ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
It could easily get
to 1970's levels by election day.
No Rudy Giuliani to rescue them
this time. Nothing but good news
for Trump.

Because he will get to return to a burning hellscape when he moves back into Trump Tower next January?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 9th, 2020 at 5:56:07 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
What policies would you suggest to reduce income equality?

I pay more income tax then somebody like Trump
Lets start there
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 9th, 2020 at 5:59:32 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
In the next 4 months NYC will
be back to 1970's crime and
murder stats and they will be
so sick of Dems doing this
to them Trump will take NY.
Just watch and see.

I'll offer anyone stupid enough to take the bet 10-1 odds on any amount of money I can cover that the Democrat nominee wins NY in the 2020 Presidential election. For even money I'll take the Democrat nominee to beat Trump by over 600,000 votes.
July 9th, 2020 at 6:05:09 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
I'll offer anyone stupid enough to take the bet 10-1 odds on any amount of money I can cover that the Democrat nominee wins NY in the 2020 Presidential election. For even money I'll take the Democrat nominee to beat Trump by over 600,000 votes.

Wins NY in the general election? (electoral college).

Those are terrible odds, I would feel bad taking them.

I don't think a dem can ever lose NY.....

Even Clinton crushed Trump and that was "his turf" .....
July 10th, 2020 at 2:53:48 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
I don't think a dem can ever lose NY.....

Most counties in NYS vote Republican, but the majority of voters live in NYC, where native New Yorkers make up less than 50% of the population. 40% are foreign born, and the rest come from other states. The dems get 90% of their votes. Which is why they want open borders, increased immigration and a massive increase in refugee and asylum admissions. Hillary won 79% of the vote in NYC, where she received 1.7 million more votes than Trump. If the election was decided by majority alone, the votes from only four of NYC’s boroughs would have been more than enough to win the election for her.

If the dems sweep on November 3rd, as they expect to do, they will get rid of the EC, and ensure no Republican can ever again be elected President. We who live NYC will rule the rest of you.

Biden is offering free healthcare to illegals. Expect a massive and unstoppable run on our borders, like never before, beginning on Nov. 4.

July 10th, 2020 at 4:28:49 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
If the dems sweep on November 3rd, as they expect to do, they will get rid of the EC, and ensure no Republican can ever again be elected President. We who live NYC will rule the rest of you.]

The EC is part of the Constitution; they can't just take it away...as much as they would like the tyranny of the big cities ruling the whole country because they have no clue about this being a group of States (think small countries) forming a Republic (government with limited power). They have completely forgotten that part, as some Republicans have, and they want to bring more and more power to the Federal government.

The can likely make the millions and millions of illegals into citizens by offering them a path to citizenship that they will make way too easy and will include no penalty for coming here illegally. Those thankful new citizens will vote Democrat for years until they realize that the Democrats are sharing their part of the American Dream with people who don't work and live off the government.

They will continue to forget that they were against unfettered illegal immigration until 1/20/2017 because being "against Trump" was way more important than controlling immigration, working through DACA legislation, etc.

They will also continue to forget that they did nothing for years and years to fix the "racial inequality" and that, even now, they really aren't doing anything about the things that encourage single parent families, correct the educational imbalances and make sure all who want to learn can do so in a safe environment, etc. They take minorities for granted and don't treat them well, but Trump, of course, is the racist.

Biden is offering free healthcare to illegals. Expect a massive and unstoppable run on our borders, like never before, beginning on Nov. 4.

No worries, There will be no illegals once they gain full power. Everyone will be legal and they will have a path to citizenship no matter the cost to our country.
July 10th, 2020 at 4:57:58 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
If the dems sweep on November 3rd, as they expect to do, they will get rid of the EC, and ensure no Republican can ever again be elected President. We who live NYC will rule the rest of you.

Ugh, don't get my hopes up!

Although I'm very skeptical of the Dems' ability to just "get rid of the EC."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 10th, 2020 at 5:12:24 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
Ugh, don't get my hopes up!

Although I'm very skeptical of the Dems' ability to just "get rid of the EC."

Don't worry...there is not an easy way to get rid of it (thankfully):

"Fully overhauling the way the president is selected would take a Constitutional amendment, which would require the votes of two-thirds of the U.S. House of Representatives, two-thirds of the Senate, and three-fourths of the states."

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/22/705627996/abolishing-the-electoral-college-would-be-more-complicated-than-it-may-seem

I can't see 3/4 of the States being dumb enough to support anything so stupid.
July 10th, 2020 at 8:03:52 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
I can't see 3/4 of the States being dumb enough to support anything so stupid.

I can.

Currently, fifteen states, and 53% of the voters support abolishing the EC. The dems can use their left wing media, and send their winged monkeys into the streets at any time to force a change.

It won’t be necessary anyway. They have the numbers. If not by this election, then by 2024, the dems will be permanently entrenched.
July 10th, 2020 at 8:29:44 AM permalink
RonC
I can.

Currently, fifteen states, and 53% of the voters support abolishing the EC. The dems can use their left wing media, and send their winged monkeys into the streets at any time to force a change.

It won’t be necessary anyway. They have the numbers. If not by this election, then by 2024, the dems will be permanently entrenched.

53% of the voters means little unless it brings a majority to all of the state legislative chambers in 38 of 50 states. That is a fairly high bar. They could go for a Constitutional Convention with a bit lower bar.

They may be moving towards what looks like a permanent majority that can't be broken, but they can always screw up enough people's lives to drive people to the other party.