The City on Fire

May 30th, 2020 at 5:08:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
I hope EVERY independent voter in America is watching the riots and puts 2 & 2 together.
This is why you NEVER EVER EVER want libbies running your city/state.

The overwhelming majority of violence is happening in LIBBIE CITIES that are run by LIBBIE MAYORS in states with LIBBIE SENATORS and have LIBBIE GOVERNORS in charge!!

Wake up America!! Again, this is why you NEVER EVER EVER want libbies in charge!!!

I live in one of the most liberal towns in America. The entire city government is run by liberals. My governor is a liberal. Both my senators are Democrats.

No violence in my town.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 30th, 2020 at 5:09:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I am thinking this is the worst since MLK was shot. Anyone on here can say how this compares?
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2020 at 5:19:56 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
This is clearly defining what cities not to live in. I am waiting to see which police department is willing to use lethal force to protect the lawful citizens of that city and the property of those lawful citizens. I would not be surprised to have it be the secret service /DC police in tandem.
May 30th, 2020 at 5:30:08 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I live in one of the most liberal towns in America. The entire city government is run by liberals. My governor is a liberal. Both my senators are Democrats.

No violence in my town.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I live in Tampa
All protests peaceful
How many protests have there been across the country. Have to imagine any city of size has had protests
In Tampa , no violence and we had several protests in the area.
Maybe less then 1% have turned violent across the country.
With Trump as a President, this is all inevitable.
Most divisive President ever.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 30th, 2020 at 5:34:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
I live in Tampa
All protests peaceful
How many protests have there been across the country. Have to imagine any city of size has had protests
In Tampa , no violence and we had several protests in the area.
Maybe less then 1% have turned violent.

Republican Governor... (just teasing).... Of course most non-violent protests won't get the press coverage that the looting ones get.
May 30th, 2020 at 5:47:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
They blocked off roads into Minneapolis. Seeing as how outsiders have no stake in what happens in the area, it's at least a good idea. How effective at this point, no telling.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 30th, 2020 at 5:55:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
IMO, if you want to do the best thing as a peaceful protester, when you start to see increasing violence, you leave the area.

If all the peaceful protestors leave, it exposes the violent people. When calm is restored you go back. Rinse repeat.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 30th, 2020 at 6:45:29 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
IMO, if you want to do the best thing as a peaceful protester, when you start to see increasing violence, you leave the area.

If all the peaceful protestors leave, it exposes the violent people. When calm is restored you go back. Rinse repeat.

Can't argue with that RX good advice.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 30th, 2020 at 6:47:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
How you suppose this is going to be for employers wanting to hire in a couple months when bonus UI runs out?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 30th, 2020 at 7:09:57 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Buffalo apparently now under siege. "University Plaza" area being looted. There is one nice upscale mall just outside the city in Cheektowaga. Called Walden Galleria. Has been closed during the pandemic. Apparently the hoodlums are circling it, like wolves surrounding a weakened buffalo. The Cheektowaga police are trying to fight them off with rubber bullets and the like. I would think they are authorized to use lethal force if the looters break through the perimeter. We shall see. At least when you protest near city hall or other government office there is a pretense of trying to make a point. WHen you gather around a closed mall, gee, I wonder why you picked that location. Free sneakers!

Maxine Waters was just interviewed on MSNBC. She said, when asked about the looting, that the young people she spoke with define looting as the banks charging predatory interest rates in her district! Gee, I wonder if those rates will be dropping in those fine neighborhoods!