The Coronavirus thread

Poll
2 votes (14.28%)
2 votes (14.28%)
2 votes (14.28%)
1 vote (7.14%)
2 votes (14.28%)
3 votes (21.42%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (7.14%)
1 vote (7.14%)

14 members have voted

July 19th, 2020 at 9:44:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 15
Posts: 2282
Quote: Evenbob
So just lie, then, what does
it matter? Great way to do
business. I believe nothing
that comes out of the shrimp
quacks mouth. It's like being
a witness on the stand. Lie
just once and your entire
credibility is gone.


Gotta agree with Bob here. Fauci could have been honest and said this.....

"There is an acute shortage of medical quality masks, both N-95 and regular surgical masks. These should be reserved for front line health care workers at present. The general public can use cloth masks, even homemade ones until the shortage is over. Though not perfect, they will provide a reasonable barrier to decrease but not eliminate the spread of COVID-19."

Him lying is just a bad way to act as a medical leader.
July 19th, 2020 at 10:10:08 AM permalink
Dalex64
Member since: Mar 8, 2014
Threads: 3
Posts: 3351
Quote: SOOPOO
Gotta agree with Bob here. Fauci could have been honest and said this.....

"There is an acute shortage of medical quality masks, both N-95 and regular surgical masks. These should be reserved for front line health care workers at present. The general public can use cloth masks, even homemade ones until the shortage is over. Though not perfect, they will provide a reasonable barrier to decrease but not eliminate the spread of COVID-19."

Him lying is just a bad way to act as a medical leader.


Do you also agree with Bob that the doctor has no more credibility and that you shouldn't believe anything that he says?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 19th, 2020 at 10:24:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 138
Posts: 21983
Quote: SOOPOO

Him lying is just a bad way to act as a medical leader.


It's Foochi's attitude that's bothersome.
In his tiny mind he's Der Fuhrer of the
pandemic. He's dreamed about this time
since he made a fool out of himself
during the AIDS 'crisis'. He lost all cred
then and he thinks he's winning it back
now. Sorry Tiny Fooch, you're still
a glory seeking jerk...
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 19th, 2020 at 10:33:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 15
Posts: 1121
Quote: Evenbob
It's Foochi's attitude that's bothersome.
In his tiny mind he's Der Fuhrer of the
pandemic. He's dreamed about this time
since he made a fool out of himself
during the AIDS 'crisis'. He lost all cred
then and he thinks he's winning it back
now. Sorry Tiny Fooch, you're still
a glory seeking jerk...


Wolf is going to get upset if he hears you call Fauci, “Der Führer.” That’s supposed to be his title.
"Mondlicht leuchtet fahl auf moosbedecktes Menschengebein."
July 19th, 2020 at 12:46:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 145
Posts: 10281
Quote: SOOPOO
Gotta agree with Bob here. Fauci could have been honest and said this.....

"There is an acute shortage of medical quality masks, both N-95 and regular surgical masks. These should be reserved for front line health care workers at present. The general public can use cloth masks, even homemade ones until the shortage is over. Though not perfect, they will provide a reasonable barrier to decrease but not eliminate the spread of COVID-19."

Him lying is just a bad way to act as a medical leader.


Nope!!!

Exactly the worse thing happened to sanitizer, cleaners effective against covid and eventually masks. HOARDING AND PRICE GOUGING.
Trump says his supporters are dumber than a sack of rocks
July 19th, 2020 at 12:56:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 145
Posts: 10281
...and then you have things like this as soon as something is deemed valuable.

Quote:
A Long Island man is charged with violating the Defense Production Act, after prosecutors say he hoarded several tons of personal protective equipment needed by first responders and health care workers who are treating Covid-19 patients and sold it at his store for huge markups, according to court filings.


You think he was going to sell it to hospitals at discounts even if people didn't buy it? I seriously doubt it.
Trump says his supporters are dumber than a sack of rocks
July 19th, 2020 at 11:34:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 145
Posts: 10281
Quote: SOOPOO
Wow.... Um.... NO!!! The law when we arrived on Thursday was that we could get drinks by the hot tub/fireplace without needing to eat food. My point is that Dodo Cuomo somehow decided if we ordered the $15 hummus plate then it was now safe to be in the EXACT same place were in the day before!

The 'intent' of the law is just absolute, plain STUPIDITY!!! If you can explain to me how the four of us sitting alone drinking is less safe than the four of us sitting around drinking and also having a hummus plate! OF COURSE YOU CAN'T!!!!! It is just another plain old STUPID executive order.


It's obvious there is a wink and a nod collaboration by both the restaurant and you to violate the intent of the order.

Do you think Cuomo just wanted to make sure you guys ate snacks while you drank? NO. He wanted to discourage drinking and schmoozing for extended periods, but allow people to at least have a drink with their dinner THEN LEAVE.

And also, why do you think your group is the representative of all groups out drinking? It's not! If people could be counted on to be dependable, we wouldn't need rules and laws at all.

Besides that, laws don't work the way you might like. You can't get away with "Officer, I drive 15mph above the speed limit, because I'm a great driver, look at my record, you can't give me a ticket." You aren't the exception. If you see "Please Don't tap on the glass" on an aquarium, do you need to be threatened with a flogging to not tap on the glass?

Maybe Cuomo will crack down on the next iteration of this if this doesn't work out. Then will you be happier?
Trump says his supporters are dumber than a sack of rocks
July 20th, 2020 at 4:29:14 AM permalink
RonC
Member since: Nov 7, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 1408
Quote: rxwine
It's obvious there is a wink and a nod collaboration by both the restaurant and you to violate the intent of the order.

Do you think Cuomo just wanted to make sure you guys ate snacks while you drank? NO. He wanted to discourage drinking and schmoozing for extended periods, but allow people to at least have a drink with their dinner THEN LEAVE.


Cuomo signed a stupid order without thinking it through. This is what happens when we hurry and don't think about the potential impact of rules, laws, or orders that politicians put in place.

His intent wasn't really to stop SOOPOO's group from sitting around and having a properly social-distanced drink. His intent was to stop people from crowding together in drinking establishments with disregard for their safety and that of others by ignoring social distancing. Ignoring the mask requests and mandates, ignoring social distancing, ignoring everything they have heard...but the stupid press and gullible people want to blame it all on certain folks.

Democrats AND Republicans are both guilty of violating the rules, requests, suggestions, etc. of people in their party and the other one. Don't forget the independents and other folks, too.

Anyway, back on point, Cuomo signed an order that a high school student, maybe a grade schooler, could see right through. Instead of defending him and trying to say SOOPOO was a scofflaw, go after the source of the stupidity. Your side is plenty willing to do it when Trump is the source. SOOPOO, and others, are willing to do it both ways.

One idea...the 51%/49% rule that many states use to determine the difference between a bar and a restaurant. Without changing your menu prices (as of the day before the order) on anything now on the menu, each guest (or table) must buy 51% or more in food items in order to be allowed to stay in the establishment.

That may not be a great idea, but it isn't a signed order that makes no sense and is laughably unenforceable...just a discussion item.
China Lied...How Many There Really Died?
July 20th, 2020 at 5:19:39 AM permalink
Dalex64
Member since: Mar 8, 2014
Threads: 3
Posts: 3351
In Michigan, the governor has shut down indoor bar service. It applies to liquor licensed establishments that get over 70% of their receipts from alcohol sales.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 20th, 2020 at 5:48:47 AM permalink
Mission146
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 15
Posts: 1121
Quote: Dalex64
In Michigan, the governor has shut down indoor bar service. It applies to liquor licensed establishments that get over 70% of their receipts from alcohol sales.


Whitmer throwing her hat in with Wolf, Cuomo and Newsom for the title of Der Führer, I see.
"Mondlicht leuchtet fahl auf moosbedecktes Menschengebein."