The City on Fire

June 24th, 2020 at 2:26:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I just watched a statement by Trump about the sentencing for people who attacked Federal monuments. Particularly by the instance yesterday of people trying to talk Andrew Jackson's statue....

I wish state and local governments would have this kind of courage. Instead a mob attacks a statue, most mayors hustle to have city workers take it down...

It sounds like Trump is pushing for 10 years for vandalizing Federal monuments (under Veteran's Memorial Preservation Act), its sad that many govenors will not follow on a state level. The good thing about Federal prisons is no parole (sadly states let people out way too early....)

The government needs to take a firm stand, the more we normalize anti-social behavior and dangerous mob rule, the less centrlized our country becomes.

Vote Biden and you will get the same kind of hustle to remove them.
The President is a fink.
June 24th, 2020 at 4:35:10 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
I just watched a statement by Trump about the sentencing for people who attacked Federal monuments. Particularly by the instance yesterday of people trying to talk Andrew Jackson's statue....

I wish state and local governments would have this kind of courage. Instead a mob attacks a statue, most mayors hustle to have city workers take it down...

It sounds like Trump is pushing for 10 years for vandalizing Federal monuments (under Veteran's Memorial Preservation Act), its sad that many govenors will not follow on a state level. The good thing about Federal prisons is no parole (sadly states let people out way too early....)

The government needs to take a firm stand, the more we normalize anti-social behavior and dangerous mob rule, the less centrlized our country becomes.

Jackson owned 300 slaves in his lifetime. He owned as many as 150 at a single time. His statue is coming down, and his portrait will be removed from the $20 bill.

Black Lives Murder and Antifa are the winged monkeys of the democrat party.

President Biden will have no choice but to reward them for their services by removing Jackson, and other statues.

June 24th, 2020 at 5:28:34 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
Jackson owned 300 slaves in his lifetime. He owned as many as 150 at a single time. His statue is coming down, and his portrait will be removed from the $20 bill.

Black Lives Murder and Antifa are the winged monkeys of the democrat party.

President Biden will have no choice but to reward them for their services by removing Jackson, and other statues.

It does not matter how many slaves somebody owns. It matters that a mob tried to use violence to remove a government owned statue without permission....
June 24th, 2020 at 5:41:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
No, FAKE. Unless the guy was too stupid to notice how a garage door worked.

Perhaps it would help if you bothered to read the story before declaring it "fake"...the label "fake" came in early from racists; I follow NASCAR and the Richard Petty team for which Bubba Wallace drives. The shear amount of racist comments directed towards him on social media have been sickening. He actually didn't do anything but react to something that he was told happened by NASCAR, after the noose was reported to them by a crew member.

Drivers are not even allowed near the cars in the garage at this point; they stay in their motor homes until they are called to the starting grid. This is not normal; they usually have practices and qualifying, but now they just get in the car for the actual race.

There was exactly one stall with a noose-looking know tied in it; that happened to be assigned to the 43 team. Someone noticed it, and reported it. An investigation ensued and a proper outcome was found. It was a mistake, not a fake story.
June 24th, 2020 at 5:47:59 AM permalink
RonC
It does not matter how many slaves somebody owns. It matters that a mob tried to use violence to remove a government owned statue without permission....

Exactly...until the order is properly given to remove the statue, these people vandalizing them and trying to tear them down are criminals.

They know it and their supporters no it.

If you support change without criminal acts, fine. If you support these criminals, you are silently (or maybe loudly) complicit in their crimes.

Let Biden and the Democrats campaign on removing statues. When elected, they can pass the necessary rules and laws to remove them.

Not that they really care. They won't even support DEBATE on Tim Scott's bill on police reform. Not wanting anything seen as a Republican victory on an issue is more important to them than actually changing anything.

Perhaps it always is...they supported many of the things that broke up the poor families; many among those are people of color.
June 24th, 2020 at 5:51:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC
Perhaps it would help if you bothered to read the story before declaring it "fake"...the label "fake" came in early from racists; I follow NASCAR and the Richard Petty team for which Bubba Wallace drives. The shear amount of racist comments directed towards him on social media have been sickening. He actually didn't do anything but react to something that he was told happened by NASCAR, after the noose was reported to them by a crew member.

Drivers are not even allowed near the cars in the garage at this point; they stay in their motor homes until they are called to the starting grid. This is not normal; they usually have practices and qualifying, but now they just get in the car for the actual race.

There was exactly one stall with a noose-looking know tied in it; that happened to be assigned to the 43 team. Someone noticed it, and reported it. An investigation ensued and a proper outcome was found. It was a mistake, not a fake story.

No, it is not a "mistake." Whether it "looked like a noose" or not does not matter. It was race baiting. It was fake. It was for the garage door. Any competent adult would be able to see this.

This is no different than the airhead who made an upset tweet over the "KKK" on a baseball scoreboard. Just people looking to be offended when someone of even average intelligence can point out what is really going on.

Too many people spending their time looking for racism in this country instead of doing something productive.

The President is a fink.
June 24th, 2020 at 6:33:06 AM permalink
RonC
No, it is not a "mistake." Whether it "looked like a noose" or not does not matter. It was race baiting. It was fake. It was for the garage door. Any competent adult would be able to see this.

This is no different than the airhead who made an upset tweet over the "KKK" on a baseball scoreboard. Just people looking to be offended when someone of even average intelligence can point out what is really going on.

Too many people spending their time looking for racism in this country instead of doing something productive.

Again, it was not "fake"...it was a "noose" but it was not a "hate crime" because exactly one out of forty stalls in the garage had a noose tied in the garage door pull. That stall, by some random selection, ended up being assigned to the 43 team. It was not reported by Bubba Wallace; it was reported as I mentioned earlier.

Your "average intelligence" comment and your meme show that your mind is not open to a mistake.

The incident was unfortunate but not done on purpose by anyone.

One former driver's son said early something in the line of him wishing that Bubba was dragged around by the noose.

I guess that is race baiting, too.
June 24th, 2020 at 7:33:44 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
It matters that a mob tried to use violence to remove a government owned statue without permission....

If you think that was bad, wait until election night, when they celebrate the defeat of the President that gave them their lowest unemployment rate in history.

“They are beyond the pale, many of those people. Beyond the pale.” And it’s a sad commentary on society. We have no choice, but to take them out of society.”

"If we don't, they will, or a portion of them, will become the predators fifteen years from now." - Joe Biden the Prophet 1994

June 24th, 2020 at 8:16:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC

Your "average intelligence" comment and your meme show that your mind is not open to a mistake.

Because I do not believe it to be a "mistake." I believe it to be someone waiting to be offended at something. No matter who reported it there is no reason that the first-line NASCAR rep should not have said, "Hey, stupid, it is for the garage door!" Instead a literal federal case was made about it.

And this is why white folks like myself tend to ignore complaints of "racism." Because after you hear so many false claims you just hear "WOLF AMONG THE SHEEP!"
The President is a fink.
June 24th, 2020 at 8:24:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

And this is why white folks like myself tend to ignore complaints of "racism." Because after you hear so many false claims you just hear "WOLF AMONG THE SHEEP!"

I'm white and don't ignore them. You investigate them and something that is racist either did happen or did not happen. In this case, it did not happen, so that's good.

I agree that if you're in a heightened type of environment that makes you more prone to be looking for something, then you're more likely to find it where it is not...but that's true of anything. The media basically relies on that on both sides, or you wouldn't even have political opinion shows, they would just flatly report events that happen and the language of Congressional bills that have been introduced, verbatim and without any spin.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman