No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

July 9th, 2020 at 12:44:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan

It's true, I think we spend too much money on police, along with a ton of other things.

Highest incarceration rate in the world doesn't really equate to "land of the free."

You elected a man that said "I alone can fix it". He not only didn't fix it, he made it worse.

He has been fixing his end of it. Not his fault Democrats like criminals more than cops.

Ever consider we have the high incarceration rate because we have more criminals? We of course can de-criminalize drugs. If we do look for the inner cities to be the shooting galleries they were in the early 70s. But then again, the left seems to want to go back to those days.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 12:52:27 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
He has been fixing his end of it. Not his fault Democrats like criminals more than cops.

Ever consider we have the high incarceration rate because we have more criminals? We of course can de-criminalize drugs. If we do look for the inner cities to be the shooting galleries they were in the early 70s. But then again, the left seems to want to go back to those days.

What about making them outright legal and taxed and having stores that just sell them? Not only does it make the Government money, but illegal distribution of drugs would plummet unless getting it by illegal means was just MASSIVELY cheaper. The Government would also be highly incentivized to target the illegal distributors of drugs, as well, because now they're taking away from sales tax revenues.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 9th, 2020 at 12:59:42 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
It's true, I think we spend too much money on police, along with a ton of other things.

Highest incarceration rate in the world doesn't really equate to "land of the free."

You elected a man that said "I alone can fix it". He not only didn't fix it, he made it worse.

So how do we stop the shootings in the Democrat led cities?

Trump does not run the cities and you just keep saying the same silly things over an over again.

The police in any city are the responsibility of the local government. Most of the crimes committed are crimes against State or Local laws.

What have the Democrats done to this point to fix the problem?

"In five years we don't want any police in our neighborhoods"--BLM
July 9th, 2020 at 1:06:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
What about making them outright legal and taxed and having stores that just sell them?

You will still have people shooting up all over. Just look at how many beer cans and booze bottles you find around. Go to SF where they have effectively decided to tolerate it and all the needles lying on the sidewalk.

I have no real issue with the feds selling Blue Sky Meth and Blue Magic heroin anymore. Just keep the users off the dole. Collapse is coming anyhow.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 1:14:33 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Mission146
What about making them outright legal and taxed and having stores that just sell them? Not only does it make the Government money, but illegal distribution of drugs would plummet unless getting it by illegal means was just MASSIVELY cheaper. The Government would also be highly incentivized to target the illegal distributors of drugs, as well, because now they're taking away from sales tax revenues.

That is the theory but not the reality. In Canada we legalized marijuana in Oct 2018. Since then the legal marijuana channel has gained about 1/3 of the market. The illegal market still has the other 2/3rds. Why, because the illegal market is more efficient and can sell it cheaper. Every step of government thought they would make a killing with taxes. Does half the cost of the legal stores count as MASSIVELY cheaper?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 9th, 2020 at 1:15:20 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
So how do we stop the shootings in the Democrat led cities?

Well let's see, elminating poverty in the "richest country" in the world would be a good start. People do crazy sh*t when they're hungry.

But no, we need to make sure income inequality keeps rising. We need to esnure that a smaller percentage of people control all the money being generated. We need to cut people off the safety nets we already have in place.

We need one man being worth 180 billion f**king dollars.

So my fix? Institute policies that reduce the MASSIVE income inequality that has been rising for the last 30 years since voodoo economics was put into place.
July 9th, 2020 at 1:18:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Well let's see, elminating poverty in the "richest country" in the world would be a good start. People do crazy sh*t when they're hungry.

But no, we need to make sure income inequality keeps rising. We need to esnure that a smaller percentage of people control all the money being generated. We need to cut people off the safety nets we already have in place.

So my fix? Institute policies that reduce the MASSIVE income inequality that has been rising for the last 30 years since voodoo economics was put into place.

I guess you haven't noticed that CA, which has the highest taxes, also has about the highest income inequality?

Probably your greed and hate to successful people has blinded you to seeing this.

It also probably blinded you to seeing how even the bottom earners have done better since trickle-down economics was put into place.

Easier to hate people doing better than you I guess.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 1:23:09 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: AZDuffman
I guess you haven't noticed that CA, which has the highest taxes, also has about the highest income inequality?

Probably your greed and hate to successful people has blinded you to seeing this.

It also probably blinded you to seeing how even the bottom earners have done better since trickle-down economics was put into place.

Easier to hate people doing better than you I guess.

I don't hate Jeff Bezos. But I hate the system that enables him. There's a better way.

And the rest of your bulls**t about bottom earners doing better? What are you basing this off? Oh that's right, air conditioners are standard now. I forgot. This was your expert analysis the last time we spoke about it.
July 9th, 2020 at 1:33:05 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

So lets take that $180 billion and divvy it up among the 330 million residents of the US. What will you do with your $545? Should keep you going for almost a week you only need to find another 51 people in the US worth that and your good for a year.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 9th, 2020 at 1:42:29 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: kenarman
So lets take that $180 billion and divvy it up among the 330 million residents of the US. What will you do with your $545? Should keep you going for almost a week you only need to find another 51 people in the US worth that and your good for a year.

Nah. Take the 180 billion and invest it. I'd first start with infrastructure, the closest thing to a free lunch in economics. Republicans of course blocked infrastructure investment under Obama because they knew it would help the country which of course was bad politics for them. Party before country.

Take some of the savings we'll get from de-militarizing the police and invest it in community policing, infrastructure and education.

Require Walmart to pay their employees living wages so the taxpayers aren't subsidizing them with safety nets.

Invest in training programs and vocational education.

Take money out of politics so the people with all the money cease to dictate policy that affects all of us.

And since wages have barely, barely kept up with inflation since the 70s, raise the minimum wage already.