In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 26th, 2020 at 9:53:43 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
Had they left the Confederate Flags alone there would not be near the problems they have had since. Someone is allowed to sponsor BLM, a racist name if there ever was one, then they ban Confederate Flags?

NASCAR is going to learn the hard way what happens when you tell your strongest group of fans, white southerners, that you are embarrassed to have them as customers. Plenty of white folks are tired of being called "racist" for just living our daily lives.

If you keep "looking" for racism you will "find" it, even if you have to all of the sudden decide something once innocuous is now "racist." I mean, now any pic of a black on a product is "racist."

Why don't they ban Ford cars as Henry Ford was very anti Jewish? Is that next?

The car wasn't racist; it was a statement. It is sad that there is not a difference between the label used by protesters for race equality, which is a real issue no matter how much some say it is not, and the name of the anti-government group that wants something different than just equality for all.

The car actually had no sponsor going into the race. The team is small and does not have a primary sponsor for every event. They often don't gain a sponsor until the week of the race. So, unless someone stepped forward afterward, no one actually sponsored the car.

The flag means one thing to some people and something totally different to others. Perhaps the some who means one thing to should at least hear what it means to those aren't like them.

Your comment about "everything being racist" is a bit of an overstatement but I do agree that it can be found in too many things that really aren't racist at all.

I guess that is all a part of the process of growing as a country. It ain't always easy. The simple answers don't always cover it.

II have spoken against the Democrats who work hard for a vote in November and do little to help those voters once the election is over. I am not blind and I don't know everything. I know that I am not going to even sway your mind; you won't give on anything any more than our most committed left members here.
June 26th, 2020 at 10:02:09 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Can you believe this idiot?

Joe Biden Would Use Federal Power To Require Face Masks

This is the same guy who doesn't want to go after people for rioting & looting, yet he wants to go after people for not wearing masks?!?!
June 26th, 2020 at 10:28:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I think its absurd that some Nascar fans need to fly a certain flag to enjoy a race. Take the Allman brothers band, the greatest southern rock band. Love Jaimoe, their black drummer. They had a deep respect for the Black bluesmen that proceeded them. A lot of southern pride at Allman brothers shows in the south and not a single Confederate flag in sight. It's not banned, its acknowledged that it's not welcome due to the Allman Brother's stance. If it bothers their friends, band member and bluesmen they revere, it bothers them.
There is the pirate flag game. You put one up, expect it to be taken. If you find it flying elsewhere, the game is to get it back.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 26th, 2020 at 11:16:57 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I think its absurd that some Nascar fans need to fly a certain flag to enjoy a race. Take the Allman brothers band, the greatest southern rock band. Love Jaimoe, their black drummer. They had a deep respect for the Black bluesmen that proceeded them. A lot of southern pride at Allman brothers shows in the south and not a single Confederate flag in sight. It's not banned, its acknowledged that it's not welcome due to the Allman Brother's stance. If it bothers their friends, band member and bluesmen they revere, it bothers them.
There is the pirate flag game. You put one up, expect it to be taken. If you find it flying elsewhere, the game is to get it back.

So you fly a pirate flag? The flag of criminals that raped and pillaged as a way of life. That must mean you support raping and pillaging. You also turn it into a game!!!!! Do you have no feelings for anyone that has been raped or pillaged?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 26th, 2020 at 11:18:29 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
So in your mind, a show that's
totally scripted with paid actors, is
exactly the same as a show that
follows police officers around with
live cameras and shoots life as
it happens, those two shows are
exactly the same. Again, your bragging
about having a genius IQ credibility
is getting really thin..

In my mind, one show is primarily for low-intellect white trash and the other show is primarily for low-intellect white trash.

I’m not suggesting that you are low-intellect white trash; I’m merely suggesting that if the crossover appeal exists for them, then it may also exist for you.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 26th, 2020 at 11:21:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Mission146
In my mind, one show is primarily for low-intellect white trash and the other show is primarily for low-intellect white trash.

I’m not suggesting that you are low-intellect white trash; I’m merely suggesting that if the crossover appeal exists for them, then it may also exist for you.

This post is from the guy that started the thread on wrestling. It boggles the mind.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 26th, 2020 at 11:23:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
So you fly a pirate flag? The flag of criminals that raped and pillaged as a way of life. That must mean you support raping and pillaging. You also turn it into a game!!!!! Do you have no feelings for anyone that has been raped or pillaged?

ROTFL
No, I don't fly the pirate flag
I just know about the game. I don't participate in the game because some people are not aware of the game.
I got better things to do at a festival like listen to music instead of protecting or hunting for a pirate flag
because
I've seen things get heated in online videos when somebody claimed theirs was "stolen" not realizing its a game
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 26th, 2020 at 11:24:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
This post is from the guy that started the thread on wrestling. It boggles the mind.

I don’t watch wrestling anymore. Even if I did, it would be slightly more high-brow (generally) than getting entertainment from watching meth busts.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 26th, 2020 at 11:44:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I know. I want to see the IQ
test he brags about, I bet
it was one of the 20 question
internet tests where everybody
has a genius IQ. I've never watched
more than 5 min of wrestling in
my life, it's so fake looking. And
I fully admit I do not have a genius
IQ.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2020 at 12:12:09 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
I know. I want to see the IQ
test he brags about, I bet
it was one of the 20 question
internet tests where everybody
has a genius IQ. I've never watched
more than 5 min of wrestling in
my life, it's so fake looking. And
I fully admit I do not have a genius
IQ.

When did I brag about it? Can you point me to the post? You act like my IQ is something I bring up every ten seconds. You’ve probably brought it up more in the last two weeks than I have in all of my forum posts combined. I’ve never even used it as a trump card in an argument because having a high-IQ doesn’t mean I’m correct about a specific topic.