In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 24th, 2020 at 9:27:47 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
The lefties praise Hanoi Jane when she gets arrested for civil disobedience.
+100

Totally forgot about her and how libbies worship her!

Your last line is just plain disgusting.
+100 again

I don't know how the libbies can get away with saying stuff like that. If someone said something like that about gays, the libbies would have a conniption. 🙄
April 24th, 2020 at 9:28:11 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
I totally agree
Those protestors really crossed a line harassing innocent people such as the family and neighbors
Disgusting
As to Sanders, there was no protest, she was refused service
I would not have refused her service but most right wingers believe that business owners should have the right to refuse service to anybody.

If you seat a guest and they do nothing to offend other patrons, they should be served and asked not to return quietly.

If you don't want them in your place, refuse them at the door.

Their right, perhaps, but ignorant.

Here is another example:

"Tuesday night, protesters booed and shouted at Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen as she dined at a Mexican restaurant in Washington, DC."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/23/politics/sarah-sanders-restaurant-kicked-out/index.html

Again, deny them at the door or let them be...civility works both ways.
April 24th, 2020 at 9:29:55 AM permalink
Shrek
Quote: RonC
That should NEVER happen. Going to anyone's home or harassing when they are away from work is out of bounds. Sarah Sanders should not have been harassed in a restaurant and these folks should not gone to anyone's home to protest.

Those are horrible roads to go down. Yes, Sanders was a public official, but protest at her office. Same with the cop.

Um, they were protesting the police state. The libbies who harassed Sarah Sanders did it because they didn't like her. HUGE difference.
April 24th, 2020 at 9:34:03 AM permalink
Shrek
What stupid rule? Closing a playground in the first place. Probably empty most of the time anyhow. People will use their own distancing judgment.

Exactly! I can't believe the crazy things libbies are saying to defend the police state (then again I actually can believe it because they've been brainwashed their whole lives by public education and the media).

It's like passing a dumb law saying that you can't wear tennis shoes. Then someone wears tennis shoes to protest the law and then gets arrested.

And of course libbies would be praising the arrest. 🙄
April 24th, 2020 at 9:48:53 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Shrek
Um, they were protesting the police state. The libbies who harassed Sarah Sanders did it because they didn't like her. HUGE difference.

Um, they were apparently protesting at an individual officer's HOME. That officer met the woman in the course of his duties and followed the directions he was given about the playground being closed.

That is protesting the person, not the "police state".

The appropriate place to protest is at the POLICE HEADQUARTERS or the office of the person who signed the order closing the playground.

The basic idea of being civil would tell us that we don't bother people at their homes or when they are out to dinner with their friends and family.
April 24th, 2020 at 9:52:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Was Sarah Sanders “harassed” at the restaurant or simply denied service? I don’t really remember anything about harassment.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 24th, 2020 at 9:53:17 AM permalink
Shrek
Quote: RonC
That is protesting the person, not the "police state".

Um, that person is part of the "police state". He's not at headquarters and probably drives around all day when he's on duty.

If you can't figure out that they were protesting the police state, I don't know what to tell you man.
April 24th, 2020 at 9:55:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Was Sarah Sanders “harassed” at the restaurant or simply denied service? I don’t really remember anything about harassment.

I think someone said she had cooties.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2020 at 9:57:42 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288

They were in the process of serving her and then decided to ask her to leave.

A more civil reaction at that point would have been to serve her and politely ask her not to return.

I personally believe the owner did it more to create a scene, but I won't argue with her right to deny service. I just think it lacked civility.
April 24th, 2020 at 10:01:03 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Shrek
Um, that person is part of the "police state". He's not at headquarters and probably drives around all day when he's on duty.

If you can't figure out that they were protesting the police state, I don't know what to tell you man.

Dear Lord...HE was a lower-level employee enforcing a rule put in place by someone else. By the descriptions here, he tried NOT to have it come to arrest.

Protest where the rule came from, not the guy or gal doing their job or at their home.

I don't need you, or anyone else, telling me WHAT they were protesting. I don't quibble with their RIGHT to protest the rule. All I am saying is that protest where the rule came from, not at someone's non-governmental home.