The City on Fire

May 30th, 2020 at 7:19:16 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I saw some nonsense on the news about how its not appropriate to call them looters because that is a politicized word and the wrong definition.

That is why I have been referring to them as pillaging and raiders.
In a way they are like pirates (but the lack of water makes that word not work), pillaging, raping, plundering, and raiding....
May 30th, 2020 at 7:24:57 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Google Korboi Balla.

Black firefighter, just put his life savings into a bar in...... Minneapolis....... didn't insure it.... likely because it would be too expensive because of exactly which neighborhood it was in....

The bar does not exist anymore....... Hopefully Mr. Balla learns that police brutality must be paid for ...... by a Black firefighter.....

Since it has made the news I'll bet Oprah or some other attention seeker will rebuild it for him.....

If it gets rebuilt, I will be completely unconcerned with who finances the rebuilding. Let’s hope so.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 30th, 2020 at 7:28:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
If it gets rebuilt, I will be completely unconcerned with who finances the rebuilding. Let’s hope so.

He has a gofund me campaign I heard.
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2020 at 8:54:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Taylor Swift

@taylorswift13

After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? ‘When the looting starts the shooting starts’??? We will vote you out in November. @realdonaldtrump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/taylor-swifts-trump-takedown-is-her-most-popular-tweet-ever/ar-BB14Oh6w
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 30th, 2020 at 9:34:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Taylor Swift

@taylorswift13

After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? ‘When the looting starts the shooting starts’??? We will vote you out in November. @realdonaldtrump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/taylor-swifts-trump-takedown-is-her-most-popular-tweet-ever/ar-BB14Oh6w

I may disagree with Swift, but THAT is how to respond to such events, not destroying RANDOM stores and lives. Spread your message and vote out those responsible.

As you OF COURSE know, the local police are under state and local officials authority. I'm sure Swift will be hoping to vote out the Democrat leadership at all levels in Minnesota? By the way, when was the last time you heard of police brutality by a police agency that would be under Trump's purview? I'm waiting....

(Actually, I would guess someone will find one somewhere, but it is certainly the exception compared to the rule.)

Was the NYC killing done with a Democrat Mayor (DeBlasio) and a Democrat Govenor (CUOMO)?
May 30th, 2020 at 9:37:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Google Korboi Balla.

Black firefighter, just put his life savings into a bar in...... Minneapolis....... didn't insure it.... .

From someone who owned a bar,
really really really REALLY stupid.
Liability insurance alone is a must,
what an idiot. He must have not
had a mortgage, they always include
insurance as part of the mortgage
payment.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 30th, 2020 at 9:56:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
From someone who owned a bar,
really really really REALLY stupid.
Liability insurance alone is a must,
what an idiot. He must have not
had a mortgage, they always include
insurance as part of the mortgage
payment.

Good points. I wouldn't be surprised if the story is partly a lie, and the 'no insurance' part really does sound fishy.
May 30th, 2020 at 10:14:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Good points. I wouldn't be surprised if the story is partly a lie, and the 'no insurance' part really does sound fishy.

Doesn't most insurance exclude things like riots?
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2020 at 10:55:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
By the way, when was the last time you heard of police brutality by a police agency that would be under Trump's purview? I'm waiting....

He encourages it
(Taking a page from ridiculous soopoo playbook) Oooh. Knock out. Soopoo down for the count. LOL
Of course this is no knockout. Just a logical counterpoint.
There are no knockouts on a forum. That's an absurdity started by Shrek. Don't really get his or her or its point.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 30th, 2020 at 11:14:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
As you OF COURSE know, the local police are under state and local officials authority. I'm sure Swift will be hoping to vote out the Democrat leadership at all levels in Minnesota? By the way, when was the last time you heard of police brutality by a police agency that would be under Trump's purview? I'm waiting....

Bet you a dollar that cop with knee on the neck wasn't a liberal. Bet you 2 dollars he was a Trump supporter.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?