The City on Fire

May 30th, 2020 at 3:00:23 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: AZDuffman
Need to surround with buses like Nixon did maybe?

Still got a spot in your bunker AZD? This shit scares me way more than the Covid. One false move by either side and the streets are going to be running red.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 30th, 2020 at 3:16:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Personally I feel that the unadulterated hate that people feel it is okay to express on in public including the MSM and this forum is part of the cause of these riots. The politician that you supported wasn't elected. That somehow makes it okay to throw simple human decency out the window and express your unhappiness in the most vile and ever worsening words you can come up with. That behaviour just fuels the riots and deaths that are going on now. It is suddenly okay to burn a police van while the officer is in it. It will be interesting to see if they can get enough people to DC tonight to successfully storm the Whitehouse and burn it to the ground.

Last night (as I had another long drive) I was listening to Dan Savage (I know his last name is Savage anyway)

He was calling all of this fueled by leftist and media, specifically mentioning CNN calling it evil. Meanwhile, protestors were attacking and trying to get into the CNN building in Atlanta.

You mean a conservative radio host was fueling that rage?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 30th, 2020 at 3:27:46 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
Last night (as I had another long drive) I was listening to Dan Savage (I know his last name is Savage anyway)

He was calling all of this fueled by leftist and media, specifically mentioning CNN calling it evil. Meanwhile, protestors were attacking and trying to get into the CNN building in Atlanta.

I am against public over the top rhetoric of hate by anybody of any political stripe. I would say I certainly currently see more of it from the side of "tolerance and inclusability" now than the other side.

If protestors broke through to the Whitehouse grounds and were gunned down to save them from burning it down would you be against the police for over reacting? Just wondering where your line is.
May 30th, 2020 at 3:34:00 PM permalink
rxwine

I am against public over the top rhetoric of hate by anybody of any political stripe. I would say I certainly currently see more of it from the side of "tolerance and inclusability" now than the other side.

If protestors broke through to the Whitehouse grounds and were gunned down to save them from burning it down would you be against the police for over reacting? Just wondering where your line is.

It was burned down once already (as a matter of fact)

Anyway, I don't want massive life loss even to save the White House. And also, I think they should recruit the necessary manpower to defend it. You can't always control where a crowd goes next, but you can lay down enough non-lethal force to turn back people from one place.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 30th, 2020 at 3:39:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Although if people show up with guns, a lot of people would be firing live ammunition back at them in self-defense. And that's not as much about saving property as saving the lives of people required to protect it. Be lots of dead people though.
May 30th, 2020 at 4:08:07 PM permalink
rxwine
There might be some tactics police could use to control the protests. Let people through the perimeter, but confiscate all food. (you gonna stay all day and all night without eating?) I'd say water, but that could be lawsuit worthy.
May 30th, 2020 at 4:11:15 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Damn, SOOPOO is on a roll today!!! 👏👏👏

Quote: SOOPOO
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

I watched the 26 second clip! You are comparing throwing someone 'hard' into a squad car who just committed murder to an ACTUAL case of police brutality??

Quote: SOOPOO
But I'll tell you what, I'll bet you that less than 2% of the lawless rioters will be Trump supporters? Would you take that bet?

Here's his answer 🤣🤣

May 30th, 2020 at 4:36:41 PM permalink
kenarman

It was burned down once already (as a matter of fact)

Yes that was when Canada kicked your ass in the war of 1812.
May 30th, 2020 at 4:53:22 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Downtown Seattle on fire right now. Multiple cars destroyed, Nordstrom being destroyed right now. Protesters lining up blocking I-5 in both directions.
May 30th, 2020 at 5:04:56 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
I hope EVERY independent voter in America is watching the riots and puts 2 & 2 together.
This is why you NEVER EVER EVER want libbies running your city/state.

The overwhelming majority of violence is happening in LIBBIE CITIES that are run by LIBBIE MAYORS in states that elect LIBBIE SENATORS and have LIBBIE GOVERNORS in charge!!

Wake up America!! Again, this is why you NEVER EVER EVER want libbies in charge!!!