The City on Fire

May 29th, 2020 at 7:26:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Looks like we might have a case where Floyd died of something, but not directly of strangulation. At least, that's what I thought I just heard.

So, what's the status, if say, someone dies of a heart attack while being restrained? If the guy was in the back seat and dies, I don't think there is any charge against the police at all. But we hear the guy complaining and the guy has his knee on his neck.

With the police often getting the benefit of the doubt (in my opinion) this could still possibly end in an acquittal.

I think that comes down to forensics. Say he had a heart attack, that was cause of death instead of choking. Well then Murder 3 falls to Criminally Negligent Homicide. That is just a 2-3 year bit in a camp. Though I doubt a cop goes anywhere in gen pop.

How I read it if that is what happened. I have not been following it. Lets see if they call in Cyril Wecht.
The President is a fink.
May 29th, 2020 at 11:56:05 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
Fascinating video of the protest
A white man using a hammer to bust out auto zone windows is confronted by protesters.
The reports are this is an undercover police officer

"Jake Peterson (others say Jacob Pederson) of the St. Paul PD is outed as the individual who smashed the windows at AutoZone."

The Police Department said that is not him...

Don't put a lot of stock in the posting of a bitter ex....
May 30th, 2020 at 12:03:24 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
I'll fix that. Eh, watching a citizen die at police hands for no obvious reason pretty much (ALLOWED CRIMINALS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW WHO AND WHAT THEY REALLY ARE)

And another SLAM on the libbie by SOOPOO!!

This is what just happened to the libbie! 🤣🤣

May 30th, 2020 at 12:16:06 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
So is this sweet irony or what?????

Protesters storm CNN building in furious Atlanta protest
The same libbie cockroaches that CNN supports have now turned against them LOL!! 🤣🤣🤣

Even Trump is getting a kick out of it haha!!

Donald Trump gloats about riot at CNN's Atlanta HQ as he retweets supporter who said attack was 'ironic' because it was carried out by 'the very riots they promoted as noble'
May 30th, 2020 at 3:54:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
If you are close you need to get in the VFW poker game.

Thanks for the invite! I’ll PM you for specifics one day in the next few weeks. I’ve got a pretty tight schedule until then.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 30th, 2020 at 4:00:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
Thanks for the invite! I’ll PM you for specifics one day in the next few weeks. I’ve got a pretty tight schedule until then.

It is closed for at least another week anyways, and I suspect it will take weeks to get back up to speed but please do, we need new blood.
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2020 at 4:03:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Looks like we might have a case where Floyd died of something, but not directly of strangulation. At least, that's what I thought I just heard.

So, what's the status, if say, someone dies of a heart attack while being restrained? If the guy was in the back seat and dies, I don't think there is any charge against the police at all. But we hear the guy complaining and the guy has his knee on his neck.

With the police often getting the benefit of the doubt (in my opinion) this could still possibly end in an acquittal.

Third degree, as I predicted

Third degree murder charge and second degree manslaughter. 10-25 years range in sentence.
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2020 at 4:10:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Right-wing hypocrisy at its finest.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 30th, 2020 at 6:39:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Google Korboi Balla.

Black firefighter, just put his life savings into a bar in...... Minneapolis....... didn't insure it.... likely because it would be too expensive because of exactly which neighborhood it was in....

The bar does not exist anymore....... Hopefully Mr. Balla learns that police brutality must be paid for ...... by a Black firefighter.....

Since it has made the news I'll bet Oprah or some other attention seeker will rebuild it for him.....
May 30th, 2020 at 6:48:02 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Take a look at the bright side of it. Counterfeiting is way down in Minneapolis the last few days.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.