No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 7th, 2020 at 1:12:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I'm remembering the beginning of the shutdown. That the plan was to 'flatten the curve'. I think I heard that phrase a thousand times, maybe more. The plan wasn't to shut down until we could assure no more Coronavirus deaths. I believe the shutdown was successful at flattening the curve everywhere but NYC. Unless I am wrong, all other areas of the country had the resources necessary to treat the sick and dying. And now even NYC is removing makeshift hospital beds. It is time to open up. Special reasonable social distancing rules? Sure. Lots of public notices about personal risks involved? Sure. Make retail stores like supermarkets are now. If you want the crowds at the Bills games to wear masks, fine. Might there be spikes in cases? Absolutely! Might more die as a result of closing in on a normal life? You bet!
If you want to stay home, order on Amazon and Wegman's delivery, not eat out, not go to the gym, not get a massage, work from home, feel free! Let the rest of society to choose what level of risk each individual is willing to accept.

Didn't quote it, but generally agree with Bob's post above mine.

The problem is that in places that have started opening up, there has been absolutely no demand whatsoever for eat-in restaurants, retail stores, etc.

People are smarter than the Fox News talking heads.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 7th, 2020 at 1:27:34 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288

I will dispute any sentence that starts with "People are smarter than". I believe most people are morons.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 7th, 2020 at 1:31:25 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
I will dispute any sentence that starts with "People are smarter than". I believe most people are morons.

Oh I absolutely agree.

Only the Fox News talking heads are even dumber than the average dumbass.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 7th, 2020 at 2:14:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I'm remembering the beginning of the shutdown. That the plan was to 'flatten the curve'. I think I heard that phrase a thousand times, maybe more. The plan wasn't to shut down until we could assure no more Coronavirus deaths. I believe the shutdown was successful at flattening the curve everywhere but NYC. Unless I am wrong, all other areas of the country had the resources necessary to treat the sick and dying. And now even NYC is removing makeshift hospital beds. It is time to open up. Special reasonable social distancing rules? Sure. Lots of public notices about personal risks involved? Sure. Make retail stores like supermarkets are now. If you want the crowds at the Bills games to wear masks, fine. Might there be spikes in cases? Absolutely! Might more die as a result of closing in on a normal life? You bet!
If you want to stay home, order on Amazon and Wegman's delivery, not eat out, not go to the gym, not get a massage, work from home, feel free! Let the rest of society to choose what level of risk each individual is willing to accept.

Didn't quote it, but generally agree with Bob's post above mine.

No county or city should be opening where there is still a shortage of PPE for medical and first responders. There's just no excuse to expect people to work with insufficient protection.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 7th, 2020 at 2:16:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody see CBS News was busted for
padding a virus testing tent with fake
patients because there were no real
ones? The media wants this virus
to last forever.

On that note, the traffic by my house
today is 5 times more than a week
ago. Then maybe 4-5 cars a minute
went by. Today it's non stop all day
long, almost like it is normally.
What's changed in the last few days
in MI.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 7th, 2020 at 2:18:14 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
There's just no excuse to expect people to work with insufficient protection.

I disagree, . Make it a free market economy for employees. just raise salaries until enough people agree to work based on the conditions.
May 7th, 2020 at 2:18:15 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The problem is that in places that have started opening up, there has been absolutely no demand whatsoever for eat-in restaurants, retail stores, etc.

I am not sure why that is a "problem"...it is just people being careful and going at a pace that they feel is comfortable. Things won't get back to normal instantly and the guidelines are to help it start in that direction, not to guarantee that it happens instantly.

I know some would like to see us shut down for another six months or whatever, but we really do need to get back to work and start moving forwards. There are risks; there are always risks. There are even risks to sheltering in place.

Yes, of course...all of the others covering the news are so much smarter and better.

I understand; they better fit your view of the world.
May 7th, 2020 at 2:19:57 PM permalink
rxwine
I disagree, . Make it a free market economy for employees. just raise salaries until enough people agree to work based on the conditions.

Many hospitals are already deep in debt. You going to pay them?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 7th, 2020 at 2:22:48 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
Many hospitals are already deep in debt. You going to pay them?

My health insurance company will pay them and I will pay more for my health insurance.
May 7th, 2020 at 2:33:48 PM permalink
rxwine
My health insurance company will pay them and I will pay more for my health insurance.

You need more to agree to do that, than just you.