Google: People Also Ask

February 14th, 2024 at 10:35:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
No story, except It apparently was bought out by Dairy Queen. Pretty sure they were independent startup at one time. Also, orange drink. I remember it being expensive at the time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2024 at 11:35:46 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
No story, except It apparently was bought out by Dairy Queen. Pretty sure they were independent startup at one time. Also, orange drink. I remember it being expensive at the time.

Orange Julius was good. It reminded me of an egg cream with orange juice.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 15th, 2024 at 4:12:09 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I didn't think Apostolic Succession belief pertained to the Anglican churches. Wrong. I've often said Episcopalians are Catholic in every way except having a Pope, and I guess Church of England is even more so.

>>>

ap·os·tol·ic suc·ces·sion
/ˌapəˈstälik səkˈseSHən/
noun
noun: apostolic succession; plural noun: apostolic successions

(in Christian thought) the uninterrupted transmission of spiritual authority from the Apostles through successive popes and bishops, taught by the Roman Catholic Church but denied by most Protestants. [this is the "Peter was the first Pope" thing except it must be slightly different at least with the Anlicans]
__

Which churches have a valid apostolic succession?

Apostolic succession | Definition, History, Origin ...
The Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Old Catholic, Swedish Lutheran, and Anglican churches accept the doctrine of apostolic succession and believe that the only valid ministry is based on bishops whose office has descended from the Apostles
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 15th, 2024 at 4:33:27 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
My studying about Spiritual Authority, has led me to believe it cannot be a monopoly.

Spiritual Authority can be assigned and taken away, unlike a supernatural Gift.

Any human being can be assigned Spiritual Authority.

But it's not to be taken lightly.

The issue is knowing if a person has the Authority or not.

It's not obvious.

However, some members of the Body of Christ have the ability (a Gift that cannot be taken away) to discern Authority.

So there are two aspects.

Spiritual Authority and Gifts.
February 16th, 2024 at 8:15:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I take this to mean you shouldn't top off the battery if it has more than 80%, and you shouldn't let it get below 20%, for best life

Lithium matters, this isn't necessarily the drill for other batteries

>>>

The ideal charging percentage for lithium-ion batteries is generally between 20% and 80%. Charging within this range helps maximize the battery's lifespan by minimizing stress on the electrodes.
February 19th, 2024 at 12:49:17 PM permalink
odiousgambit
I've managed to convince myself I get a bad reaction from certain mexican spices

Today I'm reeling from indigestion, bad gas, and extra trips to the john after eating at a mexican restaurant that I used to trust. The dish I ordered was totally changed from how it had been made before, in fact I would have to say it was a quite fanciful idea of what that dish was supposed to be like. What I suspect is a new cook, and he's using Puya chiles or Guajillo peppers and/or the hot sauces made from them. YMMV on those, some say they are much the same thing, one hotter than the other.

I say "managed to convince myself" because it actually is very hard to track down what foods don't like you. Look what people with ciliac disease used to go through before gluten got so suspect we all know about it. Or lactose intolerance, that one got sprung on me in these later years of my life and the mystery of it had me blaming a lot of wrong foods for the problems I was having. So it could be the same thing here again ... one problem is, to be more sure about it, you have to do unpleasant experiments on yourself. I can say, generally speaking, I don't have a problem with spicy food, it can in fact be quite hot and usually I'm OK.

>>>

Puya chiles look very similar to the more popular Guajillo. Puyas tend to be a bit smaller and pack more heat (5,000 to 8,000 Scoville Heat Units) than the Guajillos (2,500-5,000 SHU). Puya chiles are considered a medium heat chile while Guajillos a more of a mild chile.
__

Here is a hot sauce to use at your own risk, said to be made from Puyas

February 19th, 2024 at 5:15:46 PM permalink
rxwine
The term “Montezuma’s Revenge” was first used in print in the 1960s1. The earliest citation of it in print that can be found is from the US newspaper The Modesto Bee, in February 1959
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 20th, 2024 at 3:24:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Came across the word 'bowelless' in Mark Twain's "Innocents Abroad"

now it seems someone like Twain might use the word as a slightly more polite version of 'gutless', but it turns out bowelless means the opposite of gutless. What Twain meant can't be discerned from the context for sure, but gutless seems to work better. "I did avoid a critical personal examination into my character by that bowelless committee, but I referred to all the people of high standing I could think of in the community who would be least likely to know anything about me. " [just seems to me that a committee with a 'readiness to take advantage, cutthroat, fierce, merciless' would not be fooled by this tactic]

So I'd say this is a word not to use. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

>>>

What is the meaning of bowelless?

Bowelless - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms | Vocabulary.com
Definitions of bowelless. adjective. ruthless in competition. “bowelless readiness to take advantage” synonyms: cutthroat, fierce merciless, unmerciful.
February 21st, 2024 at 5:43:55 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I was reading about author James Herriot, and was surprised to learn he suffered from depression. It was considered to have been caused by nothing in particular, which is common I think; they called it "endogenous depression" in the article.

Actually, I don't like reading about depression much, it makes me feel like "I'm getting it" like it's 'catching' or something. It isn't something I suffer from [though I'm capable of being sad or bored] and I don't want to catch it, ha ha. If I was to talk to a shrink, I'd bring up other stuff, not depression ... no, I won't get into that.

>>>

endogenous depression meaning?

Endogenous means “from within.” This referred to depression that was not associated with external stress or trauma. Often, it would describe depression that was genetic in origin. Exogenous means “from without.” This referred to depression that came from an external cause, such as a stressful or traumatic event
February 21st, 2024 at 7:53:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Here's your potential diagnosis.

Quote:
The American Psychological Association defines free-floating anxiety as “a diffuse, chronic sense of uneasiness and apprehension not directed toward any specific situation or object.” To put it another way, you might simply feel worried, nervous, and fearful for no clear reason.Mar 9, 2022