The City on Fire

June 24th, 2020 at 4:11:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
You pay attention to the clowns that post there?
lol

Yes.

Because they are winning.
June 24th, 2020 at 4:32:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
Yes.

If you think that you are really
lost. Every day that goes by
with this nonsense is another
notch in their belt of doom.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 24th, 2020 at 4:40:44 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Evenbob
If you think that you are really
lost. Every day that goes by
with this nonsense is another
notch in their belt of doom.

You are sheltered from reality if you think that is true.

Their social movement is "reforming" government at every level. The Democrats have been protecting them, and now some Republicans are. Soon it will be bipartisan. They are winning. Their antics are working.

They are getting statues tore down. They are getting legislation pushed through that they probably don't understand. They are getting media support. They are being taken seriously.

It's like the kids are running the school (in some cases that is exactly the case....)

I despise Trump. But, the one reason that makes me even consider voting for him over Biden will depend on Biden's response, and sadly the 1993 anti-crime Biden seems to be a thing of the past, hopefully he can redeem himself
June 24th, 2020 at 4:44:22 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
You are sheltered from reality if you think that is true.

Their social movement is "reforming" government at every level. The Democrats have been protecting them, and now some Republicans are. Soon it will be bipartisan. They are winning. Their antics are working.

They are getting statues tore down. They are getting legislation pushed through that they probably don't understand. They are getting media support. They are being taken seriously.

It's like the kids are running the school (in some cases that is exactly the case....)

I despise Trump. But, the one reason that makes me even consider voting for him over Biden will depend on Biden's response, and sadly the 1993 anti-crime Biden seems to be a thing of the past, hopefully he can redeem himself

You don’t HAVE to vote for one or the other, you know.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 24th, 2020 at 5:12:23 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Mission146
You don’t HAVE to vote for one or the other, you know.

Of course. But, third parties or write-ins are a waste of a vote. And, honestly there are not even any compelling alternatives this election.
June 24th, 2020 at 6:04:40 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Of course. But, third parties or write-ins are a waste of a vote. And, honestly there are not even any compelling alternatives this election.

Self-fulfilling prophecy and Jo Jorgensen, in that order.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 24th, 2020 at 6:15:50 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Mission146
Self-fulfilling prophecy and Jo Jorgensen, in that order.

She is right on nucleaur power and that's about it.

Her idea of open borders is madness.... There are plenty of other terrible ideas... I can go through her other points, but that alone should be disqualifying from being taken seriously....
June 24th, 2020 at 6:41:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Yes.

If we go on how laws get changed in states, cities towns, someone is always winning somewhere. Every political movement has strongholds, so to speak.

Federal level legislation can be significant. That's what I keep my eye on. All else is local.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 24th, 2020 at 7:02:33 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
If we go on how laws get changed in states, cities towns, someone is always winning somewhere. Every political movement has strongholds, so to speak.

Federal level legislation can be significant. That's what I keep my eye on. All else is local.

Local is what matters. Many of these policies are determined at a local level.
June 24th, 2020 at 7:28:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Local is what matters. Many of these policies are determined at a local level.

Some would consider where they live near paradise if only the Christian god was worshiped, Democrats were few, gays were invisible, minorities knew their place, women weren't mouthy feminists, pro-life was the only choice, etc., etc.,

Everyone can feel threatened by some other local legislation. It's not just unique to you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?