Original Sin?

May 23rd, 2020 at 2:34:48 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
It’s of no concern as you are one of the last. And we will live in a peaceful world when God is gone. Forever and ever amen. I’ll not bother you anymore, please don’t say you’ll pray for me and don’t actually do it, I find it tremendously offensive.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 23rd, 2020 at 3:10:11 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Mission146
It’s of no concern as you are one of the last. And we will live in a peaceful world when God is gone. Forever and ever amen. I’ll not bother you anymore, please don’t say you’ll pray for me and don’t actually do it, I find it tremendously offensive.

I pray regularly for everyone on this forum. I pray for a return to God. We can't keep having centuries like the last one, which was the bloodiest in all of history at the hands of those who abandoned God, twisted God, and served the secular gods of greed and power.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 23rd, 2020 at 3:18:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
We can't keep having centuries like the last one, which was the bloodiest in all of history at the hands of those who abandoned God

Blame technology, not religion or
lack of it. WWI saw planes and
tanks and submarines used for
the first time. Of course the
casualties would be out of
control. WWII was far worse
than the first war. Blaming it on
religion is naive and a distraction
from the truth.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 23rd, 2020 at 3:20:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Mission146
please don’t say you’ll pray for me and don’t actually do it, I find it tremendously offensive.

What's the difference if they
do it or not, the results are
exactly the same. It's their
time to waste.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 23rd, 2020 at 3:30:56 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
Blame technology, not religion or
lack of it. WWI saw planes and
tanks and submarines used for
the first time. Of course the
casualties would be out of
control. WWII was far worse
than the first war. Blaming it on
religion is naive and a distraction
from the truth.

I'm blaming it on the absence of religion and faith in God. You really think improvements in bullets and guns explain how more people died at the hands of atheistic dictators like Stalin and the like then all the other wars combined? We also made great strides in medical care to care for wounded soldiers and save lives. The truth is the further and further our society gets from God the more violent, chaotic, and confused it becomes.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 23rd, 2020 at 3:45:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
I'm blaming it on the absence of religion and faith in God. You really think improvements in bullets and guns explain how more people died

That WAS the reason. We had the
ability to carpet bomb entire
cities to rubble in WWII. We
had machine guns and flame
throwers and battleships that
could cause huge destruction
in both wars. It would have
happened no matter who was
behind it and did happen in
later wars. It's naive to blame
religion. But you have to, that's
the stance of your Church and
you took a vow to only spew
what they you told to.
May 23rd, 2020 at 3:57:34 PM permalink
FrGamble
I've never heard any official teaching on any of this, have you? I'm just thinking that the amount of war, the ferocity, coupled with improved weapons and atheism made the 20th century so awful in terms of violent bloodshed, sexual slavery, and other atrocities. Do you think it really has nothing to do with athestic governments like the Soviet Union?
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:00:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
I've never heard any official teaching on any of this,

Every Catholic site I've read
says exactly what you say,
almost word for word. That
atheists are the cause of all
the destruction in the 20th
century. That isn't a coincidence
they all say the same thing.
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:24:50 PM permalink
FrGamble
Smart folks those other websites. Let me guess all the atheist sites disagree, is that a coincidence?
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:53:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Smart folks those other websites. Let me guess all the atheist sites disagree, is that a coincidence?

It's the wording they use, identical
to yours. Like you all have a set
of talking points. I always see
things that you have said, almost
word for word.