In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 26th, 2020 at 3:07:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
Virtually everyone alive in the 90's has some idea of what the Jerry Springer Show consisted of without having actually watched it. I won't go as far as to say that I've NEVER watched it, or that I have NEVER watched trash TV, in general. I've probably watched fewer than five episodes of Springer, and one of those occasions was because Type O Negative frontman, Peter Steele, was a guest on the show.

I couldn't stand a Springer show. Had to turn it off. But I can watch SpongeBob SquarePants without complaint. What does it mean?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 26th, 2020 at 3:14:23 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
The difference is, I have a good memory
and you obviously do not.

No, the difference is that you're concerned about statements that I made over six years ago for reasons that are beyond my comprehension.

Let me make this clear: The only reason I even responded to the post in this thread in that way is because it was the third or fourth time that you have prodded me over this specific matter in as many days. The most recent post, because the last ones didn't really work, more-or-less implied that I go around (in the present day) bragging about my IQ, which I most certainly do not.

Again, you can believe my IQ is 19 and it makes no difference to me. I'm mainly interested in addressing the apparent claim that I'm bragging about my IQ all the time because there are a few people on this forum who I would like to have a fair opinion of me. You're not one of them. I don't care what your opinion is.

There are things about people from six years ago that I do remember; you're just not one of those people. I mainly regard your posts as a bromidic and insignificant annoyance that I must deal with from time to time. I care about you no more or less than if you were someone I've never interacted with in my entire life. When you stop posting here, if it is before I stop posting here, you will be completely irrelevant to me in any way whatsoever. I will never think about you again because your existence has no meaning to me whatsoever other than the fact that your posts occasionally annoy me.

Did you get all that, or was that post too long for your liking?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 26th, 2020 at 3:15:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
I couldn't stand a Springer show. Had to turn it off. But I can watch SpongeBob SquarePants without complaint. What does it mean?

SpongeBob occasionally sneaks a joke in there that is primarily for adults. I have kids, so I've seen more SpongeBob than I would have liked to.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 26th, 2020 at 3:37:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
Virtually everyone alive in the 90's has some idea of what the Jerry Springer Show

Watched very little TV in the 90's. certainly
nothing that wasn't in primetime. Never
saw Judy, those fake courtroom shows
bore the crap out of me. Those people
are rehearsed and coached on how
to act. Just like on American Pickers,
the entire show is set up by the
producers. What's there to buy, what
the sellers should say. Pawn Stars is
fake from start to end. It's not even
shot in the real pawn shop.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2020 at 4:03:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
For the most part, people who
DON"T live that way. We like
to see the part of society we
never have to deal with. It's
entertaining. Springer I have
never seen except for outakes
shown to make a point. You
seem to be an expert, you must
have watched every episode.

That is the same reason people listen to Tom Leykis or Dave Ramsey. You are having a bad day then you hear someone really has it bad. Things seem better then.
The President is a fink.
June 26th, 2020 at 5:42:43 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Had they left the Confederate Flags alone there would not be near the problems they have had since. Someone is allowed to sponsor BLM, a racist name if there ever was one, then they ban Confederate Flags?

To be honest, the gay rainbow flag is MUCH more offensive than the Confederate flag. The Confederacy is a part of our history. I view the gay flag has a hateful symbol of gay supremacy, which I totally oppose. I oppose white supremacy AND black supremacy AND gay supremacy.

But have you ever noticed that libbies will never say what I just said?? They will oppose white supremacy (and good for them), but they NEVER speak out against black supremacy or gay supremacy. 🙄
June 26th, 2020 at 5:45:24 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Speaking of the gays, the irony of this story cracked me up.

Madison police searching for 'angry mob' that attacked state Sen. Tim Carpenter

This Tim Carpenter guy got beat up by a bunch of "peaceful" protesters. And it turns out that Carpenter is gay.
So why aren't all the gays coming out of the woodword and screaming "BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT!" ?????????

Hmm.................................. 🤔
June 27th, 2020 at 4:10:30 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
As expected, sensing a Biden win, the dems aren’t wasting any time turning Washington DC and Puerto Rico into States.

They started the process yesterday, passing a DC statehood bill in the House.

Two more permanent dem senators and one congressman.

When they control the Senate, the bill will succeed.

Puerto Rico is next.
June 27th, 2020 at 4:29:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
As expected, sensing a Biden win, the dems aren’t wasting any time turning Washington DC and Puerto Rico into States.

Puerto Rico is next.

Good.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 27th, 2020 at 7:31:30 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

Puerto Rico is next.
Cool. All citizens should have representation. Win their vote. Convince them to vote Republican. That's the American way. How does their populations compare too the least populated states?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"