In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 24th, 2020 at 7:30:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak
You clearly didn’t watch the original video.

One part of the park was closed down, and that was the playground. It was roped off, and the mother tore down the ropes to let her children play.

The officer was very patient with her, explaining the rest of the park was open but the playground was not. Gave her ample opportunity to leave. She started screaming and put her hands behind her back and said “ARREST ME” and then started playing the victim card when she actually got arrested.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Clearly the alt-right only support their boys in blue when they shoot a minority.

Good for her! Stupid rules need to be broken.

The lefties praise Hanoi Jane when she gets arrested for civil disobedience.

Your last line is just plain disgusting.
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2020 at 7:43:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman

What stupid rule? Kids spread it to adults even if it's unlikely they will suffer serious illness themselves. That's why they weren't excluded from social distancing.

Tearing down the rope so others might think it was officially open was stupid and possibly dangerous to others.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2020 at 7:44:27 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: gamerfreak
You clearly didn’t watch the original video.

One part of the park was closed down, and that was the playground. It was roped off, and the mother tore down the ropes to let her children play.

The officer was very patient with her, explaining the rest of the park was open but the playground was not. Gave her ample opportunity to leave. She started screaming and put her hands behind her back and said “ARREST ME” and then started playing the victim card when she actually got arrested.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Clearly the alt-right only support their boys in blue when they shoot a minority.

Yeah she was a moron. She broke into a locked playground. And refused to leave. And demanded arrest.

She was 100% in the wrong. So many people are misconstruing this story. She is just trying to get attention.

I saw that video of the people at the house last night and it sounded like a crowd of Karens after speaking to the manager failed (they apparently stormed city hall like children before harassing him at home...)

The lady was 100% in the wrong. Just a publicity stunt and the right is latching onto it like its the Boston Tea Party.....
April 24th, 2020 at 8:31:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
What stupid rule? Kids spread it to adults even if it's unlikely they will suffer serious illness themselves. That's why they weren't excluded from social distancing.

Tearing down the rope so others might think it was officially open was stupid and possibly dangerous to others.

What stupid rule? Closing a playground in the first place. Probably empty most of the time anyhow. People will use their own distancing judgment.
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2020 at 8:49:46 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Shrek
Protesters in Idaho went to the home of the cop who arrested a mother at a playground for violating the stay at home order. This is only the beginning folks.

That should NEVER happen. Going to anyone's home or harassing when they are away from work is out of bounds. Sarah Sanders should not have been harassed in a restaurant and these folks should not gone to anyone's home to protest.

Those are horrible roads to go down. Yes, Sanders was a public official, but protest at her office. Same with the cop.
April 24th, 2020 at 8:54:59 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
What stupid rule? Closing a playground in the first place. Probably empty most of the time anyhow. People will use their own distancing judgment.

Its common for playgrounds to be closed at certain times (often after 2000-0600), and people who are there then are asked to leave. If they refuse, they get arrested.

Its the same concept as playgrounds and sports fields being closed and locked at night. Just now they have it closed during the day as well, and if you break in and refuse to leave you after verbal warnings, will be arrested. It is a simple concept.

She had multiple warnings, refused to leave, and demanded to be arrested. She 100% deserved to be arrested.
I personally hope she gets prosecuted to the fullest and the City has the guts to stand by the arrest decision.
April 24th, 2020 at 8:57:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Do you herd cats? Ever seen little kids on a playground?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2020 at 9:01:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
That should NEVER happen. Going to anyone's home or harassing when they are away from work is out of bounds. Sarah Sanders should not have been harassed in a restaurant and these folks should not gone to anyone's home to protest.

Those are horrible roads to go down. Yes, Sanders was a public official, but protest at her office. Same with the cop.

I totally agree
Those protestors really crossed a line harassing innocent people such as the family and neighbors
Disgusting
As to Sanders, there was no protest, she was refused service
I would not have refused her service but most right wingers believe that business owners should have the right to refuse service to anybody.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 24th, 2020 at 9:06:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
Its common for playgrounds to be closed at certain times (often after 2000-0600), and people who are there then are asked to leave. If they refuse, they get arrested.

Its the same concept as playgrounds and sports fields being closed and locked at night. Just now they have it closed during the day as well, and if you break in and refuse to leave you after verbal warnings, will be arrested. It is a simple concept.

She had multiple warnings, refused to leave, and demanded to be arrested. She 100% deserved to be arrested.
I personally hope she gets prosecuted to the fullest and the City has the guts to stand by the arrest decision.

Its about multiple people touching the same surfaces
Playground equipment, somebody infected touches, coughs on, sneezes on a hard surface, the virus can get transferred to next person that touches that surface then touches their face.
The golf courses are open where I am but nobody touches any surfaces somebody else has touched. Separate carts. We don't touch the pin.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 24th, 2020 at 9:07:41 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4

I have no idea who Hanoi Jane is, and I’ve never praised her. I am also not a “leftie”

What is plain disgusting is the fact that you support people harassing a police officer and his family at their home, just because he did his job.

Its becoming really obvious that the right’s support for police is just fake virtue signaling.