No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

10 members have voted

August 18th, 2020 at 10:59:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Can one of the many Trumpers on the forum explain how Kamala Harris is not legally qualified to be vice president?

If a person thought Qualye was not experienced then Kamala fits the same bill.

Personally I think her positions are too dangerous to put her as VP.

EDIT: Didn't see you said "legally." She seems to meet constitutional requirements.
The President is a fink.
August 18th, 2020 at 11:38:25 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Michelle Obama is the one they wanted, and would have been the best choice, but she's not interested.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/07/michelle-obama-for-vice-president.html
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 18th, 2020 at 11:39:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64
Michelle Obama is the one they wanted, and would have been the best choice, but she's not interested.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/07/michelle-obama-for-vice-president.html

That shows how little confidence they have in their bench. Zero experience and zero qualifications but lets elect her on her marrying Barrack.
The President is a fink.
August 18th, 2020 at 11:46:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
If a person thought Qualye was not experienced then Kamala fits the same bill.

Personally I think her positions are too dangerous to put her as VP.

I don’t think “AZDuffman is afraid of the strong black lady” counts as the *legal* reason she wouldn’t be qualified that Wiz was looking for.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 18th, 2020 at 11:57:59 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
Can one of the many Trumpers on the forum explain how Kamala Harris is not legally qualified to be vice president?

She is qualified, she was born here.
Even though her parents werent
citizens at the time, she is one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 18th, 2020 at 1:44:33 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Because when you pick based on gender and skin tone there are few choices left.

I don't like Harris because of her policies, and slightly because of the fact she slept her way to public office. I do think it was a HUGE mistake to announce in advance that the VP pick was going to be a woman, and a 'woman of color' at that. Anyone who says they made no such formal announcement misses the point that they made it clear that was their intent. How much better would it have been to have made NO preconceived elimination round (Buttigieg, O'Rourke, Castro, Sanders) and just, when announcing Harris, proclaim she was the BEST candidate amongst ALL possibilities, not just women of color? We all know she just won the "best available Black woman" VP choice.

I think Harris will be Pence's equal in the unimportant VP debate. The question is, will her selection invigorate Black women to come out and vote, even if it is drizzling that day? Bob made a post implying it might hurt the Dem ticket having her on it.

We shall see.
August 18th, 2020 at 1:48:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I think Harris will be Pence's equal in the unimportant VP debate.

Equal? She will destroy him.

He’s completely out of his league even with the help of a teleprompter:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 18th, 2020 at 1:49:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
I don't like Harris because of her policies, and slightly because of the fact she slept her way to public office. I do think it was a HUGE mistake to announce in advance that the VP pick was going to be a woman, and a 'woman of color' at that. Anyone who says they made no such formal announcement misses the point that they made it clear that was their intent. How much better would it have been to have made NO preconceived elimination round (Buttigieg, O'Rourke, Castro, Sanders) and just, when announcing Harris, proclaim she was the BEST candidate amongst ALL possibilities, not just women of color? We all know she just won the "best available Black woman" VP choice.

I think Harris will be Pence's equal in the unimportant VP debate. The question is, will her selection invigorate Black women to come out and vote, even if it is drizzling that day? Bob made a post implying it might hurt the Dem ticket having her on it.

We shall see.

He would have done better to just pick her. But Democrats cannot help themselves when it comes to gender and skin color picks. It is so important to them that they cannot avoid it. As to black women voting, it is will they show up? I think Trump has made some progress with black males, not a ton but given how the Democrats have owned the black vote anything is big. So it is just to get them to show up.

Now, dirty little secret! Kamala is light skinned. Dark skinned black women are not all that liking of light skinned blacks. So that one will be interesting.
The President is a fink.
August 18th, 2020 at 2:42:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Now, dirty little secret! Kamala is light skinned. Dark skinned black women are not all that liking of light skinned blacks. So that one will be interesting.

White people usually have no
idea how obsessed a lot of
Blacks are about skin color.
It always amazed me when I
ran across it. Look what Michael
Jackson did to himself.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 18th, 2020 at 2:55:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
White people usually have no
idea how obsessed a lot of
Blacks are about skin color.
It always amazed me when I
ran across it. Look what Michael
Jackson did to himself.

At first I heard about it, in college. One of my friends was walking somewhere or something and a light skinned black guy was walking by. Nobody they knew just a guy walking to or from class. Meanwhile a black girl of darker skin saw him and started yelling that he was a half-breed. Seen it other times later.
The President is a fink.
Page 33 of 35« First<303132333435>