No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

July 10th, 2020 at 8:53:20 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The Plagiarizer in Chief, Joe Biden, gave his economic speech yesterday.

Sounds familiar.

Reduce American dependence on foreign goods.
The future is 'Made in America'.
Tighten loopholes in Buy American laws which corporations circumvent.
Get tough on China. 'They are spending billions on new technologies, while we sit with out them in our ear.'
Fighting unfair trade practices.
Put Americans to work on large infrastructure projects.

July 10th, 2020 at 9:09:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC

They may be moving towards what looks like a permanent majority that can't be broken, but they can always screw up enough people's lives to drive people to the other party.

"Permanent Majorities" can be tough. If the Dems get one the USA is no more. Their abortion loving culture will possibly drive hispanics away, perhaps asians as well. The GOP needs to quit worrying about "upsetting" this or that demo that their political class consultants tell them and use their gut to communicate their positive message. Most of the current crop deserves to lose. Trump showed them how to win and they not just ignore but disdain it.
The President is a fink.
July 10th, 2020 at 10:15:33 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Sure you do. You are foaming at the mouth in your posts.

Isn't it ironic how libbies are the most UNhappy people you will ever meet??

-Look at the gays. They got everything they wanted. They FORCED their definition of marriage on everybody.....they brainwashed an entire generation of young people into accepting their lifestyle...........yet they're still mad at the world!! lol

-Look at the blacks. They have more freedom than any of their ancestors ever had in this country, yet they're just as pissed as the gays!!

-Look at the feminists. They are also more free than women in any other country in the world, yet they harbor as much hate as the blacks and the gays!!

It's freakin insanity man! 😂😂
July 10th, 2020 at 10:22:36 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: SOOPOO
I'll offer anyone stupid enough to take the bet 10-1 odds on any amount of money I can cover that the Democrat nominee wins NY in the 2020 Presidential election. For even money I'll take the Democrat nominee to beat Trump by over 600,000 votes.

What odds are you offering on Trump over Biden in Electoral College Votes?
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 10th, 2020 at 11:23:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Uh oh....

Donny’s NH rally scheduled for tomorrow night has been “postponed” for one or two weeks, according to Kayleigh McEnany.

The WH is claiming it’s because it’s supposed to storm. Others are claiming there just wasn’t enough enthusiasm for a rally there right now and they didn’t want another Tulsa debacle.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 10th, 2020 at 11:41:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek
.they brainwashed an entire generation of young people into accepting their lifestyle...........yet they're still mad at the world!! lol

The more they get, he unhappier
they are. I've read that Gay men
are far more prone to mental
issues that non Gay's, nobody
knows why. Google depression
Gay men and there are a ton
of articles.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 10th, 2020 at 12:15:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
The more they get, he unhappier
they are. I've read that Gay men
are far more prone to mental
issues that non Gay's, nobody
knows why. Google depression
Gay men and there are a ton
of articles.

“Nobody knows why”

lol... that’s funny.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 10th, 2020 at 2:10:26 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: RonC
Don't worry...there is not an easy way to get rid of it (thankfully):

"Fully overhauling the way the president is selected would take a Constitutional amendment, which would require the votes of two-thirds of the U.S. House of Representatives, two-thirds of the Senate, and three-fourths of the states."

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/22/705627996/abolishing-the-electoral-college-would-be-more-complicated-than-it-may-seem

I can't see 3/4 of the States being dumb enough to support anything so stupid.

They both can get rid of it and can't get rid of it. By this, I mean that they can de facto get rid of it.

The unique thing about The Constitution is that it specifies the means by which each state acquires Electoral College votes, but The Constitution itself lacks for a mechanism that forces the EC voters to vote a certain way. It's for that reason that states can essentially decide whether or not they wish to allow for Faithless Electors (EC voters who do not vote for the plurality winner of the state, or district, as applicable).

While states cannot change the concept of the Electoral College or technically get rid of it, it can be circumvented. You would simply have to have enough states that agree (representing 270+ EC votes) to have their Electors bound to the national popular vote. In this scenario, the Electoral College would technically remain, but the winner of the election would be the plurality National popular vote winner.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 10th, 2020 at 2:13:26 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Tanko
I can.

Currently, fifteen states, and 53% of the voters support abolishing the EC. The dems can use their left wing media, and send their winged monkeys into the streets at any time to force a change.

It won’t be necessary anyway. They have the numbers. If not by this election, then by 2024, the dems will be permanently entrenched.

Once upon a time, getting rid of the EC had majority support amongst voters from BOTH parties, but the tides on that turned when one party started actually benefitting from it. The Republicans haven't won the national popular vote for a first-term POTUS since George H.W. Bush in 1988. George W. Bush was the last Republican to win the national popular vote, but that was in his reelection campaign.

I don't support either party and you can most certainly say what you like, but it's actually the Republicans who have changed their tune on this one.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 10th, 2020 at 3:05:39 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: SOOPOO
I'll offer anyone stupid enough to take the bet 10-1 odds on any amount of money I can cover that the Democrat nominee wins NY in the 2020 Presidential election.

One can get 15 to 1 at 5dimes:

New York winner:
Trump +1500
Biden -4500
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber