No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

July 9th, 2020 at 9:47:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine

Trump will keep lying about facts and dividing the nation. He will never be a unifier.

(Quote clipped, relevance)

While I don't think it's necessarily likely, I do believe it's at least possible that Trump will become more of a unifier in a second-term, or at least make the attempt. The Republican Party has a changing tide with Trump at all times relative to how the popular opinion of Trump stands and more moderate Republicans have certainly done him no favors. He also (obviously) can not be elected a third time, so my thinking is that his ego might wish to see him become a more generally approved of President by the time he leaves office with his current goal being just to get his base fired up. As soon as November is said and done, he won't really need his base for anything anymore.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 9th, 2020 at 10:27:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Trump is barely capable of moderation. With only John Roberts as a possible opposing vote, Democrats are on a very thin edge already. Ginsberg will be gone. Expect loads of far right decisions.

I think you mean, loads of Constitutional decisions. A good great thing!
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 10:46:30 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Unlike you, I can propose real scares that will definitely happen if you’re Democrat or left

You think there are no real scares on the right?

Defunding the police
Cancel culture overwhelming discourse over ideas

...and others, of course...

Trump is barely capable of moderation. With only John Roberts as a possible opposing vote, Democrats are on a very thin edge already. Ginsberg will be gone. Expect loads of far right decisions.

Did you see how the decisions went today and have gone over the course of this term? I don't fear the court going way left or right with either person as President because I don't think either will be President long enough to replace more than two justices--Trump because he is term limited should he win and Biden because I think he will be a one term President. That one could be wrong, of course...
July 9th, 2020 at 11:19:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

Did you see how the decisions went today and have gone over the course of this term? I don't fear the court going way left or right with either person as President because I don't think either will be President long enough to replace more than two justices--Trump because he is term limited should he win and Biden because I think he will be a one term President. That one could be wrong, of course...

There isn't anything about the court that 4 more years of Trump won't make worse for the Democrats and the left. Replacing Ginsberg will be quite enough. As Fleaswatter was having so much joy in pointing out Trump has been replacing judges at a record rate. Worse than that, he seems happy to let incompetence try to get through, if the person is ideologically aligned.

Defund the police? Really? Reform the police will get some traction. That's about it. Where actual defund the police is used, in that context, there's no way it will last. They can call it what they will, but only reform the police is going to have a chance at all. And that depends on what it is.

And cancel culture will go about as far as well. Which is not very.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 9th, 2020 at 12:00:10 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Defund the police? Really? Reform the police will get some traction.

NYC recently defunded the NYPD by $1.1 billion.

So many members of the NYPD have put in their retirement papers this week, the Department had to limit the number of applicants. Retirement applications up 411%.

Murders, shootings and robberies are up too:

The crime rate is back to the 1996 levels. Thanks to Cuomo and de Blasio.

Murder

Murder

Shooting

Robbery
July 9th, 2020 at 12:12:53 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: Tanko

So many members of the NYPD have put in their retirement papers this week, the Department had to limit the number of applicants. Retirement applications up 411%.

Murder

Murder

Shooting

Robbery

You wanted the law and order President. You got him.

#thanksMAGAts
July 9th, 2020 at 12:29:12 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Tripdufan

#thanksMAGAts

Another statement with lots of statistics but not the meaning behind them.

The cities with the issues are largely run by Democrats. They have been run by Democrats for years. The Democrats refuse offers from the federal government to help, which is their right. The cities allowed rioting. looting, and destruction to take away from the meaningful protests. The cities have "no bail" catch and release policies and allow the revolving door.
July 9th, 2020 at 12:29:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko

Murder

Murder

Shooting

Robbery

Are you trying to prove my point for me? I don't expect defunding itself to be an effective model that will last by itself. Some manner of reform may. That may include some defunding or redistribution.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 9th, 2020 at 12:29:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

#thanksMAGAts

Trump has nothing to do with policing levels in NYC or any other city.

To blame Trump for NYC pols defunding the local cops falls under "making a jerk out of yourself."

When you make such a statement people will not take anything else you say serious again.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 12:34:00 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: AZDuffman

#thanksMAGAts

Trump has nothing to do with policing levels in NYC or any other city.

To blame Trump for NYC pols defunding the local cops falls under "making a jerk out of yourself."

When you make such a statement people will not take anything else you say serious again.

It's true, I think we spend too much money on police, along with a ton of other things.

Highest incarceration rate in the world doesn't really equate to "land of the free."

You elected a man that said "I alone can fix it". He not only didn't fix it, he made it worse.