Original Sin?

April 26th, 2020 at 6:52:54 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: aceofspades
Everyone???
Really - every single living person but EvenBob recognizes it?

I stand corrected, even Evenbob recognizes it. Why do you think he is so upset about the miracles that he is ranting against them?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 26th, 2020 at 7:40:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I stand corrected, even Evenbob recognizes it. Why do you think he is so upset about the miracles that he is ranting against them?

I'm making fun of them not ranting against them. They're funny, they show how minds worked in those days. If Jesus was God these were the kinds of carnival tricks he would do.Im sure as the stories grew they just added more and more miracles, the more miracles the more believable.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 26th, 2020 at 8:10:04 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
I'm making fun of them not ranting against them.

No, you're pretty much ranting, mocking, being crude, mean, and insulting. You really seem to not like those miracles Jesus did because they not only are real, but they have significance for His message, and testify to who He truly is. You, Playboy magazine, and countless others are in a long line of people stretching back to the pages of the Bible trying to make fun of the miracles of Jesus or deny them.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 26th, 2020 at 8:27:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
The list a people making fun of the miracles stretches back a long ways because it's very hard to take them seriously. It would be like taking Jack and the beanstalk as a real event. People then and people now do not go around walking on water, changing water into wine, and feeding 5000 people out of nothing. So when people try and tell you that fairy tales like that are actually real events, they should not be surprised when somebody laughs in their face. I'm not being mean or rude, I'm just telling you like it is. You were taught to take all of this extremely seriously. I was not taught anyting so I just take it for what it is. Made up stories.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 27th, 2020 at 4:47:11 AM permalink
FrGamble
It's okay, I understand. When I am challenged by something I don't understand sometimes I just try to laugh it off like its not important. We all do this. There is no way you can really understand or appreciate the miracles of Jesus Christ without really appreciating the person Himself.
April 27th, 2020 at 10:51:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
It's okay, I understand. When I am challenged by something I don't understand

Where did I say I don't understand.
The miracles didn't happen, natural
laws cannot be broken with the wave
of a hand. Not even a god could
walk on water. The world is not a
comic book where you just suspend
your disbelief and anything is possible.

You are the one that needs to stumble
on some understanding and realize
the rules of physics we live under
can't be shoved aside so you can
pretend myths really happened.
April 27th, 2020 at 10:57:06 AM permalink
FrGamble
You've already said many times that they didn't happen and that they were just magic tricks without any real purpose of teaching or significance behind them. You clearly don't understand.

And God can walk on water, and has.
April 27th, 2020 at 11:24:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
You've already said many times that they didn't happen and that they were just magic tricks without any real purpose of teaching or significance behind them. .

I never said they had no teaching behind them!'
I said they were made up for the PURPOSE of
teaching, like all myths are. We only see a
fraction of the books about Jesus in the
Bible. There were tons of them, over 100,
when the few were selected for the NT.
People churned out fanciful stories about
Jesus by the boatload, with lots of miracles
in them. They had Jesus doing everything
imaginable. What makes you think the
ones they chose to be in the NT are any
more true that the ones that had him
jumping buildings in a single bound or
flying thru the air like Superman.
April 27th, 2020 at 1:16:29 PM permalink
FrGamble
They probably chose the ones that were true.
April 27th, 2020 at 2:03:58 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
They probably chose the ones that were true.

Who chose them and what made them the authority on what was true or false?