No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

December 28th, 2020 at 10:46:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: HotDog
Imagine how many of those 330,000 people would still be alive if Covid hadn't exacerbated the condition that actually killed them.

If only Trump had passed a law that said you do not have to die all would be well!
The President is a fink.
December 28th, 2020 at 10:47:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
"Why are we on lockdown when so few (healthy) people are dying?!?"

Um... fewer people are dying BECAUSE we've had lockdowns... If you can't go out in public and be around other people, you obviously decrease your chances of catching a contagious disease...

Agreed. You can also decrease that probability by CHOOSING not to go out in public and be around other people, as opposed to being forced not to do it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 28th, 2020 at 10:53:24 AM permalink
HotDog
Threads: 0
I work in a non-essential retail establishment. I recently asked the management how we had been effected financially by Covid and the one lockdown we had.

I was told 2020 was the most profitable year in the company's history. Insane.
December 28th, 2020 at 10:54:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I work in a non-essential retail establishment. I recently asked the management how we had been effected financially by Covid and the one lockdown we had.

I was told 2020 was the most profitable year in the company's history. Insane.

I'm sure it's also a great year for Amazon. Depends on the location and the type of business. I imagine fast food and pizza places, for another example, are largely doing fairly well.

But, I'll make sure to go find the previous owners of the three bars and two restaurants that permanently closed...all within 1.5 miles of me...and tell them that your store had its best year ever. I'm sure that will make them feel better about things.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 28th, 2020 at 11:25:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
The average age of the people dying of covid is 83. Many already have a very poor quality of life. How many do you think would be alive in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years even without covid. Most of these people if given the choice would give up their life to save their kids or grandkids the stress of losing their homes or business.

Nope, you tell them how you walked uphill 5 miles in the snow when you were a kid to carry back 25lbs of firewood, and to suck it up.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 28th, 2020 at 12:13:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
Shutting down businesses-Agree

Masks Useless-Disagree

I guess I haven't done any deep research into the masks,

Obviously. If a stupid cloth mask
lets in air molecules, why would
it have a problem letting in even
smaller viruses. It's a 'duh'
situation. Masks are to control
us, not to protect us. To make
us lemmings. And believe me,
those in charge are delighted
at how easy it was to do and
are planning the next phase
of getting mass control of us.

Probably coming for our guns
next, an armed population is very
hard to take over. It's why Hitler
went door to door and took
every gun and rifle before he
made his move.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 28th, 2020 at 12:22:49 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
smaller viruses. It's a 'duh'
us lemmings. And believe me,

made his move.

My understanding is that they are to prevent the virus from, "Getting out," more than they are to prevent them from being let in.

In many cases, "Those in charge," didn't mandate the mask. In some states, businesses implemented the mask policies of their own accord, which should be considered perfectly fine.
December 28th, 2020 at 12:23:51 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: EvenBob
If a stupid cloth mask
smaller viruses.

The molecular sizes of oxygen, nitrogen and argon are 0.299, 0.305, and 0.363 nanometers (nm).
Carbon dioxide is 0.33nm

Each SARS-CoV-2 virion is approximately 50–200 nanometres in diameter.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 28th, 2020 at 12:34:11 PM permalink
HotDog
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
smaller viruses.

Yeah, look at all those stupid doctors and healthcare workers wearing masks for no reason while they work.

Quote:
It's a 'duh'
us lemmings.

To control us to do what, exactly? Not breath our germs on each other? OH THE HUMANITY!! How exactly does the government have control over me because I have a piece of cloth on my face?

Quote:
And believe me,
made his move.

LOL... go peddle your conspiracy crap somewhere else. Bet you think 9/11 was an inside job, too.

EDIT:

I like how something completely innocuous like wearing a mask is the tipping point for you people. All these other government restrictions, laws, and regulations you deal with on a daily basis are perfectly acceptable, but wearing a mask is the one thing that is tantamount to getting thrown in a Nazi gas chamber.

Take this Social Security Number; you can't get a job or do anything without it. Sure, whatever you say.

Oh, you want to drive a car? Take this test, pay insurance every month and register it with the government every year. And wear a seatbelt. And don't speed. Or drive drunk. Got it.

We're taking money from every paycheck to pay for stuff you might never use. Well, that sucks, but it's for the greater good, I guess.

No shirt, no shoes, no service. No problem!

Oh, you want a place to live? You may own that house, but you're gonna pay us taxes on it. Where do I sign?

And don't break any of these 10,000 other laws or we'll take your property, freedom, or even your life. Well, that sounds perfectly reasonable.

Wear a mask to prevent others from getting sick. OH MY F****** GOD, HOW DARE YOU, YOU LITERAL HITLER!!!!!! WAIT TIL THE OTHER ANTIVAX SOCCER MOMS ON FACEBOOK HEAR ABOUT THIS!!!
December 28th, 2020 at 12:45:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Yeah, look at all those stupid doctors and healthcare workers wearing masks for no reason while they work.

Working in an operating room equates to going to the grocery store how exactly?

Keep polishing your chains.
The President is a fink.