No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

10 members have voted

August 15th, 2020 at 9:47:51 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Just look at the mask bullies out there. The number who are fine with staying closed.

+100
August 15th, 2020 at 10:42:32 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Don't be so quick there. Just look at the mask bullies out there. The number who are fine with staying closed. .

Covid will disappear on election day.
Bet on it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 15th, 2020 at 12:31:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Covid will disappear on election day.
Bet on it.

Day after actually. This whole thing might end up a bigger fraud than global warming at this rate.
The President is a fink.
August 15th, 2020 at 12:43:33 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Day after actually. This whole thing might end up a bigger fraud than global warming at this rate.

I’m sorry AZ, but I really feel bad for you. Do you not believe over 100,000 have died from it, and tens of thousands more are permanently marred from it? Are you also a flat-earther?

If you want to say governments over react to it... fine!
If you want to say politicians use it to increase their power... fine!
If you want to attack our response to it... fine!

But calling it a fraud makes you just look foolish to all. Is that your goal?
August 15th, 2020 at 12:51:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
I’m sorry AZ, but I really feel bad for you. Do you not believe over 100,000 have died from it, and tens of thousands more are permanently marred from it? Are you also a flat-earther?

If you want to say governments over react to it... fine!
If you want to say politicians use it to increase their power... fine!
If you want to attack our response to it... fine!

But calling it a fraud makes you just look foolish to all. Is that your goal?

I believe the death numbers are seriously over counted. Perhaps as much as 50% when you consider adding china virus as a contributing cause makes it THE cause.

I believe it is nowhere near what they are telling us. If it is then I believe there is something they are not telling us.

I believe we should have opened back up months ago and let it run its course.

I believe the lockdowns are mostly political.

I believe if you have to be tested to know you have it then it is not so bad.

I believe had we let it run its course we would be getting herd immunity by now. I believe the depression they are causing will be far worse than the virus.

I believe they will try all of this again for some new virus in a few years.
The President is a fink.
August 15th, 2020 at 1:17:14 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
As a prediction, liberals will one day suggest or ask that we delay elections so "they can legislate without having to worry about re-election." Watch for that one!

News for you...Trump already did that...last week.
August 17th, 2020 at 5:54:30 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
1.) I believe the death numbers are seriously over counted. Perhaps as much as 50% when you consider adding china virus as a contributing cause makes it THE cause.

2.) I believe it is nowhere near what they are telling us. If it is then I believe there is something they are not telling us.

3.) I believe we should have opened back up months ago and let it run its course.

4.) I believe the lockdowns are mostly political.

5.) I believe if you have to be tested to know you have it then it is not so bad.

6.) I believe had we let it run its course we would be getting herd immunity by now. I believe the depression they are causing will be far worse than the virus.

7.) I believe they will try all of this again for some new virus in a few years.

(Numbers added to quote to avoid multi-quoting)

1.) Agree and disagree. I agree to the extent that it's possible that COVID is listed as a secondary cause of death in situations where that might be debatable (as in, they died, and just happened to have COVID at the time). I disagree to the extent that COVID may be listed as a secondary cause in cases where the COVID exacerbated the primary cause of death, and in those cases, would be fairly counted as also a COVID death, imho.

2.) Hard to say. You'd have to offer a much more specific statement here for me to give an opinion.

3.) I wouldn't have completely closed everything to begin with.

4.) I won't argue against this since you used the qualifier, "Mostly."

5.) Is cancer also not that bad?

6.) I don't completely agree with that, except I do agree we wouldn't have taken such a hard economic hit. I'm not well-enough versed on herd immunity to offer a definitive opinion, which also would have to assume that reinfection is not possible. If there is no reinfection, then I agree that we would certainly be closer to herd immunity than we are now.

7.) I don't know what there is to support this statement, unless you think this unspecified, 'They,' are going to create and release an entirely new virus. You kind of have to have a virus first.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 17th, 2020 at 6:32:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146

2.) Hard to say. You'd have to offer a much more specific statement here for me to give an opinion.

It is hard to get specific here because we are talking hiding something at a very high level. IOW, giving a story to avoid some kind of general panic. Best example I can think of in a pinch is think of an auto recall. They say something to cover up the big thing. Like when the Ford Pinto had the fuel filler neck that ripped off in an accident. They told us one thing, later we learned Lee Iacocca set cost standards they had to cut corners to meet.

So I am saying they are either inflating the danger to see what they can get away with in terms of taking rights away. OR they know something about it (that might make a vaccine impossible for example) but to tell the real story would create panic far greater than we now see.

Obviously I cannot say exactly what they might know, I can just say we have had virus and health scares before without all of what we have seen this time. Ask yourself why.

Quote:
7.) I don't know what there is to support this statement, unless you think this unspecified, 'They,' are going to create and release an entirely new virus. You kind of have to have a virus first.

No shortage of viruses to choose from. The "what" is not as important as the "why." For example, look at how many people are literally afraid to handle money lest it carry the virus. Do it again and get more fear. Then they can make the push for a cashless society. That is just one example.

Ask the "why" not the "what." Always.
The President is a fink.
August 17th, 2020 at 6:40:30 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
It is hard to get specific here because we are talking hiding something at a very high level. IOW, giving a story to avoid some kind of general panic. Best example I can think of in a pinch is think of an auto recall. They say something to cover up the big thing. Like when the Ford Pinto had the fuel filler neck that ripped off in an accident. They told us one thing, later we learned Lee Iacocca set cost standards they had to cut corners to meet.

So I am saying they are either inflating the danger to see what they can get away with in terms of taking rights away. OR they know something about it (that might make a vaccine impossible for example) but to tell the real story would create panic far greater than we now see.

Obviously I cannot say exactly what they might know, I can just say we have had virus and health scares before without all of what we have seen this time. Ask yourself why.

That seems pretty speculative. This smells more like an overreaction to me than it does some high-level conspiracy. Tom Wolf wouldn't let the Blue Jays play their home games in Pittsburgh. I thought the Pittsburgh Blue Jays would have been neat...I was hoping they'd ask the team to have the front of their uniforms say, "Pittsburgh."

I know the Jays are 7-11, but that's still considerably better than our ACTUAL baseball team.

Quote:
No shortage of viruses to choose from. The "what" is not as important as the "why." For example, look at how many people are literally afraid to handle money lest it carry the virus. Do it again and get more fear. Then they can make the push for a cashless society. That is just one example.

Ask the "why" not the "what." Always.

I get that, but I would think you're still going to have to have a, 'What,' that is easily communicable and has a high-enough death rate.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 17th, 2020 at 7:18:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
That seems pretty speculative. This smells more like an overreaction to me than it does some high-level conspiracy. Tom Wolf wouldn't let the Blue Jays play their home games in Pittsburgh. I thought the Pittsburgh Blue Jays would have been neat...I was hoping they'd ask the team to have the front of their uniforms say, "Pittsburgh."

I know the Jays are 7-11, but that's still considerably better than our ACTUAL baseball team.

That one was silly. Think of how many hotel rooms would have been filled if they did this! 2 teams for 30 games. 30 or more nights, how many players and coaches. And for why? Not one good reason other than politics.

As to our actual team, they are well on the way to making their under the safest bet in baseball this year.

Quote:
I get that, but I would think you're still going to have to have a, 'What,' that is easily communicable and has a high-enough death rate.

For what I am trying to describe, go watch the "Mr X" scene in JFK and what Sutherland is saying. It is exactly what I am trying to convey.
The President is a fink.