In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 24th, 2020 at 11:39:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Yes that is breaking in. If I leave my door unlocked, nobody has a right to come in without consent. She knew that she did not have government consent to be there.

Your house is not open to the public.

Quote:
Sorry, using your children as a shield in a political stunt, that you know will put them in physical danger is not commendable.

If she went there on her own, I would still support her arrest, but I would be like "ok she was making a stupid stunt, but whatever"....
However, bringing your children with the intention to get arrested is just neglect (and borderline abuse) pure and simple....

She was wrong. However, even if you support her (you are wrong), there is no logical excuse to support stalking off duty cops..... There are proper channels to make complaints....

She was peacefully letting her kids use a public playground.
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2020 at 11:47:58 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Yes that is breaking in. If I leave my door unlocked, nobody has a right to come in without consent. She knew that she did not have government consent to be there.

Sorry, using your children as a shield in a political stunt, that you know will put them in physical danger is not commendable.

If she went there on her own, I would still support her arrest, but I would be like "ok she was making a stupid stunt, but whatever"....
However, bringing your children with the intention to get arrested is just neglect (and borderline abuse) pure and simple....

She was wrong. However, even if you support her (you are wrong), there is no logical excuse to support stalking off duty cops..... There are proper channels to make complaints....

AZ in a nutshell :-)
Will defend those on the right breaking a law. Will attack those on the left breaking the same law
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 24th, 2020 at 12:02:02 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
If you think that a law or order is unconstitutional, challenge it in court.

If you get arrested for what you think is enforcement of an unconstitutional law or order, challenge it in court.

Challenge it in the place where the rules were made.

Protest it at the place the rule or law was made...State House, Governor's mansion (that is a public, not private building), The White House, etc.

"Befehl ist Befehl" is a nice Nazi reference, but we have the right here to challenge every rule/law and many get overturned. No one marched anyone into a gas chamber or anything like that; they told her she could not be in a playground.

The only answer the one guy comes up with if you disagree with him is that you are a "libbie"...that is a childish response and funny as a description of my position on issues. I am not even saying that the rule is just or right; just fight it in the right place.
April 24th, 2020 at 12:20:04 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: RonC
Challenge it in the place where the rules were made.

Yep, you're the same type of guy who would have criticized the American colonists for the Boston Tea Party and told them to fight it "in the place where the rules were made".

Thank god the Founding Fathers and the rest of the colonists weren't like you. 🙄
April 24th, 2020 at 12:30:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Your house is not open to the public.

She was peacefully letting her kids use a public playground.

No she went there to get arrested.

It was a staged arrest to cause a point.

She used her children as props and as a shield during her arrest and staging....

Of anyone thinks this is just some innocent mother who accidentally missed all of the rope and warning signs and wandered onto a city owned playground with her kids they are being dishonest.

Her purpose was to get arrested that was her plan from the beginning and she brought her kids to be used as props.

If you do not see the harm in using your kids to stage arrests in a confrontation that you know will likley lead physcial violence and possible weapons, then you are blinded by your support for her.

This was a publicity stunt. She was not there innocently or accidentally.

And, now her followers are using this as a reason to stalk cops off duty. Its absurd.
April 24th, 2020 at 12:33:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
No she went there to get arrested.

It was a staged arrest to cause a point.

You mean like Rosa Parks?
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2020 at 12:34:22 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
AZ in a nutshell :-)
Will defend those on the right breaking a law. Will attack those on the left breaking the same law

I am at least consistent. I dont support all laws. But, I support all police. People who have a problem with the law need to complain through the proper channels.

I think pot should be legal. But, as it is still illegal I will support arrests for pot. (And I don't even some pot)....
April 24th, 2020 at 12:36:58 PM permalink
Shrek
+1,000,000

Oh man, I was gonna write a comment to him, but you just destroyed him with this one!! 👍👍
LOL!! 😂😂

Guys like him and RonC would have told Ms. Parks to "fight it using the proper channels". 🙄
April 24th, 2020 at 12:37:55 PM permalink
Gandler

False comparison. Not being allowed to use playground equipment for a few weeks for sanitation reasons is not the same as systemic abuse of a whole race.

Also, Ms. Parks did not use her children as a shield.

A more apt comparison: It's like when Hamas puts their children in front of their missiles launchers and then when they get injured by return fire they say "look at how oppressive Isreal is"..... She is using her children as props and shields.
April 24th, 2020 at 12:40:06 PM permalink
Shrek
Not being allowed to use playground equipment for a few weeks for sanitation reasons is not the same as systemic abuse of a whole race.

If you don't see how the police state is a total abuse of govt power, I honestly don't know what to tell you man. When they start coming for you, no one's gonna feel sorry for you. 🙄