No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 20th, 2020 at 1:35:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Mission146
Yeah, and do you really expect the Liberals not to be perfectly willing to move the goalposts on what is considered, “Harmful enough?” I sure as hell don’t.

I would have been unhappy if Obama had spent as much time as Trump denying actual facts about the virus, which trump continues even to this day.

And no, I’m not happy with every liberal decision, but in general am more likely to agree than not.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2020 at 1:47:58 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
I would have been unhappy if Obama had spent as much time as Trump denying actual facts about the virus, which trump continues even to this day.

And no, I’m not happy with every liberal decision, but in general am more likely to agree than not.

Trump obviously totally bungled the handling at the virus. The only thing he’s done effectively is use it as a means to deepen the divide in this country.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 20th, 2020 at 2:54:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Trump obviously totally bungled the handling at the virus. The only thing he’s done effectively is use it as a means to deepen the divide in this country.

Bungled how exactly? He shut down travel. That is really all that can be done. A virus is going to spread. People that say he "bungled it" generally have lives so comfortable they think any discomfort cab be stopped.
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2020 at 4:05:39 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Bungled how exactly? He shut down travel. That is really all that can be done. A virus is going to spread. People that say he "bungled it" generally have lives so comfortable they think any discomfort cab be stopped.

He bungled it in the sense that, rather than decry it as a hoax or overblown, he could have actually used it to unite the country to achieve a common goal. Instead, he wants it to just be another them v. us thing for no real benefit. He spends more time and words trying to rile up the left than he does actually running the country.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 20th, 2020 at 4:51:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
He bungled it in the sense that, rather than decry it as a hoax or overblown, he could have actually used it to unite the country to achieve a common goal. Instead, he wants it to just be another them v. us thing for no real benefit. He spends more time and words trying to rile up the left than he does actually running the country.

Seems he did that. Remember the stimulus? As to "unite" the left wants nothing to do with being united, or have you not noticed that?

I would rather he say it is overblown than overreact to it. He wants to get the country moving again. Contrast that to people who want to stay on the dole. The kind that want to sit at home and wait it out. We cannot do that. We need to open back up.
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2020 at 7:17:57 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Seems he did that. Remember the stimulus? As to "unite" the left wants nothing to do with being united, or have you not noticed that?

I would rather he say it is overblown than overreact to it. He wants to get the country moving again. Contrast that to people who want to stay on the dole. The kind that want to sit at home and wait it out. We cannot do that. We need to open back up.

I have noticed that and commented accordingly. Yeah, he signed a bill into law that had a veto-proof majority in the first place, amazing work. I could have done that. Of course, I was and am against the stimulus because I’m an actual fiscal Conservative as relates Federal-level spending.

I’d rather just someone attempt to call it what it is rather than try to spin it one way or another. He did more than say overblown, he called it a hoax. The people who worship him as a god were convinced, because of what he said, that the thing is all but non-existent. He could have at least got his idiot right Evangelicals in line when it became clear this would be a serious long-term affair. Even some churches have come out against his handling of it. Some of them closed it up of their own accord until this bad boy could get figured out...and they usually care about nothing more than they do money.

When the churches are smarter than you are, you’re doing something wrong.
July 20th, 2020 at 7:40:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
.... Even some churches have come out against his handling of it. Some of them closed it up of their own accord until this bad boy could get figured out...and they usually care about nothing more than they do money.

When the churches are smarter than you are, you’re doing something wrong.
Churches have received billions in stimulus money, why put wear and tear on the machinery when the taxpayers will subsidize the industry?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 20th, 2020 at 10:46:59 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
He did more than say overblown, he called it a hoax.

"Trump did use the word “hoax” but his full comments, and subsequent explanation, make clear he was talking about Democratic attacks on his administration’s handling of the outbreak, not the virus itself."

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/democratic-ad-twists-trumps-hoax-comment/

"What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

A little context is important because very early on, Democrats were critical of the bold move to close entry from China and other actions. Before the virus really took off here, the Democrats were saying that it was safe to go out and party. No one new crap back then and the experts that many try to give an aura of perfection to now were very, very wrong. Not on purpose, most likely, but still wrong.

There are plenty of other things worthy of criticism; why use a comment that was taken out of context?
July 21st, 2020 at 4:00:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: petroglyph
Churches have received billions in stimulus money, why put wear and tear on the machinery when the taxpayers will subsidize the industry?

I was referring more to the ones who decided to go to virtual services even prior to any stimulus bill passing. It was almost certainly a minority of churches, but even a few of them were smart enough early on to know that gathering in large numbers indoors wasn’t such a great idea.
July 21st, 2020 at 4:05:05 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Despite a 69% increase in the number of new daily cases, the number of daily deaths has fallen 70% since April 21st.

The US is currently tenth in the number of deaths per million population. If not for Cuomo and Murphy turning their nursing homes into death camps, the US would be a much lower position.

Obesity is a major factor contributing to the death rate. 72% of Americans are either overweight or obese, and 41% are obese.

"Moreover, 62% of the patients with obesity died of COVID-19, compared with 36% of those without obesity." - Article

Eighth fattest.

Calculate your BMI

Demographics are another factor.

“Latino adults were more obese (47%) than their black (46.8%), white (37.9%), and Asian (12.7%) peers” - Salud

Black and Latino Americans have more than four times the hospitalization rate of white Americans.

“Black Americans tend to be younger when they have chronic risk factors – cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, chronic pulmonary disease – most likely to be associated with Covid-19 infection”-Statnews