No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 3rd, 2020 at 8:41:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
I am surprised that movie theaters have lasted as long as they have. Little in the way of creativity. So much is sequels, franchises, or licensed off superheroes. Films last a very, very short time then are pulled. No chance for word of mouth. Concessions oversized and overpriced.

Sales don't necessarily always make sense on a rational basis. People stood in long lines to pay more for new iphones when they had a perfectly good version at home. Sales can appeal to the impulsive.

Theaters are still one of the classic date night options. It's a way for kids to get out of the house. If it were just about watching something they could stay home.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2020 at 8:43:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Sales don't necessarily always make sense on a rational basis. People stood in long lines to pay more for new iphones when they had a perfectly good version at home. Sales can appeal to the impulsive.

Theaters are still one of the classic date night options. It's a way for kids to get out of the house. If it were just about watching something they could stay home.

I get that. But I look at theaters. I do not see near the crowds you did in the 80s. But I also know they are more a real estate play than anything else.
The President is a fink.
May 3rd, 2020 at 10:06:40 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
One of the first things I believe that many people should due when it becomes available is take the flu shot. I am not saying that you should be "forced" to take it for those anti-vax folks and those who have allergies to the shot; just that if you take the flu shot on a routine basis, take it early this year.

Naturally, that won't solve everything. There are years that some strains not included in the shot become prevalent. You sometimes still get the flu with the shot due to factors like that, but it is often less severe.

Taking it early is easy enough to do and it may help keep some hospital beds open if Covid-19 rears up again as the fall rolls around.
May 3rd, 2020 at 11:30:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Michigan's Whitmer says armed protesters displayed 'worst racism and awful parts' of US history

What on earth is "racist" about wanting to open the economy?
The President is a fink.
May 3rd, 2020 at 11:42:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2020 at 5:10:29 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Even though I agree with the people in the article, it's hard to feel sorry them.

‘Orwellian’ NYPD swarms parks to enforce social distancing

This is the same backward state that won't send cops after illegals, but they'll send them after peaceful citizens. It's insanity man!
Hey New York, this is what you get when you vote for stupid libbie politicians!! 🙄
May 3rd, 2020 at 5:18:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Even though I agree with the people in the article, it's hard to feel sorry them.

‘Orwellian’ NYPD swarms parks to enforce social distancing

This is the same backward state that won't send cops after illegals, but they'll send them after peaceful citizens. It's insanity man!
Hey New York, this is what you get when you vote for stupid libbie politicians!! 🙄

We all know how you really feel...

Can we send that virus to San Francisco, New York, LA, and every other libbie infested city? 😂😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2020 at 10:16:42 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Welcome to the police state folks!
You wanted it, now you got it!

May 4th, 2020 at 2:09:39 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Welcome to the police state folks!
You wanted it, now you got it!

You wanted a conman reality tv show host for president. Well, you got him.
May 4th, 2020 at 3:15:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tripdufan

You wanted a conman reality tv show host for president. Well, you got him.

What does your not liking Trump have to do with this pic?

Or has mentioning Trump replaced crying racism when you have nothing to say or add?
The President is a fink.