In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 24th, 2020 at 10:01:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
They were in the process of serving her and then decided to ask her to leave.

A more civil reaction at that point would have been to serve her and politely ask her not to return.

I personally believe the owner did it more to create a scene, but I won't argue with her right to deny service. I just think it lacked civility.

So she wasn’t harassed.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 24th, 2020 at 10:05:34 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Dear Lord...HE was a lower-level employee enforcing a rule put in place by someone else.
Again, he's a police officer who's part of the police state. I don't know why this is so hard for you to figure out.

I don't need you, or anyone else, telling me WHAT they were protesting.
Apparently you do! Because you don't seem to understand that they were protesting the police state!

If a brave citizen chased and caught a mass murderer, you'd be all up in arms if he jaywalked in the process lol. 😂😂
April 24th, 2020 at 10:13:52 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Shrek
If a brave citizen chased and caught a mass murderer, you'd be all up in arms if he jaywalked to do so lol. 😂😂

Your post is just plain ignorant.

Stay away from people's houses. It is simple.

I am all for a citizen helping safely apprehend a criminal...or shooting a person in the act of committing a mass shooting, as another example.

The person that was arrested, if she feels her rights were violated, can head to court and fight it there.

...and, before you write another ignorant comment, please consider that I have problems with rules put in place by both Republicans and Democrats during this crisis. Not all of them, but some of them.
April 24th, 2020 at 10:17:05 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
So she wasn’t harassed.

I believe that she should have been left alone and that she was hassled in front of her family and/or friends. To me, that is harassment.

I am sure you disagree, and that is okay. Think about how you would feel if someone asked you to leave a restaurant after you were seated and being served. It just seems excessive to me.
April 24th, 2020 at 10:18:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I haven't decided if it is improper to protest at someone's home if they happily act like a Alex Jones. He's in the least forced situation of anyone, who may be working as a public servant. Which he is not. I'm also not sure I'd exclude other people who want to put themselves out there as major influencers of public opinion and work independently, as an entity unto themselves.

If you work for an organization, I'd be more likely to protest at your organization. Work for yourself, unto yourself, I might just protest at your house.

Just for the record, I've never protested at anyone's house yet.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2020 at 10:32:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak
I have no idea who Hanoi Jane is, and I’ve never praised her. I am also not a “leftie”

What is plain disgusting is the fact that you support people harassing a police officer and his family at their home, just because he did his job.

Its becoming really obvious that the right’s support for police is just fake virtue signaling.

No, he did not do his job. He violated his oath.
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2020 at 10:33:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I believe that she should have been left alone and that she was hassled in front of her family and/or friends. To me, that is harassment.

I am sure you disagree, and that is okay. Think about how you would feel if someone asked you to leave a restaurant after you were seated and being served. It just seems excessive to me.

I think it is fine.

Righties have no issues with bakers denying gay couples wedding cakes.

I have no issues with lefty restaurant owners denying fat evil press secretaries dinner.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 24th, 2020 at 10:35:45 AM permalink
Shrek
Your post is just plain ignorant.

...and, before you write another ignorant comment
Nope, your comments are actually the ignorant ones.

The person that was arrested, if she feels her rights were violated, can head to court and fight it there.
You're the kind of guy who would have opposed the American colonists and called them "rude" for throwing the Boston Tea Party instead of going to court. 🙄
April 24th, 2020 at 10:40:08 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
No, he did not do his job. He violated his oath.

He enforced the local ordinance after giving multiple verbal warnings.

If you feel the local laws are not constitutional that is something to bring up with City Council. That is not something to stalk random cops about when they are off duty.

Teenagers get taken off basketball courts all of the time for playing after the playground closes at night (sometimes by arrest if they refuse to leave). If you support those circumstance, this is not different. She broke into the park when it was closed and refused to leave.
April 24th, 2020 at 10:41:04 AM permalink
Shrek
Quote: gamerfreak
I am also not a “leftie”