heard of Bubba before this happened? How many fewer even cared about him? Now he is a superstar in the race-bait industry.
The President is a fink.
June 26th, 2020 at 6:43:53 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
Again it is not a "mistake." It was incompetence. It was a desire to "find racism." It is people waiting to find racism because so many people think of NASCAR as a KKK meeting.

Racism gets people attention. How many people even heard of Bubba before this happened? How many fewer even cared about him? Now he is a superstar in the race-bait industry.

There was plenty of racism "found" after he came out against the Confederate flag being allowed at the tracks and NASCAR banned it. He also drove the "Black Lives Matter" car at Martinsville...not sponsored by BLM but in support of those lives mattering (and I wish there was a different name for supporting the cause and not the group, but there isn't one so far).

No, they didn't have to go find more. I am pretty sure they would have rather not have had the incident with the rope happen. It brought out some when it was reported and more when the results came out.
June 26th, 2020 at 8:42:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
There was plenty of racism "found" after he came out against the Confederate flag being allowed at the tracks and NASCAR banned it. He also drove the "Black Lives Matter" car at Martinsville...not sponsored by BLM but in support of those lives mattering (and I wish there was a different name for supporting the cause and not the group, but there isn't one so far).

No, they didn't have to go find more. I am pretty sure they would have rather not have had the incident with the rope happen. It brought out some when it was reported and more when the results came out.

Had they left the Confederate Flags alone there would not be near the problems they have had since. Someone is allowed to sponsor BLM, a racist name if there ever was one, then they ban Confederate Flags?

NASCAR is going to learn the hard way what happens when you tell your strongest group of fans, white southerners, that you are embarrassed to have them as customers. Plenty of white folks are tired of being called "racist" for just living our daily lives.

If you keep "looking" for racism you will "find" it, even if you have to all of the sudden decide something once innocuous is now "racist." I mean, now any pic of a black on a product is "racist."

Why don't they ban Ford cars as Henry Ford was very anti Jewish? Is that next?
The President is a fink.
June 26th, 2020 at 9:25:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I saw the pic of the noose in the garage. It was a noose. If I came across that at a garage. 1st thing that would come to mind is racism. Seen plenty of ropes designed as a handle for one thing or another but using simple knots. That was a noose.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 26th, 2020 at 9:31:11 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
If it makes you feel better, you can probably find some old Springer episodes you haven't seen while you wait for it to come back.

So in your mind, a show that's
totally scripted with paid actors, is
exactly the same as a show that
follows police officers around with
live cameras and shoots life as
it happens, those two shows are
exactly the same. Again, your bragging
about having a genius IQ credibility
is getting really thin..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.